Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Panty dropper fragrances (the truth)
NR-2
Delta Observer

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Panty dropper fragrances (the truth)
02-19-2021 2:33 PM

If you look online, you will find so may opinions on fragrances it will make your head spin. Some say Sauvage (Dior) is the fragrance women find sexiest on men, but every guy wears it. Some say Eau Sauvage (Dior) is the sexiest, but its pretty old school. La Nuit de L'homme is also ranked number 1 quite often. Some say Aventus (Creed) is number 1, but there are so many batch variations, its expensive, and also has a rep as a boxer dropper. How to make sense of all this?

Like pheromones, congruence is an important part of fragrance. It needs to work with YOUR body chemistry and YOUR personality/image. There's no way to know how it works with your body chemistry until you actually wear it, but I can give some tips that could help choose something right for you.

#1 Cheapies vs Designer vs Niche
Don't get too caught up in categorizing these, I'll just explain some pros and cons of each. Cheapies (fragrances under $50) can be really good, however, they usually aren't as well-blended and high quality as others can be. Usually. Sometimes they are clones of other fragrances that typically run $100+, and those clones can be effective substitutes or even better than the original. Great way to learn about what you like, just watch out, you could run out of space!
(Recommendations: Azzaro, Lalique, Issey Miyake, Banana Republic, Mercedes-Benz, Bentley)

Designer fragrances are typically around $50-$150, generally have better performance than cheapies, and benefit from being widely available and thoroughly reviewed. A lot of designer fragrances are mass-appealing/safe, which can sometimes translate to boring. It can be hard to stand out with many of them, but that may not be your goal. There are some real gems here, once you learn what you like. One of the big knocks on designer fragrances is how often they are reformulated. This can be minor variations that still stay true to the original, or a complete castration of what made it great in the first place. Another knock is how often they are discontinued, which can lead to a reasonably priced fragrance to jump astronomically in price.
(Recommendations: Dior, Versace, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Armani

Niche fragrances typically run between $100-$1,000+, though most will top out around $350. For the most part, they use high quality, natural ingredients that are blended well. You can find some really unique ones that really stand out and they are less likely to have be reformulated or heavily altered. These are wow or gtfo...for the money you pay, if you don't love it, that's a shame. Definitely sample these before buying, no matter how much they are hyped. Unfortunately, some of these are unjustifiably expensive and the reviews are harder to trust.
(Recommendations: Creed, Montale, Xerjoff, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Tom Ford, Parfums de Marly)

#2 Unisex vs Men's vs Women's?
At the niche level, most fragrances are marketed as unisex. There are a few fragrances marketed towards women that men have had great success with (Shalimar/Jicky from Guerlain, and Black Orchid from Tom Ford spring to mind). I would say your safest bet are fragrances marketed towards men or that are masculine-leaning if unisex. Usually an abundance of floral and/or sweet notes will come across more feminine.

#3 Dress for the occasion
If we're talking panty droppers, we're most likely referring to date night scents. Date night scents shouldn't be beast mode (projection wise), as that would overwhelm your date and come across as a try hard. If you're going clubbing/prowling, you do want great projection and sillage (scent trail). Typically, these are fall/winter fragrances but there are some that can work in warmer weather. I think its a good idea to have 2 for fall/winter, 2 for spring/summer. Also, some are more formal, and others are more versatile, so make sure you have that option as well.

#4 Do Your Research
Fragrantica is your best bet. As a guideline, I look for a rating of 4.3 and above, on at least 300-400 votes. Sometimes you won't have that luxury but obviously a high number of votes gives the rating more weight. I'll read a few reviews just to get a sense of what to expect. I know what notes I like and don't like. If you're unsure, vanilla is a very appealing note for women. As long as its balanced out by either a spicy or boozy or woodsy note, it won't come off super feminine. Women tend to also like fresh notes, things that are aquatic or ozonic. Some YouTubers I like to check out are Gent Scents and Chaos Fragrances.

I almost always get my pheromones unscented, Wolf and AV are the only ones I take scented. Especially Wolf, it smells so damn good! Some pheromones go particularly well with certain scents (I like The Love God with Dior Homme Intense). Having a killer fragrance is a must, in my opinion. I do want to remind folks...your fragrance, clothes, etc. should be a part of or an extension of you, not the other way around. Women don't fuck clothes, or fragrances or pheromones, they fuck the man in them. This is why panty dropper fragrances aren't a real thing. Any fragrance that smells good is a step in the right direction, some are just more popular than others.

I hope this provided some useful information. Good luck gentlemen!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021 2:37 PM by NR-2.)
02-19-2021 2:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

RE: Panty dropper fragrances (the truth)
02-19-2021 6:29 PM

Good post and good points! I’ll have to check out fragrantia for those reviews. I try to get everything unscented now so my dosages aren’t impeded by the cover scent, that’s always applied after the fact.

I would love to hear what you think of the scent of erox. I think it smells classy and clean, and I’ve had comments from friends that it smells “expensive”. I would love to hear your opinion on that scent.
02-19-2021 6:29 PM
NR-2
Delta Observer

Rep Post

02-20-2021 8:52 AM

(02-19-2021 6:29 PM)eyeofra Wrote:  Good post and good points! I’ll have to check out fragrantia for those reviews. I try to get everything unscented now so my dosages aren’t impeded by the cover scent, that’s always applied after the fact.

I would love to hear what you think of the scent of erox. I think it smells classy and clean, and I’ve had comments from friends that it smells “expensive”. I would love to hear your opinion on that scent.

Erox by Realm?? The memories!! This was the first pheromone I ever tried. Must've been like 2009/10. I remember liking it.

Raw Chemistry has a cheap one, like $30, that I've definitely gotten positive reactions from. I didn't expect much but it turned out to be worth it. I still have like half the bottle.

That's a good point about dosages. I do the same, adding pheromones on top after giving the fragrance about 10-15 min to dry.
02-20-2021 8:52 AM
dogtown
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

02-21-2021 12:04 PM

after getting into the fragcom youtube carousel this is what I learned..

1. there is a ton of hype. DO NOT BELIEVE YOUTUBE REVIEWS, FRAGRANTICA RATINGS (above 4.3 etc etc)... NEVER BLIND BUY EVER. always test the fragrance out.
2. what you like is OFTEN NOT what women like... there are countless vids on youtube showing women's reactions to popular fragrances out in public and they are often hilarious and very revealing.
3. A fragrance may smell great.. but do you want to really smell like chocolate or coffee.. or "boozy" probably not. A fragrance has to be congruent with who you are and what you are trying to project.
4. After testing out a ton of fragrances... dior sauvage, YSL, Eros, Le Male, Armani etc etc... imo Creed works best for me... the clones are crap.. don't believe the hype on YT.. I have the real stuff and it smells way better.. and yes I have bought samples of the clones.
5. the ultimate panty dropper for women imo is Aventus cologne... not the traditional Aventus. it leans a little more on the designer side if you're familiar with creed.. and uses mandarin and ginger instead of pineapple and has a more rounded smell than straight Aventus. Aventus and Aventus Cologne smell like money.. like success.. and that's what women pick up on. Yes Aventus is more of a boxer dropper I agree.. but make no mistake it's a damn good fragrance and women do love it... the Aventus Cologne is however the panty dropper... gets a lot of hate in fragcom only has a rating of 3.7 Fragrantica (the ratings are garbage imo) but WOMEN LOVE THIS STUFF... as in a solid 9-10 fragrance for women. Women also like Millesime Imperial however that one suffers from longevity and projection issues... but women also love this one.

final note about Creed... the fragrances are going downhill. make no mistake. they sold out to a private equity firm and the quality is definitely going down. newer batches are starting to give me a headache... never happened before and think it is due to the heavier use of ambroxan. seeing less oil being used in the spray. so overall imo while creed is the best for me... it is NOT what it used to be and if you can score older batches do so... but be careful of counterfeits. Facebook groups are a good place to buy creed fragrances at discounted prices from reputable legit sellers.
02-21-2021 12:04 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

NR-2
Delta Observer

Rep Post

02-21-2021 12:22 PM

#1 Relax, take a deep breath. Hype is a real thing, but to NEVER check out reviews is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Blind buying is a thing, and works out better for people who know what they like. I sample and blind-buy because of a thing called nuance. I exercise my judgment.

#2 You've missed the whole point of this post, which is that there are no panty dropper fragrances. Then you talked about one in particular that works for you. Everything I wrote was about helping people find what works for them. Who wants to smell like chocolate, coffee, or boozy? A LOT of people, they're called gourmand fragrances. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people don't.

#3 You can't discredit hype while hyping Aventus. Notice how I hyped none of the fragrances I own, opting to offer guidelines that can help people find what works for them.

Awful first post. Do better. Read people's posts and comprehend instead of shouting your opinion in all caps like the ten commandments. Humble yourself.
02-21-2021 12:22 PM
dogtown
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

02-21-2021 12:31 PM

I've learned not to trust any fragrantica reviews.. don't care if they are 4.3 with 5000 reviews. always test in the store. Neiman Marcus is a good place to test for the more expensive frags. I often get headaches from expensive fragrances. case in point was the acqua de parma fig fragrance.. has a 4.3 rating on fragrantica .. imo smells off and synthetic and gave me a splitting headache.

disagree there are panty dropper fragrances.. aventus cologne is one. and yes I like gourmand fragrances but imo I don't want to smell like chocolate or booze. Sorry.

oh and get over yourself.
02-21-2021 12:31 PM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

02-21-2021 12:57 PM

bighug you guys. Big hug!

Scent is a personal preference. Smelling good is always a plus in the attraction column.
02-21-2021 12:57 PM
NR-2
Delta Observer

Rep Post

02-21-2021 1:08 PM

No hugs. I love pointing out flawed logic and helping the community. If I can do both, it's a good day Smoke
02-21-2021 1:08 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

dogtown
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

02-21-2021 6:53 PM

that's what she said. lols.
02-21-2021 6:53 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Panty Scorcher" theLaw 181 82,758 11-30-2017 9:22 PM
Last Post: Snoopyace
  What's your panty dropper mix Don Juan DeMarco 71 35,107 02-28-2017 9:23 AM
Last Post: MMM
  Uh.........so Shannon is back......Panty Scorcher anyone? theLaw 72 23,010 11-27-2016 1:17 PM
Last Post: Syvient
  best panty dropper phero? kudava1 5 4,575 10-22-2015 10:49 PM
Last Post: amp11220
  Euro dropper vs bulb dropper? ShadowX114 5 3,952 02-08-2015 11:06 PM
Last Post: XyzN