Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas to reduce Androstadienone linked depression
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Ideas to reduce Androstadienone linked depression
11-22-2012 2:52 PM

To further back up the notion that low serotonin and related depression may be a bug, not a feature;

high serotonin lowers sex drive
https://sexandlifecoaching.com/site/2010...sex-drive/

p-Chlorophenylalanine inhibits serotonin production in the brain via inhibition of tryptophan hydroxylase leading to a marked increases in sexual activity in male rats likely by increasing testosterone. This indicates that a serotonin deficiency (high libido, high testosterone) or a serotonin excess (low libido, low testosterone) could play a role in the sexual function in male humans.

https://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/0...sex-drive/

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 3:44 AM by wiserd.)
11-22-2012 2:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
idontknow

Rep Post

RE: Ideas to reduce Androstadienone linked depression
11-27-2012 4:37 AM

I personally find that taking 5-HTP increases my sex drive a lot. Especially during the first few tries it's effect on me was quite strong.

What i've heard is that high serotonin may delay ejaculation and low serotonin may lead to premature ejaculation. Maybe some there's some truth in that, as well.

Journal --- My Phero Sale --- Mix Recommendations
11-27-2012 4:37 AM
wiserd

Rep Post

11-27-2012 10:14 AM

(11-27-2012 4:37 AM)idontknow Wrote:  I personally find that taking 5-HTP increases my sex drive a lot. Especially during the first few tries it's effect on me was quite strong.

What i've heard is that high serotonin may delay ejaculation and low serotonin may lead to premature ejaculation. Maybe some there's some truth in that, as well.

Very interesting. Thanks! I've been testing more with 5-HTP. It has a nice visual brightening effect at very high doses. I'd REALLY like to get some other folks playing with this as a pheromone. And it should be work safe, which would afford more opportunities.

11-27-2012 10:14 AM
John Schlongfellow - Banned
Rainbow Sprinkles Adhesive Dept.

Sex: Often Please

11-27-2012 10:21 AM

I've taken 5-htp but never more than one dose, sorry I forget the dose, but whatever they sell at Walmart.

I'm also super interested in depression/T relations.

I get long term low grade depression, but my sex drive is shit when it happens.
Then I'll have a period of hypomania and my drive is outa sight.

I'm not real educated in this area so I can't contribute gold nuggets, but I'd be glad to play guinea pig.
What sort of doses are we talking here?

I've had a couple unexplained down days recently and would like to avoid them. I'm talkin Steven Wright monotone as my maximum energy level, but without the funny. Coupled with with a 450lb fat suit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsFq10YYd04&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FsFq10YYd04&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1</a>

My advice is only based on mistakes I've made.
I am the Edison of socialization.

Exoticaxs, Connectionsxs, Cohesion oil, Ascend oil, Desire Me oil, Domination oil, Evolve oil, Glace, Corpo, Alpha Donna, LIIK, TA oil, TL oil, TL4W spray, 7keto DHEA, DHEA, Neno, PEA, Trione, Anone, Enone, Erone, Arone, A THDOC,

Neno Neno Wherefore art thou oh Neno ???? right next to the coffee !!
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-stream-o...9#pid74219
rant ---> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-stream-o...9#pid73109
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 10:31 AM by John Schlongfellow.)
11-27-2012 10:21 AM
wiserd

Rep Post

11-27-2012 10:41 AM

(11-27-2012 10:21 AM)John Schlongfellow Wrote:  I've taken 5-htp but never more than one dose, sorry I forget the dose, but whatever they sell at Walmart.

I'm also super interested in depression/T relations.

I get long term low grade depression, but my sex drive is shit when it happens.
Then I'll have a period of hypomania and my drive is outa sight.

I'm not real educated in this area so I can't contribute gold nuggets, but I'd be glad to play guinea pig.
What sort of doses are we talking here?

I've had a couple unexplained down days recently and would like to avoid them. I'm talkin Steven Wright monotone as my maximum energy level, but without the funny. Coupled with with a 450lb fat suit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsFq10YYd04&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FsFq10YYd04&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1</a>

I've tried several sprays of a solution of ~ 20-30mg/ml on a hot water bottle to increase diffusion and control for the possibility of skin absorption. I think that's overkill, but outside from a hint of pressure behind one of my eyes at the beginning and a depression comedown afterwards I was fine. If this stuff has an effect at the microgram level, I haven't explored it.

I'd love to hear your results, John. Have you been diagnosed bipolar, then?

11-27-2012 10:41 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

John Schlongfellow - Banned
Rainbow Sprinkles Adhesive Dept.

Sex: Often Please

11-27-2012 8:02 PM

(11-27-2012 10:41 AM)wiserd Wrote:  I'd love to hear your results, John. Have you been diagnosed bipolar, then?

Si Senor.

My advice is only based on mistakes I've made.
I am the Edison of socialization.

Exoticaxs, Connectionsxs, Cohesion oil, Ascend oil, Desire Me oil, Domination oil, Evolve oil, Glace, Corpo, Alpha Donna, LIIK, TA oil, TL oil, TL4W spray, 7keto DHEA, DHEA, Neno, PEA, Trione, Anone, Enone, Erone, Arone, A THDOC,

Neno Neno Wherefore art thou oh Neno ???? right next to the coffee !!
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-stream-o...9#pid74219
rant ---> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-stream-o...9#pid73109
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 8:03 PM by John Schlongfellow.)
11-27-2012 8:02 PM
wiserd

Rep Post

11-28-2012 1:48 AM

Okay, I'm still digging into the relationship between serotonin and sex drive. Serotonin can inhibit or cause vasodialation in various tissue. So whether the serotonin is in brain tissue or genital tissue (or which genital tissue) matters. There's not a single number for a person's whole body.

Trait aggression was significantly higher in the combinations "high T+high cortisol responses" (indicating decreased 5-HT availability), and "low T+low cortisol responses" (indicating increased 5-HT availability)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19747510

If high serotonin is a buffer for aggression, I really wonder how 5HTP will pair with, say, androstenone?

Here's a good write up on serotonin though it's 12 years old and verbose. I'll post more as I learn it.

https://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage...otonin.pdf

As far as treating depression goes, MAOIs are interesting. Especially if your issue is low dopamine, epinephrine or norepinephrine. I use barley grass juice myself since it's short lived and readily available. I really need to combine it with a low dose of one of the irreversible pharmaceutical MOAIs

11-28-2012 1:48 AM
wiserd

Rep Post

11-29-2012 1:38 AM

Continued to play with 5HTP...

In the same way that androstenone makes people assume you want to fight or have sex with them, this stuff makes people assume that you want to have a conversation. They will often fluidly initiate, and there's a mild social dis-inhibitory effect that promotes a more fluid reply. Unquestionably a great addition to social mixes.

It also helps my posture, easing some of the tension in my neck. Given the quickness that some people respond, I'm led to believe that some are reacting to improved body language rather than just mones.

I did have three negative incidents, however, probably related to bad smells.

Two people (one of whom is a girl that I know can smell mones) reacted as if I smelled bad. The guy who had been standing in a particular location even went about 20 feet away from me. I don't know if my drydown was insufficient and I smelled like vodka or if it was the 5htp. I can't smell this stuff, but I have a very weak sense of smell.

The third time I was wearing other mones (including androstadienone) and a perhaps-overly-strong cover. A caucasian male friend subtly acted like I stank and eventually left the room. Two female friends didn't seem bothered.

11-29-2012 1:38 AM
killler
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

08-02-2013 12:42 PM

(11-27-2012 4:37 AM)idontknow Wrote:  I personally find that taking 5-HTP increases my sex drive a lot. Especially during the first few tries it's effect on me was quite strong.
This is exactly my experience too.

I don`t know exactly if you guys ere spraying it on yourself or ingesting it,but I am talking about ingesting it.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 12:44 PM by killler.)
08-02-2013 12:42 PM
wiserd

Rep Post

08-02-2013 1:12 PM

(08-02-2013 12:42 PM)killler Wrote:  This is exactly my experience too.

I don`t know exactly if you guys ere spraying it on yourself or ingesting it,but I am talking about ingesting it.

What's the time lag? Melatonin is pro-sexual and serotonin converts to melatonin in darkness...

Serotonin also seems to decrease cortisol production, which might mean your body has more steroids available for other things.

I'd be interested how long it takes for the pro-sexual effect to kick in...

Thanks!

08-02-2013 1:12 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Solution Androstadienone Depression? ChocolateThunder 20 6,559 01-09-2019 12:39 PM
Last Post: Svengali
  Exposure to Carrageenan (food additive) may reduce DHEAS in the body wiserd 12 7,001 07-24-2012 4:21 PM
Last Post: wiserd