Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Latest Forum Information
stefdude

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Latest Forum Information
03-20-2018 7:59 AM

(03-19-2018 8:54 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I could have my programmer do a lot of things, but I do have to pay the guy, and since LAL lost their merchant account the affiliate commissions the forum generates haven't even been covering the cost of keeping the forum running and its been costing me between $75 - $200 a month out of my pocket just to keep it the forum up.

If anyone here has programming skills and wants to put in the time and effort to go through the old plugin and make it work with the newer software though, I'm happy to let them do it.

Shit, this forum needs to survive.We, the members, can help with donations for a few months until the situation gets even.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
03-20-2018 7:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

03-20-2018 8:32 AM

(03-20-2018 7:59 AM)stefdude Wrote:  Shit, this forum needs to survive.We, the members, can help with donations for a few months until the situation gets even.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'll not ask members to contribute, and don't mind coming out of pocket a little each month to keep the forum up and running. I just don't want to have to spend an extra several hundred dollars to pay for something that isn't an absolute necessity.

On a plus note, the email issue is now fixed, and I was able to fix it all by myself. Smile

The new firewall for some stupid reason was set to block incoming and outgoing traffic to Port 465, which is the Port used for sending encrypted email.

I guess I can have my programmer take a look at the Thanks plugin to see if he can quickly figure out how to make it work with the new software, but I'm not making any promises.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
03-20-2018 8:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

03-20-2018 8:34 AM

(03-20-2018 8:32 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I appreciate the sentiment, but I'll not ask members to contribute, and don't mind coming out of pocket a little each month to keep the forum up and running. I just don't want to have to spend an extra several hundred dollars to pay for something that isn't an absolute necessity.

On a plus note, the email issue is now fixed, and I was able to fix it all by myself. Smile

The new firewall for some stupid reason was set to block incoming and outgoing traffic to Port 465, which is the Port used for sending encrypted email.

I guess I can have my programmer take a look at the Thanks plugin to see if he can quickly figure out how to make it work with the new software, but I'm not making any promises.

*Thanks* Smile
03-20-2018 8:34 AM
DssMaster
Serious Poster

Rep Post

03-21-2018 11:35 PM

Appreciate it if you could have him look into it, or come up with an updated plugin for it. I also forgot to say, that it also serves (for me at least) as sort of a bookmark to know which threads I've read already. FoolSearchAcute
03-21-2018 11:35 PM

Share This Thread