Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alpha Dream Black Spice scent + ultimate good guy mix
Lostdreams
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Alpha Dream Black Spice scent + ultimate good guy mix
11-14-2017 10:35 AM

Yes. Thank you Tyriel. Never tried AD products but Leather and Steel looks very interesting flavor when i finally do place order. Hmmm wonder if theres way ta find apex notes b4 ordering. Would be nice if thunder provided some free samples with order or had scent samples for sale. So far i havent ventured outside unscented or vanilla pheromones as wrong scent could render whole bottle unusable.
11-14-2017 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tyriel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

11-14-2017 11:50 AM

Eureka!!!!! I found the Black Spice scent. It is most definitively Armani Code Ultimate. Just went to the perfume store and it is true!! Party2

People say the Profumo variant comes close, but it is absolutely horrible. =/

I also asked a sample of Eau de Nuit, which is really nice, subtle and sophisticated. Also love this scent. Since AC Ultimate is discontinued, I might go for Eau de Nuit as my next scent.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 12:07 PM by Tyriel.)
11-14-2017 11:50 AM
Tyriel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

11-15-2017 2:56 PM

Update:

Oooooh! I have my doubts about the scent now. I also tried the normal Armani Code and it is also similar to the Black Spice, but a little bit less sweet and has some performance issues.

Black Spice seems to be in between Armani Code and Ultimate. It has the scent of Armani Code and the longevity of the Ultimate variant. Maybe the pheromones contribute to the longevity and a little bit sweeter scent?

When I get my Ultimate, I will try mixing it with the normal Armani Code and keep you guys updated.
11-15-2017 2:56 PM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

11-15-2017 3:21 PM

Code:
Maybe the pheromones contribute to the longevity and a little bit sweeter scent?

not necessarily the mones per se, but rather if it contains various viscous carriers...think DPG or in the case of AlphaD products, silicone. It is kinda oily and I have noticed that it can prolong the longevity. For example, I have the original Cerruti 1881 and even though it has been reformulated from its vintage monster silage it still has above average longevity because of DPG. I have noticed that it takes a while to dry down as that DPG is kinda oily.

Keep us posted!
11-15-2017 3:21 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Tyriel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

11-15-2017 3:32 PM

(11-15-2017 3:21 PM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  
Code:
Maybe the pheromones contribute to the longevity and a little bit sweeter scent?

not necessarily the mones per se, but rather if it contains various viscous carriers...think DPG or in the case of AlphaD products, silicone. It is kinda oily and I have noticed that it can prolong the longevity. For example, I have the original Cerruti 1881 and even though it has been reformulated from its vintage monster silage it still has above average longevity because of DPG. I have noticed that it takes a while to dry down as that DPG is kinda oily.

Keep us posted!

Thank you for the info, bud! Smile

Edit: Mixed 1/3 unscented Certo and 2/3 regular Armani Code. Going to test the longevity tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Smile

Update: Sprayed 2 sample sprays (which equals one Alpha Dream spray) on my wrist 2.5 hours ago. Mix is doing very well. Scent is almost the same as Black Spice. Just a bit more mone-scent, probably because the ratio is a little bit off. Projection is still much better than solo Armani Code, as I can still smell it every inhale. Armani Code solo had a wrist-to-nose-projection of <1h.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 3:29 AM by Tyriel.)
11-15-2017 3:32 PM
Tyriel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

11-18-2017 8:35 AM

I just bought all bottles of Armani Code Ultimate from a webshop, due to it being discontinued (€270 / $320). Maybe I was a little bit too excited. To take umbrage

But I will try mixing it with Certo and normal Armani Code and keep you guys posted.

Update: Been six hours since the wrist spray. The AC smell can be barely smelled over the pheromone scent. Black Spice definitely outperforms a 2/3 AC ratio. But adding a silicone base almost doubles the longevity of the cologne. Very nice to know.

Will keep you guys posted once I have tested the AC Ultimate. Going to do an ACU standalone vs a 1/3 Certo - 2/3 ACU ratio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I just tested Armani Code Ultimate versus Black Spice.

Armani Code Ultimate can be seen as a fragrance that has the same notes as Black Spice, but there are some difference. Black Spice is more in your face. It has a much stronger scent and is a lot more sweet. Armani Code and Ultimate are more mature fragrances, where the Ultimate version is pretty much Armani Code with much better longevity and better projection. They are both very subtle and suave, where as Black Spice is a little bit more playful/youthful and should be worn by men in their early-mid-late 20's. I am (30 y/o and) known to have a baby-face. Most people guess me roughly 7-8 years younger than my actual age. So I guess this scent suits me well.

If you want to attract older women, go with Sandalwood Musk or Leather and Steel.

I do not regret buying the 4 x 75 ml bottles of Ultimate, because the fragrance is very good. But it is not Black Spice. I think Chris used Armani Code (Ultimate) as a base and used stronger, sweeter mid/base notes to cover up the mone scent, which it does perfectly.

Reviews say Armani Code Profumo is the sweeter version of Ultimate, but alas it is not Black Spice. In my opinion Profumo is too much. The projection is enormous and it has a very pungent, synthetic smell. It may be my skin type, but I threw the sample away as it was stinking up my entire home. Profumo has good reviews, but do never blind buy it.

As for the Armani Code Ultimate + Certo test. I will be doing the test, but I am not rushing into it. I am expecting double performance, just as with the Armani Code + Certo test. But not expecting a Black Spice copy.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 8:42 AM by Tyriel.)
11-18-2017 8:35 AM
stefdude

Rep Post

12-24-2017 10:49 PM

It didn't get mentioned but what doses where the NA when used in multiple exposures for imprinting?

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
12-24-2017 10:49 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  are you guys still having trouble ordering from alpha dream ? Niceguy 17 2,085 07-08-2020 7:56 AM
Last Post: Johnny Fever
  20 percent off alpha dream products right now with this code Niceguy 0 633 06-18-2019 1:30 AM
Last Post: Niceguy
  20% off alpha dream products RussianWolf 0 915 01-28-2019 3:20 PM
Last Post: RussianWolf
  Alpha Dream - Quality Issues? shirts321 5 1,169 08-07-2018 12:06 PM
Last Post: Ladiesman
Shocked I sure hope Alpha Dream isn't dead !! ShadowX114 73 11,918 05-09-2018 12:35 PM
Last Post: Saiyanprince