Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Alpha Male Pheromone
Jonas
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Good Alpha Male Pheromone
03-18-2018 1:48 AM

(03-17-2018 7:57 AM)YoungLion Wrote:  Wow, for non work related use what cologne works well to mask it but is still subtle? I'm honestly not much of a cologne guy

edit: also, what does captain smell like to most people based on what you've seen here?

If you go unscented (as I do) you have to wear cologne.
03-18-2018 1:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YoungLion
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

03-18-2018 3:10 PM

(03-18-2018 1:48 AM)Jonas Wrote:  If you go unscented (as I do) you have to wear cologne.

I don't ever really wear it, any subtle colognes out there?
03-18-2018 3:10 PM
RoadRacer
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-18-2018 3:48 PM

(03-18-2018 3:10 PM)YoungLion Wrote:  I don't ever really wear it, any subtle colognes out there?

I can understand not wanting to smell too fragrant, but you should get something that will effectively cover the mones and not die down too fast.

I personally like Burberry Touch for men. Lasts all day and not too overpowering.

The best option, though, would go to your local mall and try all the cologne testers Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2018 3:54 PM by RoadRacer.)
03-18-2018 3:48 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

03-18-2018 6:59 PM

(03-18-2018 3:48 PM)RoadRacer Wrote:  The best option, though, would go to your local mall and try all the cologne testers Smile

That was going to be my suggestion as well. It can actually be very educational to talk to the people who work there and once they see what you like, they can steer you towards the scents you'll be most likely to enjoy.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
03-18-2018 6:59 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Lostdreams
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-18-2018 8:19 PM

Third roadrunner and snoops.
Test on the paper testers. Narrow down to
5 you like. Spray 1 on each wrist, upper arm and
1 chest. Walk/Shop for 1/2 hour.
Go back and at least buy one you like from
Salesperson...if they helped you ,you owe them
that much. Buy any others you like online for cheaper.
03-18-2018 8:19 PM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

03-19-2018 4:12 AM

I concur with all listmates suggestions. Try to get the scent on a card and on skin...sometimes they smell wildly different on paper vis a vis skin. Have trusted friends tell you what they sense emanating from you at different intervals of time e.g., 1 hour after application, 2 hours....4 hours etc. You must really spray it on and get a feel for what the fragrance smells like into even the far drydown. This is important because you may like a given frag at the opening, but hate the drydown hours later or vice-versa e.g., years ago, I really couldn't stand Kouros at the scary opening...but I learned patience and I found that certain frags need to develop; they go through stages (while some are linear throughout time...many change over the course of hours) and I really got to love that fragrance after the first 2 hours. The reason that one fragrance might agree with you while another won't could be due to many factors (besides you liking the opening smell), but also the scent might not agree with your individual skin pH. In some cases, this is why you might like a scent on someone else, but you might hate it on yourself.

In my humble opinion, it is difficult and confusing to test several fragrances at once on one session...your sense of smell as well as your mind might come away overwhelmed/confused. This is despite the customary sniffing of coffee beans in between sampling different frags that the SA offers. Practically speaking, I am thinking that you can really only test about 2 frags at a time...you have 2 wrists and you would spray one on each...though this, too, can backfire and confuse you as many pro testers can attest to e.g., testing a lighter frag on one wrist and testing something really heavy on another...the heavier one could overwhelm your sense of smell and totally eclipse the lighter one even though they are on 2 different wrists.

Besides the testers in the store, one could also politely request small tube samples of a fragrance to test at home. They are generally free. If they don't have ready samples, they can create them for you on the spot. You should always ask. I have done this at several different stores for the same fragrance getting multiple vials of the given scent so that I can thoroughly test it at home on different temps, different weather, different moods, day/night etc.

I did this at Nordstrom's where the woman had the Creed Bois du Portugal sample in a drawer and gave it to me. Since they didn't have Green Irish Tweed, she made the sample on the spot by spraying from the tester into a sample tube.

Of course I might be stating the obvious lastly here, the interaction with the sales girl can also present the opportunity for flirtation and number close....though try it once you get the sample in hand in case she gets pissed/rejects your advances....that way, you really have nothing to lose and at least scored some freebies.

Good Luck! The frags can be an addictive hobby!
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2018 4:16 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
03-19-2018 4:12 AM
YoungLion
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

03-19-2018 7:38 PM

(03-18-2018 3:48 PM)RoadRacer Wrote:  I can understand not wanting to smell too fragrant, but you should get something that will effectively cover the mones and not die down too fast.

I personally like Burberry Touch for men. Lasts all day and not too overpowering.

The best option, though, would go to your local mall and try all the cologne testers Smile
(03-18-2018 6:59 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  That was going to be my suggestion as well. It can actually be very educational to talk to the people who work there and once they see what you like, they can steer you towards the scents you'll be most likely to enjoy.
(03-18-2018 8:19 PM)Lostdreams Wrote:  Third roadrunner and snoops.

Like I said, Army, cologne is allowed but no one really wears it. It's not professional in uniform so I'm looking for something more..."fresh", "shower or soap like" if they make that in cologne form.

I was looking at something called Mugler and Cool Water by Davidoff, those I read were light.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2018 7:39 PM by YoungLion.)
03-19-2018 7:38 PM
Lostdreams
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-19-2018 7:57 PM

(03-19-2018 7:38 PM)YoungLion Wrote:  Like I said, Army, cologne is allowed but no one really wears it. It's not professional in uniform so I'm looking for something more..."fresh", "shower or soap like" if they make that in cologne form.

I was looking at something called Mugler and Cool Water by Davidoff, those I read were light.

Cant help you as use musky, spicy
woodsy scents Meself.
However...Try fragrantica.com.
You can actually search for soapy clean fragrances.
and read community user opinions. Very helpful site.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2018 7:58 PM by Lostdreams.)
03-19-2018 7:57 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Jonas
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-20-2018 9:32 AM

(03-19-2018 7:38 PM)YoungLion Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 6:59 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  That was going to be my suggestion as well. It can actually be very educational to talk to the people who work there and once they see what you like, they can steer you towards the scents you'll be most likely to enjoy.
(03-18-2018 8:19 PM)Lostdreams Wrote:  Third roadrunner and snoops.

Like I said, Army, cologne is allowed but no one really wears it. It's not professional in uniform so I'm looking for something more..."fresh", "shower or soap like" if they make that in cologne form.

There are many nice fresh colognes, but only way is for you to go to a store and try a lot of samples.

Inspiration:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MDkXYIj_kg&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/3MDkXYIj_kg&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1</a>
03-20-2018 9:32 AM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

03-20-2018 9:54 AM

(03-19-2018 7:38 PM)YoungLion Wrote:  [QUOTE='Snoopyace' pid='217692' dateline='1521417541']

Mugler cologne (not the A*men series/flankers as they are heavy/loud) is nice vetiver scent. Cool Water in its current production is 'Dead Water'...virtually ruined by reformulations.

Some classic 'soapy/fresh out of shower' frags which don't break the bank, are timeless:

Skin Bracer by Mennen (at the grocery store) ...don't be fooled by the cheap price tag...been around since for almost a century...fresh smelling classic fougere structure that has stood the test of time.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Menn...44730.html

Clubman by Pinaud - the definition of 'barbershop'...pronounced, yet discreet...elegant...ubiquitous and cost effective.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Pina...27322.html

Brut by Faberge may be too musky and thus, intrusive for you. Old Spice is technically an oriental scent. I think that the above two ...you can't go wrong - masculine, elegant, clean, safe (not intrusive) and can be bought in grocery stores for a song.
03-20-2018 9:54 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good combos for Nude Alpha BrownFish 3 645 05-17-2020 4:50 PM
Last Post: Q873
  Best mone for becoming alpha male? hut 23 3,075 09-21-2019 10:35 PM
Last Post: Errrrrrk
  Beta Male pheromone? Gladen 10 1,356 06-13-2019 3:44 AM
Last Post: WereWolf666
  Is alpha-7 any good E J 0 461 07-12-2018 8:52 PM