Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Men Who Eat More Fruits And Veggies Smell More Attractive To Women
lone ranger
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Men Who Eat More Fruits And Veggies Smell More Attractive To Women
08-17-2017 7:38 AM

Attention, males of the world: if you’re looking to attract a female partner, try changing your diet first.

A study from Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia says women are most attracted to the sweaty scent of men who eat fruits and veggies. The study also claims that fat, meat, egg and tofu intake were tied to pleasant-smelling sweat and a carb-rich diet was linked to a more intense, less-pleasant sweat smell.

“We’ve known for a while that odor is an important component of attractiveness, especially for women,” Ian Stephen, who helped conduct the small study, said in a recent interview with NPR. “Women basically found that men who ate more vegetables smelled nicer.”

Stephen said that during the study, the scientists asked male participants to record their diet, and then participate in two methods used to determine which males had the best-smelling sweat.

In the first test, scientists used a tool called a spectrophotometer, which can measure a person’s diet by flashing a light on it, to look for carotenoid-rich skin. Participants with high levels of carotenoid-rich skin were eating a lot of fruits and veggies. And according to the study, scientists determined that “yellower more carotenoid-rich skin is found to be more attractive.”

For a second level of testing, participants were given new T-shirts and asked to work out. After they completed their workout, a few not-so-lucky women smelled the men’s shirts to determine who smelled the best. Male participants who ate a diet of fruits and veggies were the clear winners.

Sounds like we’ll all take an extra helping of fruits and veggies tonight. Head here to learn more about the study.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost .
08-17-2017 7:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

RE: Men Who Eat More Fruits And Veggies Smell More Attractive To Women
08-17-2017 8:07 AM

This is true. I agree. Celery is another good veggie to add to ur diet. Increases E-None I think. Smile

+1 Smile
08-17-2017 8:07 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

08-17-2017 9:20 AM

Quote:A study from Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia says women are most attracted to the sweaty scent of men who eat fruits and veggies. The study also claims that fat, meat, egg and tofu intake were tied to pleasant-smelling sweat and a carb-rich diet was linked to a more intense, less-pleasant sweat smell.

I appreciate the study finding which implies that eating more fruits/vegetables makes the person's sweat more attractive versus eating only animal protein .
However, the above quote seems to contradict this ! 'carb rich diet ...linked...less pleasant smell' ....Fruits/vegetables are rich in carbohydrates (sugars).
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 9:21 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
08-17-2017 9:20 AM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-17-2017 11:33 AM

(08-17-2017 9:20 AM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  I appreciate the study finding which implies that eating more fruits/vegetables makes the person's sweat more attractive versus eating only animal protein .
However, the above quote seems to contradict this ! 'carb rich diet ...linked...less pleasant smell' ....Fruits/vegetables are rich in carbohydrates (sugars).

I haven't researched the BO aspect of this, but I suspect a false dichotomy, here. One can eat a lot of vegetables, and a modicum of fruits, while maintaining relatively low carb intake. One can maintain ketosis (using fat for fuel in the absence of sufficient carbs) while eating broccoli ad libitum.

It would follow, then, that one can improve one's body odor with high intake of fibrous vegetables while maintaining a low-carb diet. Unfortunately, ketogenic diets don't seem to benefit from this, as the byproducts of burning ketones are stinky.
08-17-2017 11:33 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

TheBoogieMan
unda yo bed

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

08-17-2017 4:43 PM

The results regarding meat, eggs, and fat are not surprising at all, since a high fat/low carb diet facilitates testosterone production in males, and meat and eggs are packed with zinc and other useful minerals.

But I do think the tofu findings are interesting, since soy is a phytoestrogen (mimics estrogen in the body). Meat, eggs, and fat would have pretty much the opposite affect on hormonal levels compared to tofu, so it's a little confusing that they'd have the same effect on pheromone signatures.

I'd also be surprised if the results wouldn't change based on ethnicity. As I pointed out in another thread, the East Asian diet, for instance, tends to be high carb, low fat, and that pheromone signature is clearly more attractive to East Asian women, in general. And of course, you have similar dietary differences between other ethnic groups.

Anyways, I'm gonna go drink a fruit smoothie now Bb
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 4:46 PM by TheBoogieMan.)
08-17-2017 4:43 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

08-17-2017 5:19 PM

I personally like to add everything inside a day. Including the worst products too like red bull.

Meat eggs good fats like olive oils. Bad fats like nacho chips, hungry Jacks meals veggies fruits. Cheese. Everything. Cos the body will start to process all the good stuff and the bad stuff as well.

Also noticed that intermittent fasting benefits me in many forms.

Also, copulins make me sweat smell REAL bad. (For me personally) But sometimes for SOME ladies that smell is good. Some OTHER ladies're put off. So the smell of sweat is subjective to different ladies.
08-17-2017 5:19 PM
kocik2000
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-17-2017 8:29 PM

Not sure how much this is related but:

One of my girlfriends hated to give oral because of the hmm final result taste. I also was drinking and smoking heavily at a time. I read an article stating a diet high in fruits practically changes the taste to a yogurt haha.

Long story short I spent a day living off fruits and during the actual testing gf has confirmed the taste to be pleasant vs almost repulsive like usual
My 0.02
08-17-2017 8:29 PM
MMM

Rep Post

08-17-2017 8:58 PM

(08-17-2017 8:29 PM)kocik2000 Wrote:  Not sure how much this is related but:

One of my girlfriends hated to give oral because of the hmm final result taste. I also was drinking and smoking heavily at a time. I read an article stating a diet high in fruits practically changes the taste to a yogurt haha.

Long story short I spent a day living off fruits and during the actual testing gf has confirmed the taste to be pleasant vs almost repulsive like usual
My 0.02

NO hot sauce, bbq sauce or spicy foods to be consumed before your confrontation with a SWALLOWER.

Celery, pineapple/juice, and bananas are top of the line for that MAN JUICE sweetener. Mostly anything sweet will PROBABLY work.

I am MORE than a sausage with feet, but you, Miss, since you're sexy, you can treat me as such if you want! ALL NIGHT LONG!! Preved
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 8:58 PM by MMM.)
08-17-2017 8:58 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

08-17-2017 9:01 PM

(08-17-2017 8:58 PM)MMM Wrote:  NO hot sauce, bbq sauce or spicy foods to be consumed before your confrontation with a SWALLOWER.

Celery, pineapple/juice, and bananas are top of the line for that MAN JUICE sweetener. Mostly anything sweet will PROBABLY work.

Add strawberry to the combo. Lol. U'll smell AND taste like Berry. Lol.
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

(08-17-2017 8:58 PM)MMM Wrote:  NO hot sauce, bbq sauce or spicy foods to be consumed before your confrontation with a SWALLOWER.

My bride commands me to take cinnamon capsules because I was taking them for a different reason but she discovered that along with bananas, the cinnamon capsules apparently seriously sweeten my juice.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do women who detect strong piss smell from mones still respond to the mones? monequest74 6 1,085 11-29-2019 5:02 AM
Last Post: stefdude
  women, dopamine and the Smell of Newborn Babies Rcount 10 1,511 06-03-2019 2:08 PM
Last Post: VishRemma
  Men Who eat Low carb smell more attractive. SuperJoy 15 5,686 10-05-2016 6:03 PM
Last Post: Fishdude
  One study on what women find attractive paradigmshift 5 4,106 06-07-2013 8:04 PM
Last Post: doctordonald
  Why is Instant Gentleman so attractive? okyoureabeast 6 4,924 05-02-2013 10:13 PM
Last Post: seeusmile