Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sylvamber
DarkLord1

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Sylvamber
09-09-2017 1:20 AM

I'm not a scent aficionado. I normally wear a cover provided by the phero company and keep it moving with the occasional cologne cover to mix things up.

Bought this from Perfumers Apprentice because of Ekscentra's comments about it. Thank you, E.

I also bought some Iso E/Molecule 01 subs to see what could happen. The Sylvamber arrived first even though I ordered it last.

I had on 2 drops of an aged Bad Wolf app (wolf scent) when the product arrived. I could no longer smell the wolf scent as I had been wearing it about 4 hours.

Two dabs of Sylvamber from a 30ml bottle. Very reasonable price.

I immediately smelled the woody scent that I have read about. Did not seem overpowering, but it did smell clean and woody to me.

If I knew it was arriving today, I would have not put on BW, but life is what it is.

Definitely noticed the projection enhancements. I could smell the woody fragrance for the first hour and then it would come and go.

I didn't receive any compliments on my smell or any negative responses. My wife is very sensitive to smell and does not hesitate to tell me when I stink or smell like pee when I'm wearing pheromones.

The smell seems to be very smooth, gentle, and adds a touch of elegance to things. Very mellow and subdued....Kind of sensual to my senses. Refined.

I also had a slight head rush. Not quite a headache, but it passed quickly.

Now I placed this next to my apps of BW and my plan was to wear it alone first and then overlay (Snoop's method) which I will do later.

I can still smell it 8 hours after I applied it. The smell reminds me of a high end shaving soap that I had once.

I'm not sure I would say that it softens BW a bit, but I noticed people being more comfortable around me than when I just have on BW.

Saw this product in a few threads and was curious why there wasn't more written about it. My initial thoughts are very positive and I look forward to learning more.
09-09-2017 1:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

RE: Sylvamber
09-09-2017 1:46 AM

I second that Iso E Super and Molecule 01 and Silvamber need more exploration. And many of the other Aroma-Chemicals.

One day I've spent hours on end to read about them molecules documented by Ekscentra and Snoop and many other members. I really like Iso E Super. But am yet to discover Silvamber.

Me personally I'd chose Iso over Molecule 01. But that's just me personal preference. Plus am choosing it from observations from a sample vial of Molecule 01. (Which in a way I think it's unfair plus am still learning) but the Iso E oil diluted in isopropyl alcohol seems to give me the same smell as molecule 01. Hence, I belive I can mix and match and play with the volume of it to me own personal preference.

Looking forward to ur findings D-Lord. Smile I think we need more Silvamber reports too.
09-09-2017 1:46 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-09-2017 10:04 AM

I second the Sylvamber reports being needed. I might have to get some from Perfumer's Apprentice.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
09-09-2017 10:04 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-09-2017 9:36 PM

Wore 4 finger dabs of Sylvamber for about 30 minutes before applying Hypnotica 4 drops on top.

My wife really liked the scent of Sylvamber. Got the head rush again and I don't know if it's related, but I sneezed quite a few times too.

Went to 5 locations to test range effects and I am impressed. No additional scent compliments after the wife, but I got friendly approaches from everyone with some as far away as ~12 feet.

I lost the smell faster this time, but I could smell it for at least the first 30 minutes. Self effects were nice.. I felt very social without being over the top. Self esteem effects felt amplified at times. Scent comes and goes.

I had two professionals admit to behavior that they shouldn't share with someone they've known for a couple of hours.

Got two freebies from people. Looks, dilated pupils and all the things I expect from Hypnotica were there. Amplification of effects and range.
09-09-2017 9:36 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

09-10-2017 3:32 AM

Though I understand we look for other than "perfumery"-results, remember that applying the undiluted romachemical results in concentrations way higher than how you'd get Sylvamber in a perfume. Also, being heavy molecules, maybe some dilution with alcohol is needed to enhance the radius, otherwise you end up with most of the stuff sticking to its application point and giving off small numbers of molecules for weeks
09-10-2017 3:32 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-10-2017 9:08 AM

(09-10-2017 3:32 AM)GoergeFocky Wrote:  Though I understand we look for other than "perfumery"-results, remember that applying the undiluted romachemical results in concentrations way higher than how you'd get Sylvamber in a perfume. Also, being heavy molecules, maybe some dilution with alcohol is needed to enhance the radius, otherwise you end up with most of the stuff sticking to its application point and giving off small numbers of molecules for weeks

Ok. I'll try this method too. The reason I tried just the romachemcial is because of the results mentioned with the molecule 01 like oil from Fragrance shop. That came in yesterday. Also, I think someone else mentioned just putting on the chemical.

I didn't purchase any perfumers alcohol, but I can add it to some of my colognes.
09-10-2017 9:08 AM
GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

09-10-2017 12:01 PM

The oils sold by imitation-vendors are always diluted stuff as well, never pure aromachemicals. They usualy use a dipropylene base, not unlike the phero-oils.

With stuff like Sylvamber, even 10% aromachemical to 90% alcohol is a massive dose, and it will smell stronger than the pure undiluted stuff due to increased diffusion.
09-10-2017 12:01 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-10-2017 3:21 PM

(09-10-2017 12:01 PM)GoergeFocky Wrote:  The oils sold by imitation-vendors are always diluted stuff as well, never pure aromachemicals. They usualy use a dipropylene base, not unlike the phero-oils.

With stuff like Sylvamber, even 10% aromachemical to 90% alcohol is a massive dose, and it will smell stronger than the pure undiluted stuff due to increased diffusion.

GoergeFocky, good info. Wish I had it earlier, but that's why I started this thread.

You seem to be very knowledgable.

Please share your experiences with this molecule....What concentrations have you seen have the best effect? Are you mixing it with existing cologne or perfumers alcohol/dpg or some other combination?

Are you layering it with pheromones on top (bottom)? Are you adding it directly to pheromone blends?

Want to learn how to optimize my use of this molecule and/or iso super e. Look forward to your posts.
09-10-2017 3:21 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

idej1
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

09-11-2017 2:29 AM

(09-10-2017 12:01 PM)GoergeFocky Wrote:  The oils sold by imitation-vendors are always diluted stuff as well, never pure aromachemicals. They usualy use a dipropylene base, not unlike the phero-oils.

Hi GoergeF,
If 10% Slyvamber to 90% Alcohol is a massive dose? What are the proportion that you would recommend? 5%?

Edit: Sorry, just saw this over at basenotes. Just posting for reference. If it's not allowed, please take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
Thank you, that’s very kind.

The mix I’ve used that I think works well is this:

10g Iso E Super
6g Timbersilk
64g Perfumer’s Alcohol

for a total of 80g, which is enough to fill a 100ml atomiser with a solution at 20% by weight (approximately the IFRA permitted maximum for these materials).

However, now that Sylvamber is available you might try that instead (it’s much more powerful than Iso E Super and in my view cleaner than Timbersilk). It actually has a higher proportion of the gamma isomer than S&C report for true Iso Gamma Super.

So for this I’d recommend:

8g Sylvamber
72g Perfumer’s Alcohol

All those products are cheap enough you could easily buy them all and experiment for yourself with multiple proportions for less than the price of one bottle of the original too.

Evolve or suffer
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 3:30 AM by idej1.)
09-11-2017 2:29 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

09-11-2017 6:44 AM

(09-11-2017 2:29 AM)idej1 Wrote:  Hi GoergeF,
If 10% Slyvamber to 90% Alcohol is a massive dose? What are the proportion that you would recommend? 5%?

Edit: Sorry, just saw this over at basenotes. Just posting for reference. If it's not allowed, please take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
Thank you, that’s very kind.

The mix I’ve used that I think works well is this:

10g Iso E Super
6g Timbersilk
64g Perfumer’s Alcohol

for a total of 80g, which is enough to fill a 100ml atomiser with a solution at 20% by weight (approximately the IFRA permitted maximum for these materials).

However, now that Sylvamber is available you might try that instead (it’s much more powerful than Iso E Super and in my view cleaner than Timbersilk). It actually has a higher proportion of the gamma isomer than S&C report for true Iso Gamma Super.

So for this I’d recommend:

8g Sylvamber
72g Perfumer’s Alcohol

All those products are cheap enough you could easily buy them all and experiment for yourself with multiple proportions for less than the price of one bottle of the original too.

I'll try this mix after my PA alcohol arrives. Thank you for the find.
09-11-2017 6:44 AM

Share This Thread