Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Human Pheromones and Axillary Chemistry
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Human Pheromones and Axillary Chemistry
12-01-2011 7:36 PM

Is Love in the Air? Human Pheromones and Axillary Chemistry ...
Human Pheromones and Axillary Chemistry" A short presentation followed by Q&A with speaker Dr. George Preti, of the Monell Chemical Senses Center in ...
acswebinars.org/preti

What You Will Learn

The biogenesis and chemical nature of axillary odors
Scientific facts about pheromones and human chemical communication
That the human axillae contains compounds with potential potent pharmacological actions
And much more...

He was a brilliant science nerd. She was the model of beauty and perfection. Now more than ever, he was acutely aware that he needed chemistry... Sound like a familiar Valentine's Day scene? What attracts us to each other and what is the role of smell in human communication? Join Dr. George Preti, of the Monell Chemical Senses Center, for a fresh perspective behind the chemical nature and role of human odors!

James V. Kohl
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (ASCLS)
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP)
Medical Technologist (AMT)
Author/Creator: The Scent of Eros
12-01-2011 7:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

RE: Human Pheromones and Axillary Chemistry
12-01-2011 7:53 PM

And it's free! Awesome!

Thanks, James!
12-01-2011 7:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jvkohl
Expert

12-01-2011 8:08 PM

You're welcome. I was surprised to learn it was free, also. Most times when I click to register, such programs cost more than $100. I hope many people here will take advantage of the learning opportunity. George Preti and I do not always agree, but he has much greater expertise than I will ever have in many areas that are important to understanding the concept of human pheromones.

James V. Kohl
12-01-2011 8:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jvkohl
Expert

02-11-2012 9:30 AM

(12-01-2011 8:08 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  You're welcome. I was surprised to learn it was free, also. Most times when I click to register, such programs cost more than $100. I hope many people here will take advantage of the learning opportunity. George Preti and I do not always agree, but he has much greater expertise than I will ever have in many areas that are important to understanding the concept of human pheromones.

Did anyone else watch this?

James V. Kohl
02-11-2012 9:30 AM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

02-11-2012 4:28 PM

I had to miss this for work. How was it?
02-11-2012 4:28 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

02-11-2012 5:51 PM

Hey, good stuff! Looks like James posted his notes on the presentation at https://pheromones.com/is-love-in-the-ai...orge-preti

At the top of that page there's a link to the presentation, which is still available for viewing as of this moment. Thanks James!
02-11-2012 5:51 PM
jvkohl
Expert

02-11-2012 8:35 PM

(02-11-2012 5:51 PM)dbot Wrote:  Hey, good stuff! Looks like James posted his notes on the presentation at https://pheromones.com/is-love-in-the-ai...orge-preti

At the top of that page there's a link to the presentation, which is still available for viewing as of this moment. Thanks James!

Georges presentation prompted me to also post my 2010 conference presentation: Human Pheromones: Linking Neuroendocrinology and Ethology (revisited) to my site, and I just uploaded it to the New York Academy of Sciences Faculty of 1000 site, where it should appear in a few days. I will also let forum members know when I have posted a link to another ACS webinar that is a good comparison of food odor chemistry (cheese) to George's social odor chemistry.

James V. Kohl
02-11-2012 8:35 PM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

02-11-2012 8:39 PM

(02-11-2012 9:30 AM)jvkohl Wrote:  Did anyone else watch this?

Yeah, I just thought it was a little generic/scientific. Would have liked a bit more every day life specifics.
Although its like preaching to the converted here.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...#pid231407
02-11-2012 8:39 PM
jvkohl
Expert

02-11-2012 8:51 PM

(02-11-2012 8:39 PM)Pheroman Wrote:  Yeah, I just thought it was a little generic/scientific. Would have liked a bit more every day life specifics.
Although its like preaching to the converted here.

The advantage I perceive is that this addresses a different audience: members of the American Chemical Society, who may be skeptics with regard to the role of human pheromones. But here, a well-respected biochemist indicates that human pheromones are not the mythical things that sensory psychologist Richard Doty said they were in his book The Great Pheromone Myth. Finally, we have reached a point where chemistry and biology can be compared to the "Just-So" stories of social scientists. That's been a long time coming, and I think George may be nearing retirement.

It was his work with Winnifred Cutler and Charles Wysocki that led to Cutler's claim was the co-discoverer of human pheromones, and to Preti and Wysocki's review of one of her published studies with results that they debunked. These well-known and respected olfactory researchers also make clear the fact that so far as they are concerned no discovery of human pheromones was made by them in their work with Cutler.

James V. Kohl
02-11-2012 8:51 PM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

02-12-2012 1:01 AM

I understand that this adds credibility to the "cause", but your mensa presentation was i little more useful to someone like me.
Having spent over 2 decades dealing with strangers face to face daily and nightly often in a negotiation situations (as even pickup can be) watching for any minute body language signal, the effect was rather obvious to me at the first application. And when it can be replicated every day thereafter its a mute point for me, and obviously for many others.

A "scientist" with no real life experience dealing in those situations would have no clue what a couple sprays of anything would instantly do, regardless of how high he is on the "academic" scale.
Doty obviously has no fkn idea about dealing with people, or is so socially inept that a bucket of SEO still wont make people like him.
And lets be realistic, how much charm and charisma do most of these Bio geeks really have?
And the women would never want such a product that undermines their "womanhood".
Where for me a few inchs makes women come up with whatever excuse to keep me talking preventing me from leaving.
Practical applications will always subvert non agreeing theories.
They can argue all they like why the bulb lights up when you flick the switch, in the meantime every house and has street had electric lights.
Then they realize the electrons flow the opposite way. And they still dont know exactly what happens. but we have light Sun bespectacled

I dont write for any "ChemSnob" journal, but if he took those people out to a club, or even better a gay/les bar, and one of them walked around for 10 mins saying "hi" to people, walked out, then again went back in wearing 15" of Scent of Eros + 5 drops of N.P.A they would all be there wideeyed wondering "WTF just happened?"
The effect (either way) would be as obvious as turning a light on in a dark room.
After that, they can go back to their cubicle and figure out why it happened.

end of rant

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...#pid231407
02-12-2012 1:01 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Master List Of Suspected Human Pheromones dbot 36 27,306 01-20-2013 9:44 PM
Last Post: wiserd
  Human pheromones and the fusiform fools area for face recognition jvkohl 1 3,083 11-12-2012 1:43 PM
Last Post: Androaura
  Human Pheromones: an epigenetic continuum jvkohl 39 21,486 11-11-2012 12:24 AM
Last Post: 2Soon2Care
  Human pheromones and nutrient chemicals: epigenetic effects on ecological, social, an jvkohl 0 2,688 10-01-2012 7:56 PM
Last Post: jvkohl
  Fragrance adds to the appeal of men's axillary odor jvkohl 2 3,218 04-02-2012 11:14 AM
Last Post: jvkohl