Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
11-21-2012 3:59 PM

Some of you guys know that I have had hair loss and hair thinning issues lately that seemed to come out of nowhere. Yesterday I went to go see a Dr. that specializes in hormones, he had my blood and saliva tested.

My hormones levels are fine and there is no indication of anything that would cause hair loss. He said that some women do lose hair just like men do but that I was too young for that yet, although he has seen women my age start to lose their hair, but that it's not common. And even when that happens it's not as sudden and fast as it was with me. Stress could be another reason, but I have no had any stress lately (or 6 months ago, he mentioned it usually takes a while for the hair to fall after an incident). Thyroid looks fine.

So he asks me what I have been doing different in the past year, especially last 6 months. The only thing that has been different is my mone use, I had been using mones on my hair, especially Laid almost every single day for the past 6 months. Laid is the hair product with the mones in it. From the beginning I suspected it was the Laid, gut instinct I guess.

So I show him some of my mone products, he starts to look at the ingredients and has a look of shock in his face, but the real look of horror came when he wondered where the chemicals came from and who compounded/formulated them. He said most of the ingredients are precursors of Testosterone, whatever that means, and that it could very well be the cause of my hair thinning/loss. He also mentioned some ingredients were not pheromones but hormones... yea we already know that Doc.

He can't be 100% sure it was the Laid, he's never had a patient use hormones/pheromones in their hair. But that if he had to he would guesstimate that it was the reason.

Why he thinks it was the Laid;

*hair loss was sudden, one week my hair is fine the next it starts to fall and thin. Normal hair loss/thinning goes little by little.

*Hair loss usually starts 4-7 moths after a new product, high stress, new meds, etc.

*no changes in my diet, no new meds, no new stress etc.

*ingredients in Laid are precursors Test, test leads to DHT. DHT leads to fair loss/thinning.

So he advised me to stop using the Laid asap, I already had, and to be careful with the mones. He really REALLY recommended I not use mones everyday, especially not rub them into my skin. I've stopped using the Laid, will never touch it again and I will never use mones in my hair again. Will I continue to use mones??... YES, but I will be more careful and not use them everyday. I will apply them to my clothes and make sure I wash it separately.

I will keep you guys updated, it's going to take a while but if it was the Laid my hair should go back to normal with time. Not trying to pee on anyones cereal, just don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else. I would feel bad thinking this and not sharing it with you guys. Lets be careful and remember we are playing with chemicals that disrupt our hormones. Heart

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi

"Personal style, wicked game, unique approach, and solid confidence."~Thundr
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 4:02 PM by Lexy.)
11-21-2012 3:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
11-21-2012 4:05 PM

Thanks for the share lexy! to hear that Sad. That might explain my eyebrow hair loss too....

I've decided to take phero breaks too due to my skin rashing issue. So i do it every second day. Helps me better test and report about it better in the long run. I guess it means i have to start using my Laid hair wash as a body wash now.

I think it's because we take pheromones for granted and treat them like as if their toys, when it's actually a ticking time bomb... (ok maybe thats little over exaggerated lol)

Use them wisely..

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 4:05 PM by seeusmile.)
11-21-2012 4:05 PM
paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Rep Post

11-21-2012 4:06 PM

We are playing with hormones even if its in extremely small amounts. Pheromones is a hormone used externally.

I sometimes wonder if we are the new radium girls playing with technology when we dont know the long term effects.

I still use Pheromones and yes my hair has thinned a lot since i started using Pheromones. I always attributed that to hormonal shift from losing lots of weight and working out more.
11-21-2012 4:06 PM
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-21-2012 4:14 PM

Yes he mentioned using pheromones daily, especially if I applied them to the skin, was like the women that do the hormone replacement therapy. But without knowing what the heck Im doing or even if I'm using the correct ones etc. It definitely messes with our hormones. Not to mention the chemicals themselves, the quality, where they come from, what they are mixed with etc. Scary stuff!

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi

"Personal style, wicked game, unique approach, and solid confidence."~Thundr
11-21-2012 4:14 PM
Akelah
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-21-2012 4:44 PM

Thank you Lexy. I'm very sorry about your hair, but I'm relieved your blood samples are ok. I wonder if the members who have been wearing mones for many years have had similar problems.

I'm thinking I probably should start wearing mones on special days only, like when I go out at night or when I really want to make an impression. My degree is on Health and Exercise, I can understand how much a big amount of mones everyday can affect hormonal related functions like hair health. I will apply on my legs and armpits from now on ... jk! To smile a bit Smile

Any doctor out there amongst phero-users who want to investigate further?

*** My journal at http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Akelah-s-jo...n=lastpost
11-21-2012 4:44 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Shelly B
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-21-2012 4:46 PM

Just wondering - it won't flush it all - but along with your breaks - Vitamin B's at higher doses and lots of extra fluids are supposed to help...

Lexy - are you doing that too while you try to get your hair to come back? Those are supposed to be depleted in big quantities by Pheromones and I double-checked my B-Vite bottle and it looks like Pantothenic Acid is a B-Vite and if I remember correctly - that is a required vitamin for hair/skin/nails...

Good reminder to everyone...Seeusmile - that had to be really surprising about the eyebrows...did they come back?

Lexy - great thread - keep posting so everyone knows how you are doing and anything you learn/know along the way?

My Best,
Shelly B
11-21-2012 4:46 PM
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-21-2012 4:50 PM

Cross post with Akelah - no Akelah - I've worn almost daily or every other day day since late 2008 (with the exception of the Oct to early Nov. of this year - when it was far more off than on) - small breaks here and there of 3-4 days at time - but by and large -daily/every other day.

Hair never fell out/never thinned out. Ever.

I do get tired if I don't give myself a day off and I do get tired if I am not religious about my extra B-vite...other than that - I don't notice a difference - unless I have a bad reaction to a single Mone...like too much A-Thdoc seems to be giving me serious SLEEP-NOW issues...

Edited to say - while I like Laid - I rarely wear it - just because I can't get over the menthol in the conditioner...and I blew threw the styling products pretty quickly...the hairspray was addictive but I couldn't afford to go through it that fast... so I can't comment on long term Laid use and hair

My Best,
Shelly B
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 4:53 PM by Shelly B.)
11-21-2012 4:50 PM
thundr
Vendor

11-21-2012 5:14 PM

It has been a few months that I have suspected mones could have an adverse effect on our hormonal balance via absorption, even in mcg quants.

Lexy Im sorry to hear what has happened and I hope that discontinuing use on the scalp returns every lovely strand of yours. Do you have any history in your family of thinning hair, male or female?

Perhaps if one is genetically predisposed to certain conditions such as gynecomastia, thinning hair, acne, weight gain/loss, etc etc.even mones absorbed in the nano range could start an avalanche of ill effects from those who may be susceptible to it. Maybe mones make us more susceptible regardless of genetics via constant exposure. Idk for sure either way.

I touched on this a bit in this thread discussing how we may be accidentally absorbing mones transdermally.
https://pherotruth.com/Thread-To-all-the...4#pid68364

On the opposite side of that spectrum we have also talked about TL and its predisposition toward weight gain in males. Also if I remember correctly a discussion was had about the possibility of A1 directly affecting male test levels possibly causing the dreaded A1 depression.
https://pherotruth.com/Thread-Smelling-a...sol?page=2
There is a shitload of science in that thread but alot of it made sense.

(11-21-2012 4:44 PM)Akelah Wrote:  Any doctor out there amongst phero-users who want to investigate further?

Im not a doctor but Im smarter than one. LOL. I'll look into it for us after the holidays and see if I can come up with something a bit more scientifically concrete rather than our current speculations and hypotheses.
11-21-2012 5:14 PM
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

11-21-2012 5:21 PM

I started using mones back in May of 2008. In 2009 I wore them every day and reapplied like mad. I was dripping in mones. In May of 2009 I started taking prenatal vitamins. My hair was looking thinner, but I had been dying it baby blonde for a few years and just thought it might be from the dye. 2010 I would wear mones, but I wore them much less... didn't reapply as much and started not caring about wearing them every day. Fast-forward to 2012... I started using LAID at almost the exact same time that I stopped dyeing my hair. I dyed it back to my natural color, started doing a bunch of conditioning treatments and I still take prenates. I don't use LAID every day.... once every week or two at most. (I have a ton of different hair products I love) And, I don't wear mones every day... just a few days a week and I'm wearing much less than I used to. I do take tons of vitamins and supplements and I eat a variety of fruits and veggies. The silica in cucumbers is really good for your hair, nails, skin, teeth, bones, well everything really. Silica is also abundant in cantaloupe and honeydew mellow. Papaya is just awesome for beauty. Leafy greens, avocados and walnuts are also beauty foods. Drinking tea is also good.

Present day... my hair is much thicker and healthier than it was in 2009. I'm sure with the good choices you make from here, Lexy, your hair will be much thicker and healthier. Thanks for raising awareness and putting this out there. You rock Heart

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 5:22 PM by AlternativeGirl.)
11-21-2012 5:21 PM
Grape Ape
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-21-2012 5:41 PM

Not all pheromones are precursors to testosterone, and even ones that do convert(DHEA@1%) the conversion from that to DHT would be minimal.

If the laid products contain Androsterone or Epiandrosterone(these are your precursors to DHT) then there could be a localized effect at the scalp, through conversion by enzymes on the scalp. The MCG does wouldn't be strong enough for systematic DHT issues.

As for daily use; it can't be beneficial but not to worry some either. Systematic build up may have some negatives, but again at such low doses this would have to be years of fighting against your body's ability to keep itself in homeostasis.

These issues shouldn't be any more concerning than the phytohormones that come from drinking plastic water bottles or eating certain food.
11-21-2012 5:41 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread