Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Cold Approach Dead? RSD Moving away from Cold Approach Game?
Blacky Chan

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Cold Approach Dead? RSD Moving away from Cold Approach Game?
07-21-2018 5:57 PM

(07-21-2018 5:23 PM)metaltree Wrote:  It feels very weak to have someone else open for me. I would never do it.

I have had girls that I've cold approached turn down my advances but offer to be my wing woman and approach for me. This doesn't happen often but it does happen once in a while. I always turn down the offer because it just feels weak.

I've had others open for me but it's almost always " Hey, my friend likes you, let me introduce you"
07-21-2018 5:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ps775
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

07-21-2018 8:05 PM

(07-21-2018 1:23 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  Yeah for sure! Make sure you don't use mones either to REALLY be yourself! ;)

Touché! Well played.
07-21-2018 8:05 PM
blitz
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

07-22-2018 8:16 AM

(07-21-2018 5:23 PM)metaltree Wrote:  It feels very weak to have someone else open for me. I would never do it.

I have had girls that I've cold approached turn down my advances but offer to be my wing woman and approach for me. This doesn't happen often but it does happen once in a while. I always turn down the offer because it just feels weak.

When that happens I don't let them approach for me, but rather approach with me while I do the opening. Having a woman when you approach another woman is way more effective.

As for social media game, I didn't watch the video but feel most guys will probably misunderstand everything and default to creepy guy sending DM's. I do prefer instagram over the phone number though, IG lets you convey so much more than text and these days it's as good (perhaps better) than a phone number.
07-22-2018 8:16 AM
Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

08-01-2018 10:25 AM

(07-17-2018 3:03 PM)metaltree Wrote:  I've been watching RSD and seems like they are deemphasizing cold approach and focusing on teaching guys social media and Instagram game.

RSDTyler starts the first video below by saying, "Social media made game for men what it was supposed to be."

In a nutshell, seems like the game RSD is teaching is to have an Instagram account and take Instagram photos with hot girls.

The cold approach is dead. Before you approach a girl she is looking at her IG/FB. And...after you approach her she will go back to looking at her IG/FB again.

People are glued to social media sites. Friending and then DM'ing is the new cold approach. Going live is the new peacocking.

Cellphones have completely changed the way we socialize with other people.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
08-01-2018 10:25 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

metaltree

Rep Post

08-01-2018 11:01 AM

(08-01-2018 10:25 AM)Paradox Wrote:  The cold approach is dead. Before you approach a girl she is looking at her IG/FB. And...after you approach her she will go back to looking at her IG/FB again.

People are glued to social media sites. Friending and then DM'ing is the new cold approach. Going live is the new peacocking.

Cellphones have completely changed the way we socialize with other people.

I'm resistant to this change. I still want to get cold approach to work more consistently. With pheromones now I do better now than I did 10 years ago without pheromones despite worse ratio in bars, the worsening attention span of women, and my worsening body composition. This past year has been one of my best years for one night stands. Still, my successes are way too infrequent.

I'm taking some time off from the bars and I'm stopping drinking. I'm exercising and trying to get myself in better physical shape and reduce my gut. I'm trying to improve my mental frame of mind with meditation.

Once I improve myself physically and mentally I believe the key to cold approach in bars and clubs in this modern age is to have rock solid confidence and make sexual intentions clear immediately to a woman. Then she rejects or doesn't reject immediately. If a make-out or really dirty dancing isn't happening within a minute she will get bored and go back to her social media.
08-01-2018 11:01 AM
Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

08-01-2018 12:17 PM

(08-01-2018 11:01 AM)metaltree Wrote:  I'm resistant to this change. I still want to get cold approach to work more consistently. With pheromones now I do better now than I did 10 years ago without pheromones despite worse ratio in bars, the worsening attention span of women, and my worsening body composition. This past year has been one of my best years for one night stands. Still, my successes are way too infrequent.

I'm taking some time off from the bars and I'm stopping drinking. I'm exercising and trying to get myself in better physical shape and reduce my gut. I'm trying to improve my mental frame of mind with meditation.

Once I improve myself physically and mentally I believe the key to cold approach in bars and clubs in this modern age is to have rock solid confidence and make sexual intentions clear immediately to a woman. Then she rejects or doesn't reject immediately. If a make-out or really dirty dancing isn't happening within a minute she will get bored and go back to her social media.

Ok to me a cold approach is approaching a woman in the street, bookstore, coffee shop....ect because these places are not "designated" pickup places. So, your approach in these places would be unexpected (cold).

Bars and lounges are places where women expect to be approached. In fact, sometimes the purpose of going to a bar is to socialize with others. So the approach here is expected.

As far as men are concerned, sometimes women do not care about physical appearance. Many times the greater factor is in how you treat them. While you are looking at tonight they are looking at 10 years down the line.

Going up to a woman at a bar and asking "Do you want to fuck or not" no matter how diplomatically you put it is off putting to most women. Women want to be liked, not as an object for male relief but as a person.

All in all you have to examine yourself to see what you are looking for. There is an inside joke that Veteran PUA's always quote. It is the juke about a man who stands on a street corner asking women who pass by "Do you want to fuck?" The joke is that eventually someone will answer "Yes". If you are going out just to fuck then yes like the joke says just keep asking women for sex. There are some women out there who just want to drink some wine have sex then go to sleep.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
08-01-2018 12:17 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

08-01-2018 1:05 PM

I always tell guys to just start conversations. You will be very surprised at what happens. And I believe that it is easier to pick up women at places where they are not expecting to be approached.

This is not a pickup, but happened to me the other day....pheromone free. I noticed a bunch of crazy bumper stickers on a car and these two ladies saw me looking at he stickers. Both very attractive and we ended up speaking for 40 minutes about my bumper sticker theories and personality. One of them asked did I want her phone number and then the friend says that she would have asked that too, but noticed the ring. The second girl asked if I was happy and I said yes. Just starting interesting conversations can lead you places. Worked when I was single and it appears to still work.

Going out with a goal of having interesting conversations takes the pressure off, if things don’t work out. All kinds of goodness have come from this small, very simple strategy.

A woman once donated a car to my mom after we had a conversation. Her mother had recently passed away and she was going to donate it to charity, but she gave it to my mom. I was trying to find a mechanic to attend an auction with my mom.
08-01-2018 1:05 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

08-01-2018 9:22 PM

In my head when I said "Cold Approaching" I was thinking Bars/Clubs.

I go by the following definitions:
Cold Approach - Approach without IOI
Warm Approach - Approach with IOI

The idea of conversation is completely different in Loud Nightclubs vs out and about during the day. Sure, I can see a 40 minute conversation during the day if you happen to accidentally meet a woman with some sort of context and something in common. Any time I've had a conversation in a bar/nightclub that was turning into a longer engaging conversation the girl lost all sexual interest in me. Day and night is as different as day and night.

I would never go up to a girl and say, "Do you want to fuck or not". I honestly thing that would work 0% of the time. Maybe something a little softer like, "Hello, how are you, would you like to Netflix and Chill" would work better.
08-01-2018 9:22 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

DarkLord1

Rep Post

08-01-2018 11:06 PM

(08-01-2018 9:22 PM)metaltree Wrote:  In my head when I said "Cold Approaching" I was thinking Bars/Clubs.

I go by the following definitions:
Cold Approach - Approach without IOI
Warm Approach - Approach with IOI

The idea of conversation is completely different in Loud Nightclubs vs out and about during the day. Sure, I can see a 40 minute conversation during the day if you happen to accidentally meet a woman with some sort of context and something in common. Any time I've had a conversation in a bar/nightclub that was turning into a longer engaging conversation the girl lost all sexual interest in me. Day and night is as different as day and night.

I would never go up to a girl and say, "Do you want to fuck or not". I honestly thing that would work 0% of the time. Maybe something a little softer like, "Hello, how are you, would you like to Netflix and Chill" would work better.

I may have posted this already, but a friend of mine in college would say to all women: “What color are your panties?” I thought it was ridiculous, but that shit worked far more than you might think. Now he also was a good looking guy and that probably didn’t hurt.

That guy was so congruent with a cocky, IDGAF attitude that he pulled it off. Many woman thought it was funny and he would laugh after saying it.

No matter what the woman did, he stayed congruent. A woman might throw a drink in his face and he might say that it needs more vermouth. I didn’t even know what that was....but that shit would work.

The point is that you can be bold, but you have to be congruent and maybe a bit playful with it. He was force and I am finesse. Both worked because our style was congruent with how we act normally.
08-01-2018 11:06 PM
SargeMaximus
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

08-02-2018 12:10 AM

I've been doing PUA since 2012 and never gotten any results whenever I've done the whole "just have a conversation" thing. For me, there has to be a goal or nothing becomes of it. Women can sense if you're aimless and don't have a purpose to your life. Whenever I've done that "just have a conversation" or "just have fun" thing, it has been aimless. To each their own I suppose.

No unsolicited advice please. If I need advice I’ll ask for it directly.
08-02-2018 12:10 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cold reading/indirect openers books? jb20 0 610 10-15-2019 3:47 AM
Last Post: jb20
  Drop the Stone - Cold Approach metaltree 4 1,347 02-05-2018 8:21 PM
Last Post: DarkLord1
  Is Hell Hot or Cold? :) mark-in-dallas 1 1,315 04-23-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: seeusmile
  Film - Zeitgeist moving forward out now luksti 2 1,876 01-27-2011 9:44 AM
Last Post: luksti
  Iceland gives stripping cold shoulder with ban Mtnjim 0 1,078 03-24-2010 5:44 PM
Last Post: Mtnjim