Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Another Senseless School Shooting
RussianWolf

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Another Senseless School Shooting
05-20-2018 9:06 PM

It's not about discipline, it's about the lack of love, from parents, the community and society at large.

The lack of love in this world is the Reason it is the way it is.

That's the elephant in the room.

Hold onto your beliefs loosely, and hold onto your truths tightly.
05-20-2018 9:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stefdude

Rep Post

05-21-2018 3:46 AM

(05-20-2018 6:16 PM)theLaw Wrote:  For the record, I posted a whole page of clear exceptions to this, which you could have addressed, but instead you decided to focus on being called a hurtful name.

Classic.

(05-20-2018 3:39 PM)Saiyanprince Wrote:  It's not just the drugs. Combine that with a broken mind, a broken home, a broken school system, a broken media system that is truly just a tool to "program" your mind for an agenda and the easy access to a gun.

Fix these and the gun issue fixes itself.

I aggree but I doubt the drugs are part of the problem.I simply believe that if you remove the drugs from these kids their behaviour would be much worse.
I'm talking about serious conditions, not ADHD, which btw exists and their brains are different than those with no ADHD.I view it more like a minority type of neurochemistry (non neurotypical) than a disease and treating kinds with amphetamine should be decided very very responsibly, judging by how the ADHD affects the kid's life (while first changing his family/educational environment into a more suitable one regarding his neurochemistry).

We all know that the huge pharmaceutical industry has a profit in giving drugs where they aren't needed, and they are doing it.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
05-21-2018 3:46 AM

Login or register to remove all advertising

jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

05-24-2018 9:46 PM

Most of these kids are being treated like trash by their own families and their peers.They feel their life is worthless and have to get back at their tormentors.If you see the news reports about these shooters' and their backgrounds, you can see that. What we need to teach is, how to treat people with respect and kindness for both parents and kids. What we lack is humanity not the gun control laws.Go and see the elephant and the movie about the columbine(forgot the name).
What these incidents show us is, as a society we are sick and we need to treat this sickness's root cause:lack of humanity.

My 0.02 feel free to disagree
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2018 9:52 PM by jb20.)
05-24-2018 9:46 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

05-26-2018 10:19 PM

I believe that how people are treated plays a factor and the hard part is that no matter how good you treat some people, they have unrealistic expectations that won’t be met.

Mental illness is serious business and people have always been and sadly always will be suicidal. For a variety of reasons including depression, illness, etc.

Now those people who might have just hurt themselves in the past, have a way to be noticed too. So they hurt others.

It is a complex issue and more than one action may be needed to make things better.

I would hire a world class statistician and psychologist to analyze the data and see if there are trends we can use to make things safer.
05-26-2018 10:19 PM
Macro
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

05-27-2018 3:53 AM

I love the fact you're all banging on about mental illness and tough childhoods. When do people talk about mental illness after *muslim* terrorist attacks?
The solution is obviously gun control, everything else is just a distraction that helps no one except gun manufacturers and politicians.
05-27-2018 3:53 AM
Saiyanprince
Serious Poster

Rep Post

05-27-2018 8:06 AM

(05-27-2018 3:53 AM)Macro Wrote:  I love the fact you're all banging on about mental illness and tough childhoods. When do people talk about mental illness after *muslim* terrorist attacks?
The solution is obviously gun control, everything else is just a distraction that helps no one except gun manufacturers and politicians.

I agree with gun control. Put guns in the hands of police officers that protect the school. Now let's put it like this. With that job you have to go thru rigorous pyshco tests and training. Get your credit pulled every 6 months to make sure your not drowning in debt and sit with a shrink every 6 months. Hell it doesnt have to be a police officer it could be private security.

We had a sheriff's deputy station in our school and yes he was armed. We had shotguns and rifles in our trucks in the parking lot and guess what. Not 1 school shooting in its history.
05-27-2018 8:06 AM

TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

05-27-2018 11:32 AM

Ok...let's say they take all the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens who go through the trouble to file all the paperwork and go through the background checks to LEGALLY bear arms for self defense.....whereas the criminals will always find a way to obtain firearms illegally via the street ...what happens then? The law abiding citizen then is defenseless against the criminal who can always obtain firearms off the black market. Doesn't this exacerbate crime? The criminal will feel extra confident when he does home invasions/robberies KNOWING that the victim NO LONGER HAS THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS....not to mention the politico machine which can turn ever more despotic knowing that there is no check upon their authority from the 'citizen soldier.'

Let's take it further....suppose that by some miracle...firearms were totally eliminated...what's left? Kitchen knives...vehicles...should those be now regulated by the government????? Let's say that somebody suddenly takes a kitchen chef's knife and stabs someone senselessly...OOOOPs...now every body has to have a SPECIAL PERMIT from the Police state...same thing with vehicles...let's say somebody goes apesh*t and decide to run over a bunch of pedestrians...that's vehicular homicide! Now special Permits have to be garnered by every vehicle operator..doing background checks, etc....to make doubly sure that no one is a psychopath or has a criminal background????!!!!

What's your thoughts on this guys???
05-27-2018 11:32 AM
theLaw

Rep Post

05-27-2018 11:59 AM

@TheManInTheFedora

Agreed. Statistically speaking, guns are not a leading cause of death in the US, especially if you remove suicides. The "gun-control" argument is a great way to separate rational from irrational people in our society; the thinkers vs the feelers.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death - from the CDC (2016):

Number of deaths: 2,712,630

Heart disease: 633,842
• Cancer: 595,930
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 155,041
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 146,571
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 140,323
• Alzheimer’s disease: 110,561
• Diabetes: 79,535
• Influenza and pneumonia: 57,062
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 49,959
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 44,193

About 11,000 homicides using firearms.

It's literally less than 1%.........Dodgy

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
05-27-2018 11:59 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

05-27-2018 1:01 PM

When I was a young man, someone tried to do a home invasion at my mom’s home while I was there. They were not successful.

Someone tried to car jack me when I lived in New Orleans. They were not successful.

You can have millions of responsible people and a small number who are not and people think that removing things from everyone is the answer. I don’t believe it is.

Reporting mental illness and unstable behavior by people is helpful. Background checks that involve mental health assesmments is helpful. There are many things that may be helpful.

Rational people behave rationally....most of the time. We will never stop everyone, but we can strive to make things safer with multiple actions.
05-27-2018 1:01 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

05-27-2018 8:05 PM

Gun Control is the answer? Yeah right! Then explain why Chicago, which has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation also has one of the highest homicide rates?

Is it really that hard to comprehend that criminals do not obey laws and if you take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens then the only ones left with them would be criminals and cops?

(05-27-2018 8:06 AM)Saiyanprince Wrote:  We had a sheriff's deputy station in our school and yes he was armed. We had shotguns and rifles in our trucks in the parking lot and guess what. Not 1 school shooting in its history.

So, you had guns in your cars and an armed cop and nobody got shot, yet you think gun control is the answer?

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with a guaranteed 100% fatality rate
05-27-2018 8:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread