Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
The Love God Pheromone Blend
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: The Love God Pheromone Blend
09-04-2019 7:36 AM

(09-03-2019 7:05 PM)DssMaster Wrote:  And this just in...we've finally made it to post #2000 on this thread!!!Yahoo

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hooray! I'm still having fun with this stuff. I just got a bottle of Force Du Poivre scented The Love God from LP. Smells really nice, like a niche fragrance. Looking forward to trying it out when I'm done testing Homme Fatal, which I am also really enjoying.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
09-04-2019 7:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
juggernaut1
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:03 AM

I would really like to test TLG further, I just am not too big of a fan of the scent that I got it in. I got it in LP Home, and while I enjoy the scent in and of itself, I just feel a little like a wandering Christmas biscuit or an incense stick. I would love something more fresh, and I like how Excalibur sounds. Does it smell woodsy fresh, or is it also more of an incense smell? And how do the other scents compare?

I read your review of Adams Nectar @snoopyace, and it sounds intriguing. you mentioned that you didn't think everyone would be able to pull it off somewhere - what kind of person specifically do you think would be able to pull it off?
09-04-2019 8:03 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:21 AM

(09-04-2019 8:03 AM)juggernaut1 Wrote:  I would really like to test TLG further, I just am not too big of a fan of the scent that I got it in. I got it in LP Home, and while I enjoy the scent in and of itself, I just feel a little like a wandering Christmas biscuit or an incense stick. I would love something more fresh, and I like how Excalibur sounds. Does it smell woodsy fresh, or is it also more of an incense smell? And how do the other scents compare?

I read your review of Adams Nectar @snoopyace, and it sounds intriguing. you mentioned that you didn't think everyone would be able to pull it off somewhere - what kind of person specifically do you think would be able to pull it off?

Has anyone said anything about the scent of LP: Homme? At least where I live (in the corn belt of the USA) women DIG the scent because it is so different from the sea of Aqua Di Gio and One Million they are used to here. It really does smell very gourmand, though.

Excalibur starts out GREEN but as it dries down it evolves into a more woodsy green scent. The closest commercial scent I can think of to relate it to would be Polo Green. Not an exact replication but sort of in the ballpark. Another scent to look at that is a green woodsy style would be Merlin's Blend. It's in the ballpark of Drakkar Noir. Sort of similar but not really exact. Both get me all sorts of compliments.

Honestly, when it comes to any of the scents from LPMP you have to be very secure in who you are and not be afraid to smell different from every other guy out there. I've had women tell me I smelled like a candle before and I took it as a compliment because they liked the scent, it was just that they weren't used to a guy smelling that way. Adam's Nectar scent does have a bit of an incense vibe to it. I've had women tell me I smelled like the world's sexiest incense when I'm wearing it. And that was WITHOUT the pheromones! Big Grin

Adam's Nectar is a sexy, sophisticated, spicy, rich, scent that is slightly sweet. It smells great and is probably best suited for evenings or cooler weather but it can be worn year round. Just remember that you'll smell a lot different than any guy wearing a standard commercial scent. Just my 2 cents.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019 8:23 AM by Snoopyace.)
09-04-2019 8:21 AM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:25 AM

(09-04-2019 8:03 AM)juggernaut1 Wrote:  I would really like to test TLG further, I just am not too big of a fan of the scent that I got it in. I got it in LP Home, and while I enjoy the scent in and of itself, I just feel a little like a wandering Christmas biscuit or an incense stick. I would love something more fresh, and I like how Excalibur sounds. Does it smell woodsy fresh, or is it also more of an incense smell? And how do the other scents compare?

LPMP scents aren't for everyone. they do have a sort of head shop vibe (which I personally love). I'd recommend getting some of the scent trial vials (about $5 each) to try out the scents before you spend the money on a bottle of TLG in a scent you might not like.

My wife LOVE LOVES LOVES Homme scent, and I like it a lot but am more partial to Merlin's and Kingmaker. Excalibur is cool, so is Unisexy and UN.

I have Adam's Nectar on order to try but I have some...ahem...trepidation about smelling like Johnny Appleseed on a three-day bender.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
09-04-2019 8:25 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:30 AM

(09-04-2019 8:21 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I've had women tell me I smelled like a candle before and I ...
broke out into a heart-felt rendition of The Flame by Cheap Trick

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
09-04-2019 8:30 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:32 AM

(09-04-2019 8:30 AM)Gladen Wrote:  broke out into a heart-felt rendition of The Flame by Cheap Trick

sideLolsideLolsideLol

Much better than breaking into an a cappella rendition of, 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling.'

09-04-2019 8:32 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:38 AM

(09-04-2019 8:25 AM)Gladen Wrote:  I have Adam's Nectar on order to try but I have some...ahem...trepidation about smelling like Johnny Appleseed on a three-day bender.

And yet... I aspire to that!

09-04-2019 8:38 AM
juggernaut1
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

09-04-2019 8:55 AM

(09-04-2019 8:21 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Has anyone said anything about the scent of LP: Homme? At least where I live (in the corn belt of the USA) women DIG the scent because it is so different from the sea of Aqua Di Gio and One Million they are used to here. It really does smell very gourmand, though.

Excalibur starts out GREEN but as it dries down it evolves into a more woodsy green scent. The closest commercial scent I can think of to relate it to would be Polo Green. Not an exact replication but sort of in the ballpark. Another scent to look at that is a green woodsy style would be Merlin's Blend. It's in the ballpark of Drakkar Noir. Sort of similar but not really exact. Both get me all sorts of compliments.

Honestly, when it comes to any of the scents from LPMP you have to be very secure in who you are and not be afraid to smell different from every other guy out there. I've had women tell me I smelled like a candle before and I took it as a compliment because they liked the scent, it was just that they weren't used to a guy smelling that way. Adam's Nectar scent does have a bit of an incense vibe to it. I've had women tell me I smelled like the world's sexiest incense when I'm wearing it. And that was WITHOUT the pheromones! Big Grin

Adam's Nectar is a sexy, sophisticated, spicy, rich, scent that is slightly sweet. It smells great and is probably best suited for evenings or cooler weather but it can be worn year round. Just remember that you'll smell a lot different than any guy wearing a standard commercial scent. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you!
I always wanted a nice, green and woodsy perfume ever since I as a kid smelt a perfume like that on someone. I unfortunately never asked what the perfume was, and have been looking for a similar one ever since. If you should describe the smell of Excalibur and Merlin's blend by comparing it to real-life things, how would they smell? I've never smelt neither the Dakkar or the Polo green!

I think, if I remember correctly, that I read someone somewhere saying that Excalibur also had that incense-y vibe to it, similarly to LP Homme.

Forgive me, I'm not too well versed in all this fragrance lingo, and English isn't my first (or secnd.. or third) language - but: what is that incense-y smell? What is it that gives it off? And what do you mean by 'gourmand'?
By the way, Gladen and Snoopy, just for future reference - how old are you and your partners? I've unfortunately never received a compliment on LP Homme haha. Might be because I'm in my mid-twenties. I mean, I like the smell of it. If my room would smell like that, I would love it. I just don't identify too much with the smell - don't feel like it's "me".
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019 8:57 AM by juggernaut1.)
09-04-2019 8:55 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

09-04-2019 9:11 AM

(09-04-2019 8:55 AM)juggernaut1 Wrote:  If you should describe the smell of Excalibur and Merlin's blend by comparing it to real-life things, how would they smell?

Then you do not want my scent descriptions. I have a pathetically tiny knowledge of scent notes and descriptors, so I won't be of any help.

But you hit it perfect in your last sentence fragment: If the scent doesn't feel like "you" then nothing else matters. A great LPMP example of that, for me, is Pashazade. That is a killer, exotic scent with subtle notes of spice that reminds me of cloves and the orient. It is awesome, just not me.

(09-04-2019 8:55 AM)juggernaut1 Wrote:  By the way, Gladen and Snoopy, just for future reference - how old are you and your partners?

I am currently in my lower 50's (as is my IQ!). My wife is in her mid-40's (hot sexy genius artist type with lots of tattoos....picture a suicide girl with a Master's Degree). My other partners range in ages from about 23 to 55, more commonly in their late 20's to lower 30's.

09-04-2019 9:11 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-04-2019 12:53 PM

(09-04-2019 8:55 AM)juggernaut1 Wrote:  Thank you!
I always wanted a nice, green and woodsy perfume ever since I as a kid smelt a perfume like that on someone. I unfortunately never asked what the perfume was, and have been looking for a similar one ever since. If you should describe the smell of Excalibur and Merlin's blend by comparing it to real-life things, how would they smell? I've never smelt neither the Dakkar or the Polo green!

I think, if I remember correctly, that I read someone somewhere saying that Excalibur also had that incense-y vibe to it, similarly to LP Homme.

Forgive me, I'm not too well versed in all this fragrance lingo, and English isn't my first (or secnd.. or third) language - but: what is that incense-y smell? What is it that gives it off? And what do you mean by 'gourmand'?
By the way, Gladen and Snoopy, just for future reference - how old are you and your partners? I've unfortunately never received a compliment on LP Homme haha. Might be because I'm in my mid-twenties. I mean, I like the smell of it. If my room would smell like that, I would love it. I just don't identify too much with the smell - don't feel like it's "me".

I have to tell you, your English is excellent, just so you know. I think you write it better than I do and I am a native speaker.

Alrighty, here is the best way that I can describe the scent of Excalibur and the scent of Merlin's Blend.

With Excalibur, imagine it being closer to the scent of a forest in the springtime after a rain where there are honeysuckle flowers nearby. There is a strong green tree quality to the scent that as time goes on, turns into a much more woody green scent. Woodsy green but with a hint of sweetness. Very nice, green forward but with woodsy notes type of scent. I think the sweetness is what some people interpret as being incense-y.

Merlin's Blend is more the smell of freshly cut timber next to a forest stream. Especially after it's been on 20 minutes or more, it turns into the scent of freshly cut lumber that has been felled next to a forest stream. More woodsy with a little green and an ever so slight floral note that adds depth to the scent.

Both are similar but not quite the same. I actually had sniffees (tiny .5ml sample vials) of each and put one scent on the top of each hand to compare so that I could give you the most direct comparison I could. From what you've described, I think that EITHER scent could be a good one for what you would like. In my experience, women in your age range (I'm mid 40's) seem to like the Merlin's Blend ever so slightly more than Excalibur but it's all a matter of personal preference. Either scent is a very masculine green woody scent. One is just more green, the other more woody.

Oh, and gourmand means a scent that is meant to smell somewhat like food. Or at least sweeter and more food like in it's interpretation. Wearing Unisexy, I've had women ask me if I worked for a bakery. It is a very vanilla forward scent so I tell them that, 'No, I'm just that sweet.'

Hope this helps!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019 12:56 PM by Snoopyace.)
09-04-2019 12:53 PM

Share This Thread