Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas to reduce Androstadienone linked depression
sityslicker1
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Ideas to reduce Androstadienone linked depression
08-02-2013 5:30 PM

I've always heard 5-htp was good for sleep and appetite suppression but I'm now curious about it affects on positive mood.

Wiserd, did you ingest it and if so how much did you take? Did you notice any mood enhancement with it or get sleepy? This is one supplement I haven't tried yet, but curious to. Right now I'm on a very restrictive diet coupled with intense training just about everyday and with that I get a lot of lows that I've learned just to deal with. Some days are however harder then others. Thinking about giving this a go if it won't me tired and unproductive.
08-02-2013 5:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
killler
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

08-02-2013 10:47 PM

(08-02-2013 1:12 PM)wiserd Wrote:  What's the time lag? Melatonin is pro-sexual and serotonin converts to melatonin in darkness...

Serotonin also seems to decrease cortisol production, which might mean your body has more steroids available for other things.

I'd be interested how long it takes for the pro-sexual effect to kick in...

Thanks!
I started taking 5-HTP a few months ago.

I only take small doses,around 12.5 mg.

I take it in the morning.

I found that it works very well,and the first few days when using the dose of around 12.5 mg my libido was notably strongly up.

After about 5,6 days,my body started adjusting to it.

Every now and then,I bump the dosage to 25 mg for 1 or 2 days the most.

Every time I do this,my libido goes berserk.

As I`ve said,I take it in the morning.

The horny effect was present well into the night.

As I understand,5-HTP converts to melatonin and serotonin.
There are some indications that it might convert more to serotonin if taken in the morning,and more to melatonin if taken at night.

Regardless,the 2 times I took melatonin in my life,it provoked insane sex drive in me.
It did not make me go to sleep,instead I had to get up at go rub one out.

About the cortisol,mine is fine.

But my testosterone is low at a steady level,and no herb or supplement has ever been able to alter it yet.
Sucks.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 10:48 PM by killler.)
08-02-2013 10:47 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

08-03-2013 6:26 PM

(08-02-2013 5:30 PM)sityslicker1 Wrote:  I've always heard 5-htp was good for sleep and appetite suppression but I'm now curious about it affects on positive mood.

Wiserd, did you ingest it and if so how much did you take? Did you notice any mood enhancement with it or get sleepy? This is one supplement I haven't tried yet, but curious to. Right now I'm on a very restrictive diet coupled with intense training just about everyday and with that I get a lot of lows that I've learned just to deal with. Some days are however harder then others. Thinking about giving this a go if it won't me tired and unproductive.

I use it as a mone in the .1 to 1mcg range, with 1mcg being a pretty high dose (for me.) You can use more (as much as 1 mg or more) without immediate repurcussions, but the next day after-effects are bad, especially with long exposure.

There was some debate about whether it was good to have the stuff in your bloodstream or stomach as a supplement (stimulates the release of stomach acid if taken orally.) Use as a mone obviates those problems.

I'm still playing with the stuff. Strong visual brightening and maybe olfactory. I think some mood enhancement or buffering, but with a comedown afterwards if I use a really high dose. It may alter's people's perception of the wearer, as well. But I'm still trying to pin that down. I'm considering the possibility it makes the wearer seem happier...

Very slow diffusion, so don't get it somewhere that you can't get rid of it afterwards (like, don't spray it in the car and let some get on the seats.)

I'm not sure I'd use this stuff if you wanted to do work of a highly technical nature, but if you were a salesperson, say, it probably wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure this is a workout boosting mone, though. It's more "calm verbal leadership" and a visual brightener contrasted with Testosterone's "alpha male physical dominance." But who knows? It may very well smooth things over for you.

A little bit of b-vitamins are good for stress. Can you take that? Can you drink green vegetable juice? Ever try coconut water?

Just curious...

[Image: Example.jpg]
08-03-2013 6:26 PM
pack-mule
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

08-07-2013 1:10 AM

Are these edible pheromones more powerful than regular pheromones? Are they more expensive?
08-07-2013 1:10 AM
wiserd

Rep Post

08-07-2013 4:12 AM

(08-07-2013 1:10 AM)pack-mule Wrote:  Are these edible pheromones more powerful than regular pheromones? Are they more expensive?

1. They are much cheaper.
2. How powerful they are varies widely.

08-07-2013 4:12 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

pack-mule
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

08-10-2013 11:30 AM

It also looks like copulins or smelling a woman's crotch increases testosterone in men. This one should have been obvious to me. So we should be able to keep the bad effects away by adding copulins in the same mix but there are plenty of reports of mixes with both and still men get depression. Maybe you need a whole lot of copulins compared to the androstadienone?
08-10-2013 11:30 AM
wiserd

Rep Post

08-10-2013 1:07 PM

(08-10-2013 11:30 AM)pack-mule Wrote:  It also looks like copulins or smelling a woman's crotch increases testosterone in men. This one should have been obvious to me. So we should be able to keep the bad effects away by adding copulins in the same mix but there are plenty of reports of mixes with both and still men get depression. Maybe you need a whole lot of copulins compared to the androstadienone?

I think part of the issue with androstadienone (could be wrong) is that a guy's steroids get routed off into cortisol. Part of the question is whether it's the steroid depletion or the excess cortisol that causes the depression. But it's been noted that guys with high T tend to be more susceptible to androstadienone for whatever reason. Maybe depression is more obvious for them. Or maybe the sudden drop in T just hits them harder.

Something like copulins might help counter the repulsive effects of high androstadienone on males (EST is also good for that) but there may be more going on chemically.

Now there are mones and other chemicals that will interfere with the production of cortisol, or help replace the base components for T in the body. 7-Keto DHEA will prevent the conversion of cortisone to the active cortisol, for instance. I think it dulls the effect of androstadienone as a pheromone. But it should be possible to wear a very small amount of that under one's nose.

On a side note, I'm giving up on pheromonal 5HTP, at least at anything close to the 1mcg level... the day after effects kick my ass, and the upside doesn't justify that cost.

08-10-2013 1:07 PM
phertest
AKA PheroJoe

Rep Post

09-07-2013 6:04 AM

I used 30mcgs of A1 yesterday and it hit me way, way harder than it normally does... I haven't used it (unless its in the form of TL -- which isnt THAT bad, but still not good) for a while. I've been using this testosterone booster called res100 and it definitely hit me much harder than it usually does.

I became introverted, and anxious, and lost all logical train of thought. Luckily I didn't completely screw it up with my target (I think)... but I know she got a good whiff when I hugged her goodbye. I hope it was worth it because she was right in the application spot.

Anyway, I have yet to find a good solution myself... neno screws with other molecules too much, instant shine is okay but adds to the anxiousness, no matter what you add it seems to overpower and let lathargy/depression/introversion/beta behaviour take over.

I guess this is why they call it a double edged sword... I messaged my target today because I wanted to call her but she hasnt got back to me which is very unusual. She would get back to me within minutes/hours the last few weeks. Mayhaps shes thinking about something?
09-07-2013 6:04 AM
COUNSEL
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

09-07-2013 10:38 AM

(08-02-2013 5:30 PM)sityslicker1 Wrote:  I've always heard 5-htp was good for sleep and appetite suppression but I'm now curious about it affects on positive mood.

200-300mg on an empty stomach is useful for promoting a deep sleep. The same dose also works well for delaying ejaculation if taken 30 minutes before sex.
09-07-2013 10:38 AM
COUNSEL
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

09-07-2013 10:42 AM

(09-07-2013 6:04 AM)phertest Wrote:  I used 30mcgs of Androstadienone yesterday and it hit me way, way harder than it normally does... I haven't used it (unless its in the form of TL -- which isnt THAT bad, but still not good) for a while. I've been using this testosterone booster called res100 and it definitely hit me much harder than it usually does.

I became introverted, and anxious, and lost all logical train of thought. Luckily I didn't completely screw it up with my target (I think)... but I know she got a good whiff when I hugged her goodbye. I hope it was worth it because she was right in the application spot.

Anyway, I have yet to find a good solution myself... neno screws with other molecules too much, instant shine is okay but adds to the anxiousness, no matter what you add it seems to overpower and let lathargy/depression/introversion/beta behaviour take over.

I guess this is why they call it a double edged sword... I messaged my target today because I wanted to call her but she hasnt got back to me which is very unusual. She would get back to me within minutes/hours the last few weeks. Mayhaps shes thinking about something?

I have had similar experiences. Total freak out at a birthday party, depresseded, zero confidence, and paranoia. I'd go as far to say it ruined a decent relationship for me.
09-07-2013 10:42 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Solution Androstadienone Depression? ChocolateThunder 20 6,603 01-09-2019 12:39 PM
Last Post: Svengali
  Exposure to Carrageenan (food additive) may reduce DHEAS in the body wiserd 12 7,015 07-24-2012 4:21 PM
Last Post: wiserd