Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sylvamber
DarkLord1

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Sylvamber
09-14-2017 12:29 PM

I tried the mixture suggested above and it is MUCH stronger than just applying Sylvamber to the skin.

I will say that I'm not a huge fan of the strong smell when I compared it to the Cinis Lab, molecule 01 substitute, but it does give monster projection.

I'm thinking adding dpg (or something like it) would also be a good idea to the mix because the scent didn't last as long as the CL product at 1 spray (it has dpg).

I got compliments from the CL product (wife and others) and none really from SA. My wife noted that the SA seemed like a stronger version of the CL product (and she doesn't know the background).

I wore both products separately to a bar. 1 spray of CL let it dry down for about 20 minutes and then added 2 drops of Hypnotica.

Had people approaching my table from all over that bar. Three people asked to join me (met each one that night). Two girls and a guy. They talked and shared stories for longer than I wanted. Got compliments on my scent and I rather liked it too.

1 spray of my SA mixed with PA had a similar reaction (also with 2 drops of Hypnotica), but I was joined by a couple of brothers who talked sports. Got great service and noticed positive reactions throughout the night. Again, this had greater projection, but it didn't last as long and to my nose, it didn't smell as nice is the CL product.

I have yet to try the molecule 01 clone from fragrance shop, but I will to see how it stacks up. Probably will actually try that one with no mones first.

Again, my goal involves a specific event.
09-14-2017 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

09-14-2017 1:38 PM

(09-14-2017 12:29 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  Again, this [SA] had greater projection, but it didn't last as long and to my nose, it didn't smell as nice is the CL product.

Thanks for the nice comparison report DL1.

Perhaps, the sylvamber may be long lasting despite you not sensing it. You could have had olfactory fatigue from it on account of it being strong. I have read many stories on fragrantica about Molecule 01 (mostly ISO E Sup with some other notes) where the wearers couldn't sense the scent any longer after a couple of hours, yet others who came into contact remarked about the strong scent.

Have you tried to have others tell you if they can smell the SA after several hours?

Just a thought.
09-14-2017 1:38 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-14-2017 2:56 PM

(09-14-2017 1:38 PM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  Thanks for the nice comparison report DL1.

Perhaps, the sylvamber may be long lasting despite you not sensing it. You could have had olfactory fatigue from it on account of it being strong. I have read many stories on fragrantica about Molecule 01 (mostly ISO E Sup with some other notes) where the wearers couldn't sense the scent any longer after a couple of hours, yet others who came into contact remarked about the strong scent.

Have you tried to have others tell you if they can smell the SA after several hours?

Just a thought.

Good observation. Thank you. I have not asked for a scent opinion and I may have some fatigue.

I'll try it.
09-14-2017 2:56 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-15-2017 11:05 PM

Wore Sylvamber again and people can smell it when I can't. Although the projection is very nice, I still can't get past the smell difference, when I do smell it.

The Iso e clone gets me compliments....Strong ones...so the trade off for me is do I want more projection at the cost of scent.

There may be something I could add that would help with the scent profile, but I'm leaning toward the iso e clones.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 11:06 PM by DarkLord1.)
09-15-2017 11:05 PM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

09-16-2017 3:27 AM

(09-15-2017 11:05 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  The Iso e clone gets me compliments....Strong ones...so the trade off for me is do I want more projection at the cost of scent.

There may be something I could add that would help with the scent profile, but I'm leaning toward the iso e clones.

Yes, it's your call with a myriad of possible choices. Great to have options.

You could add other top notes to either of them e.g., bergamot, neroli, lavender to emulate that almost overdone nowadays woods with citruses, woody spicy genre.

One could mix one's favorite fougere/chypre either designer or niche favorite perfume/cologne with the ISO or sylvamber.

Perhaps, a compromise could be reached (just a guess) where you could make a mix of mostly ISO E with just a touch of Sylvamber to help bolster projection...that way you are getting mostly the scent that you love from the former while gaining some augmented projection from the latter namely Sylvamber.

With this latter thought, maybe someone like Goerge Focky or Ekscentra could chime in as to whether this could be feasible mixing both ISO E/Sylvamber so as to strike a balance between projection/agreeable scent.

In any case, I would guess that Sylvamber has to be toned down since it is powerful/persistent. Way less would be more to achieve that optimal mix of scent/projection/longevity.

Or it could something as simple as using what you like the most i.e., ISO E super. The diffusion is still significant, so you might not be sacrificing too much by foregoing sylvamber.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 3:30 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
09-16-2017 3:27 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-16-2017 7:17 AM

(09-16-2017 3:27 AM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  Yes, it's your call with a myriad of possible choices. Great to have options.

You could add other top notes to either of them e.g., bergamot, neroli, lavender to emulate that almost overdone nowadays woods with citruses, woody spicy genre.

One could mix one's favorite fougere/chypre either designer or niche favorite perfume/cologne with the ISO or sylvamber.

Perhaps, a compromise could be reached (just a guess) where you could make a mix of mostly ISO E with just a touch of Sylvamber to help bolster projection...that way you are getting mostly the scent that you love from the former while gaining some augmented projection from the latter namely Sylvamber.

With this latter thought, maybe someone like Goerge Focky or Ekscentra could chime in as to whether this could be feasible mixing both ISO E/Sylvamber so as to strike a balance between projection/agreeable scent.

In any case, I would guess that Sylvamber has to be toned down since it is powerful/persistent. Way less would be more to achieve that optimal mix of scent/projection/longevity.

Or it could something as simple as using what you like the most i.e., ISO E super. The diffusion is still significant, so you might not be sacrificing too much by foregoing sylvamber.

Thank you for your thoughts. Thought about combining them and/or adding something to Sylvamber, but I'm a fan of simplicity.

My wife has been raving about my smell no matter what I add to The iso e clones.

Oh yeah, it seems to be mostly women that smell it and compliment the scent. Men tend to start sneezing. A few pick it up. I Sneezed a bit with a slight pressure (just short of a headache) at first, but now I don't.

Can't wait to try it at my event. Again, thanks for chiming in. The thing that I look for most is those who have an experiment mentality and then share what they see. Even in failure, they may pass on an insight that could be used in the next success.

You are one of the experimenters too and I really wish we could clone that.
09-16-2017 7:17 AM

MMM

Rep Post

09-18-2017 12:25 PM

(09-09-2017 1:20 AM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  I also bought some Iso E/Molecule 01 subs to see what could happen. The Sylvamber arrived first even though I ordered it last.

Because of you, Lord, both are arriving sometime this week.

How's it going ... mixing/adding/solo?

If I may, how old is the wife; and are you saying she likes Iso E better than Sylvamber, or she likes both?

Mucho thanks! Hi

I am MORE than a sausage with feet, but you, Miss, since you're sexy, you can treat me as such if you want! ALL NIGHT LONG!! Preved
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 12:26 PM by MMM.)
09-18-2017 12:25 PM
GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

09-19-2017 4:08 AM

No Problem mixing IES and Sylvamber, with the latter generally to be considered to use as the smaller part of the mix. But there is no real reason not to experiment as you like with ratios to 1:1 to 9:1 to even 1:9 for example, why not. I still would not advise using more than 10% aromachemical in an enthanol solution, it is more than enough for these two chemicals.

I'd like to mention that adding IES or Sylvamber to your favourite fragrance does not alter the longevity of the scent. You'll simply just smell IES longer, becuase it is a sticky molecule.

And "scent fatigue" is a tricky topic. Some smell some chemiclas longer than others (receptor overload) some not at all (genetic variations of Olfactory Receptors and their expression).
09-19-2017 4:08 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-19-2017 5:18 PM

(09-18-2017 12:25 PM)MMM Wrote:  Because of you, Lord, both are arriving sometime this week.

How's it going ... mixing/adding/solo?

If I may, how old is the wife; and are you saying she likes Iso E better than Sylvamber, or she likes both?

Mucho thanks! Hi

Wife is early 40's. She liked Iso E super with whatever I wore with it. Sylvamber, she didn't compliment at all. Said it was too strong and then once it calmed down she said that it reminded her a bit of the Iso.

I used the molecule 01 clone from Cinis Labs and had very good effects at my event. Still have my Sylvamber combo and may play with it more, but I got what I needed.

I even saw pretty good diffusion outside which I didn't expect....As long as the wind was not too bad.

I also played with a musk aoud and the "boosters"....Really like the pairing with pheromones. This combo got me the most compliments. Iso + MA + Pheromones

It softens the MA without taking away from the richness of the smell. I have Roja Musk Aoud....bought 2 small vials from scent split.
09-19-2017 5:18 PM
MMM

Rep Post

09-19-2017 5:32 PM

(09-19-2017 5:18 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  I used the molecule 01 clone from Cinis Labs and had very good effects at my event. I needed.

This one? https://www.etsy.com/listing/508154058/c16h26o-perfume

Thanks!

I am MORE than a sausage with feet, but you, Miss, since you're sexy, you can treat me as such if you want! ALL NIGHT LONG!! Preved
09-19-2017 5:32 PM

Share This Thread