Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scent options, mixing scents?
WLWphero
Checking out the place

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Scent options, mixing scents?
02-16-2021 6:02 PM

I recently received my shipment from PT (GOA and ETFZ). I chose the Cold Water scent, but I find I don’t love it. It’s okay... I feel like really strong musky or smoky/tobacco scents would be the least likely to be a good match for me. But having experimented a little with PXS and LPMP, I am finding that fairly light, sweet, scents or those with a bit of fruit or baking spice would be a better fit. Maybe something slightly floral as long as it isn’t too heavy. For examples, I do like the PXS Jasmine Vanilla, and the True Pheromones Vanilla is fairly nice, if a little simple. I love the LPMP Flying Potion, but find the Bosom Bows a little overpowering. Still many others to try, though.

My questions are - does anyone have PT cover scent ideas to suggest based on this? Or am I better off with unscented and then finding a cover scent without Pheromones that I like?

Any thoughts on the possibility of using an unpheroed perfume alongside the Cold Water scented PT products, to try to soften the scent? Or am I better off replacing these products with unscented ones? Possibly a silly question but I am a perfume novice.
02-16-2021 6:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Artemis
Checking out the place

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Scent options, mixing scents?
06-03-2021 1:21 PM

So I'm not familiar with the company you're using but I definitely can chime in about cover scents. I enjoy using essential oils or perfumes I already love or even my good smelling lotions as a cover scent. I have some samples of pheromone perfumes that I use and enjoy but I don't think I would buy them. I just prefer the versatility of unscented pheromone products. Some blends don't even require a cover scent because the smell fades in a few minutes.

I'm not sure how helpful that was, hopefully someone that buys from the same company you do will be able to chime in!

Also instead of trying to alter the scent of the perfume you have you could just put on some vanilla lotion before you apply it. Its worth a shot and then you won't accidently make it smell worse and waste it. Good luck!
06-03-2021 1:21 PM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Scent options, mixing scents?
06-03-2021 2:58 PM

@Artemis: If you're prone to essential oils and natural scents you'd probably heartily enjoy the scents Mara (and her crew) creates at LPMP (Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie). She tends to not use fixatives and leans towards all natural ingredients. While many of her scents tend to have (what I call) that head Shoppe vibe to them, I love the scents, as do my lady friends. As an added bonus LPMP also includes the magical and spiritual properties associated with the various notes in the scents. Every time I order from LPMP I spend way too much getting the sample vials of scents just to try out.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
06-03-2021 2:58 PM

Share This Thread