Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social Proof - halo effect
Thor
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Social Proof - halo effect
01-10-2020 9:01 AM

So I watched a few youtube videos on the topic social proof.

Heres one for example
https://youtu.be/KpfGj_rlc8g

The psychology behind it is pretty interesting that people will view you in positive light depending on your social status. That's why some women are attracted to average or less than average looking men based on popularity. If women see other women validate the man, he tends to get elevated even more on positive light.

There also a term called the "halo effect".
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the...ct-2795906

So theres a lot of pheremones products focusing on the social side such as celebrity, wolf, ascend, etc.

Even though you need good social skills to create social proof, can anyone confirm if you have experienced this with the help of pheremones?
01-10-2020 9:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Social Proof - halo effect
01-10-2020 9:25 AM

(01-10-2020 9:01 AM)Thor Wrote:  If women see other women validate the man, he tends to get elevated even more on positive light.
Even though you need good social skills to create social proof, can anyone confirm if you have experienced this with the help of pheremones?

I have, to a point, seen this happen with myself. However, the observation is subjective, so it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm pretty outgoing, bold, and social to begin with, so achieving an above average social perception is fairly common for me. When I wear certain pheromones that mesh well with my personality (TLG, TKO, GRAV, HF, and some others) I tend to get strong and positive reactions from ladies. This attention, in turn, seems to make others more congenial towards me to begin with; which then hastens and amplifies the positive views people have of me.

It becomes its own self-feeding feedback loop where others are much more inclined to immediately view me positively because everyone else doing that already.

My thoughts are that the pheromones greatly hasten the process, as well as to amplify the positive-impression potential from others. As I said, though, this is a subjective feeling and anecdotal summary; I never bothered to study or quantify it to ensure that my impressions are accurate.

As a side note, somewhat related, I've also noted the power of ladies "talking me up" to other women. It "preconditions" other women to be predisposed to interact and escalate.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
01-10-2020 9:25 AM
Marcus Antonius
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-10-2020 11:30 AM

The "social proof effect" is in the PUA scene very well described and I have experienced it myself quite often in club settings. Once you're seen in smooth interaction with woman, the other woman treat you differently. One reason is the "preselection" which increses your attraction, the other is that you are less of a thread. Most guys are threatening to woman. We man have a greater physical strength and if we are mentally instable that can be dangerous for woman. They learn early to scan their surrounding for that. On one hand a big powerful men is attractive, but he is also more dangerous than a smaller guy. If you show that you are not dangerous by acting friendly to other women the observing girls recognize you as that - not a thread. Imagine you walk in the dark in a bad neighborhood and in the distance you see a big guy - you would feel threaded. Now if other people pass this guy without bad things happen, you would feel relieved. Again It is easy to spot that preselection effect.
To the question of mones. Cops are powerful and show a strong sexual attraction to at least some woman. Nearly all sexual Mone mixtures include cops. (There is right now a cop thread running) Why should straight woman be sexual attracted by a men smelling like the vaginal fluids of woman? Only because he subcommunicate that he is preselected by other woman. We want to have what others have (or have had in that case). If the tribe said it's ok than we think it's ok (not all judge their way through life like that but a sufficient number).
And finally - and I also have observed it myself - if you are in a state were you not yet supersmooth with woman (if you are, than the whole discussion is meaningless for you, you don't need the preselection effect anymore, right Gladen?), ok, so now an aspiring womanizer (like myself Smile) feels much better after a smooth m2w interactions himself. The successful interaction reduces your anxiety and increases your mental energy. This halos into the next approach and you come across with much higher self esteem. And woman love just that. The last effect holds long. After experiencing a series of successful interactions in the last months I observe that I can approach much more smoothly. So there is even social proof for your subconscious: you proof to yourself that you can do it and don't fear no more.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020 11:32 AM by Marcus Antonius.)
01-10-2020 11:30 AM
LoveInSpain
Serious Poster

Rep Post

01-10-2020 5:57 PM

I agree with everything posted so far.

Women always claim to want a single man. But in practice, when they do have a single man trying to open them, they often go into defensive mode and reject the offer.

That's why it is so important to have a circle of female friends. You can demonstrate that you are single and available, whilst not being a threat. (Don't pick really fat or ugly ones, they seem to be counter productive).

And of course, for first time exposures, female attention is highly contagious amongst them. Once it starts, you are onto a winning streak.

Sex and Mones and Rock'n'Roll....
01-10-2020 5:57 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

theLaw

Rep Post

01-10-2020 6:11 PM

First off, I think that it's important to know exactly what you want when it comes to social-proof. It must be something that can be measured, or you'll drown in abstractions.

In my experience, people looking for social-proof, simply don't have a social-circle, and they are dealing with a symptom, not the problem. Improving your social life is simple, go out and live your life.

Social Heavyweights:

Glace - This used to be the mix of legends on these boards, but has fallen out of favor over the years. Take a look at the old threads to see what a monster this was (and still is as far as I know).

Wolf - Never used this, but I assume that there is a reason it has lasted this long without a replacement.

Voodoo - In my experience this was "preferential treatment" in a bottle. Never experienced this with any other product.

Final note, social proof for getting laid is a massive waste of time imo, but for "dating" it can be valuable. Nearly every guy is undecided about which of these he wants at any given time, so he has no idea what tools to use, and usually lets the woman decide. Big boss

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020 6:15 PM by theLaw.)
01-10-2020 6:11 PM
Marcus Antonius
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-10-2020 6:38 PM

(01-10-2020 6:11 PM)theLaw Wrote:  In my experience, people looking for social-proof, simply don't have a social-circle, and they are dealing with a symptom, not the problem. Improving your social life is simple, go out and live your life.

In general I would say this is true, however there are special cases. For example I go to clubs when I am traveling. There I'm always on my own in a strange city and have never my circle with me. I actually enjoy the "lone wolf" or "sigma man" vibe of these nights out. However the whole "social proof" stuff is an issue that I have to deal with. A year ago I was sometimes wishing for a wing man (social proof is not only with woman) but now I have learned to "work" completely on my own, just me and the mones so to speak. And creating a great experience with a woman when you're clean slate is the ultimate feeling of freedom to me.
01-10-2020 6:38 PM
dsouza

Rep Post

01-10-2020 7:06 PM

I had used m3x a lot in bars to meet women... Unfortunately most had BF's. I became a vip there.
When I switched to l2k 2018 NOS and the hottest models all found reasons to talk to me (even if it was just BFF interest) I saw extreme jealousy from the women who had rejected me from the m3x and AM NOS I was no longer using. This jealousy caused within a matter of weeks almost all the women who rejected me to see me in a higher status light... It's quite different when you approach women and get rejected compared to the hottest models approaching you and telling you all their passions and dreams... I never closed with l2k but I noticed when I suddenly stopped and switched back to m3x I was asked out by EVERY model who rejected me with the bf line in previous weeks. Amazing!

Says something about the power of jealousy, disinhibition, and hot models when it comes to pulling certain women who will ONLY go for men who appear to be wanted by the hottest.

Dsouza

My Journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Dsouza-s-Jo...-Seduction

My New Music Website:
https://adriandsouza.bandcamp.com/follow_me
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020 7:08 PM by dsouza.)
01-10-2020 7:06 PM
Blacky Chan

Rep Post

01-10-2020 7:22 PM

Social proof has its downsides too. At my local spot I know every employee. So when girls see you drinking with the owner it's great for social proof, but a lot of guys get jealous. Then there's a group of weird guys that want to be your friend just so they can reap the benefits.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020 7:22 PM by Blacky Chan.)
01-10-2020 7:22 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

dsouza

Rep Post

01-10-2020 7:54 PM

That’s when you look an AMOG in the eye and say: WHO ARE YOU?

Dsouza

My Journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Dsouza-s-Jo...-Seduction

My New Music Website:
https://adriandsouza.bandcamp.com/follow_me
01-10-2020 7:54 PM
Blacky Chan

Rep Post

01-10-2020 8:14 PM

(01-10-2020 7:54 PM)dsouza Wrote:  That’s when you look an AMOG in the eye and say: WHO ARE YOU?

They're not AMOGs, nothing about them is alpha. They're more like the jackals that try to steal scraps from the lions kill.
01-10-2020 8:14 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ghost-Proof Products theLaw 1 1,217 01-30-2015 9:24 AM
Last Post: RussianWolf
  Why I believe with no proof nick1991 46 13,987 11-16-2014 10:26 AM
Last Post: D_Darko
  do pheromones work? show me proof hankypanky2 19 5,599 10-02-2013 3:07 AM
Last Post: solidprice