Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A new book with big claims
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Sex: Male

Rep Post

A new book with big claims
12-17-2009 8:59 AM

Here's the Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/epigenetic-pherom...634&sr=1-1

Is anyone here aware of this fellow or his research?

Here is the author's review of his book.  The quote function appears to have gone from the editor.  The words below are quoted.

1 Review
5 star:    (1)
4 star:    (0)
3 star:    (0)
2 star:    (0)
1 star:    (0)

Average Customer Review
5.0 out of 5 stars (1 customer review)

Share your thoughts with other customers:
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
<!-- BOUNDARY -->

5.0 out of 5 stars Exocinology is a new medical theory., December 14, 2009
Hi everybody, my name is Bubba Nicholson and I'm the author of this book, Of Love . My lab has been able to cure criminal behavior, drug addiction, and homosexual behavior outright. What I've discovered is a broad spectrum psychopatholytic drug that is incredibly potent. Ten milligrams (an aspirin tablet is about 325 mg, usually) will knock over a heroine addict making them giddy with glee. People who exhibit criminal behavior stop it instantly, the next morning they get up and ask to do chores. This stuff is the most incredible find in the history of medicine. It is a wonder drug, and guess where you find it? On the end of your nose--if you are a man over 30 and younger than 55 or so. It is easy to collect and you don't need anything but to read this book to help a rotten kid back to behaving wonderfully again.
That's right, our prisons are going to collapse. Police departments will shrink to a few figureheads. Divorce will end. The homosexual community will soon die of old age. We are entering a new age altogether. The practice of medicine will never be the same ever again.
Alzheimer's disease responds well, too, but beneficial effects require repeated doses and semiochemical asepsis to maintain, although the proclivity to relapse back may be diminished one day by as yet undeveloped anti-pheromone receptor pharmaceuticals.
I've tried to make this an interesting book for the third year medical student, its intended audience. Some familiarity with microeconomic theory, neuroanatomy, pathology, sensory physiology, and basic stereochemistry from a first semester course in organic chemistry would be nice, but not an absolute necessity. More complicated concepts are explained on an elementary level, so most of my colleagues may even understand what is going on.
There are more than seven hundred references, and hundreds of those papers must be read to be fully appreciated. Aspiring exocrinologists must read most of them. This is not light reading by any means. Exocrinology has escaped notice so long because of that, so intense study and testing one's knowledge will be needed. But don't plan on your medical school professors being of much help. They are much further away from the basic courses needed than you are. So you should teach each other.
The collection protocol at the end of the book is a model that medical students can use to cure many of their most desperately ill patients under the noses of your attending physicians. Take good notes and write up case reports in medical journals. Modern medicine is like a huge beast of burden. Sometimes you have to slap it caudally to get it to move. Just try not to let them sit on top of you, though, like they did to me!

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
12-17-2009 8:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: A new book with big claims
12-17-2009 12:17 PM

I've never heard of him but my initial knee jerk reaction is that this is a load of bull.

I don't doubt that phero's can be helpful complements to treatments of some conditions or behaviours, or helpful in general for those conditions or behaviours...but this guy is no scientist. He sounds more like a religious fanatic that wants to cure mental illness & "sinful" behaviour...I mean he refers to homosexuality as "perversion" & he uses medical terms that are archaic...

The fact that he claims this "wonder drug" can cure Ankylosing Spondylitis & Cystic Fibrosis just proves he has no idea what he's saying. AS & CF are genetic conditions! You are born with those genes & there is no cure...You can't alter DNA!

I wouldn't mind reading the book though, I'm sure it would be good for a few laughs.

I did a quick Google search & found lots of fun stuff on him Big Grin
He got banned from a forum & this was posted;

Quote: ....Nicholson, a self-proclaimed "political hack" who lives with his mother on Jetton Avenue.......

.....In another time, Ross "Bubba" Nicholson might not be taken seriously. He's a 48-year-old guy with no real job. On the Internet, he claims to have inspired the film, E.T., and he writes scientific papers about the connection between pheromones and crime.
<!--QuoteEnd-->

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 12:29 PM by Xiphoid.)
12-17-2009 12:17 PM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Rep Post

12-17-2009 12:45 PM

LOL
This is hillarious! Here's a comment he made on a scientific news website (article about nuclear reactors that can run on depleted uranium)

I love his description of how phero's work & how he made his miracle drug Big Grin Anyone wants to donate some facial skin?

Quote:
 Bubba Nicholson said on July 15th, 2009 at 10:04 am

This is great. Guess what? I can pay for it. I found the cure for crime, the cure for drug addiction, and even a cure for sexual perversion. These are all related ecologically, these three compulsions. Here it is and any dope can do it right now with three five piece packs of Wrigley's chewing gum: 150 mg of healthy adult male facial skin surface lipid pheromone. The pheromone is generally passed in kissing (kids kissing their father on his face). It is essentially the chemical device to provide one with "˜unconditional paternal love and approval'.
The stereochemistry of the many strange components (some known to be pheromones in other species yet!) strongly suggests that these seven hundred or so puppies communicate. One of them, sebaleic acid, is found nowhere else in nature and marks each of us as human. Neat huh? Wait till you see your first crack prostitute emerge, find a nice husband, and have a baby. They'll name it after you! It's great!

]

12-17-2009 12:45 PM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Rep Post

12-17-2009 1:11 PM

Hmmm...Methinks this guy has some serious issues with honesty & he clearly has very vivid imagination :rolleyes:

Quote:  Journal access (as Bubba Nicholson) on Why Don't They Just Start A Wikipedia For Scientific Papers?

I elucidated the etiology of atherosclerosis, but no one would review the article or comment as to why it was rejected. Electrodeposition accounted for juxtaposition of crystals in plaques of substances with different temperatures of crystalization (at 98.6 degrees F, anyway), experimental results already published, deposits in turbulence, etc. Atherosclerosis kills 55% of Americans, more than from any other cause, obviously, so there is nothing more important than bringing out all the evidence, but no. Ten traditional journals on the subject rejected my article without comment or explanation.
So, SOMETHING has to be done or we will just have to wait for all the old imbeciles to die off, provided of course they don't choose their idiot sons to follow them.
But Wikipaedia is not the answer either. I authored the HOPE Scholarship proposal that became law and was emulated in 23 other US states, but generic Wikipaedians decided I had no standing to comment on my own creation. Can there be a more egregious example of ineptitude?
With the current system, at least some of my articles have been published, so something is better than nothing.

Quote: Do J.R.R. Tolkien's Kids Deserve Money For The Lord Of The Rings Movies? (as Ross Nicholson) on Do J.R.R. Tolkien's Kids Deserve Money For The Lord Of The Rings Movies?

I re-wrote the story a little for LOR, planned for all at one time live action shooting, and green-lit the funding of the project. I even contributed the 'cape pin' jewelry used to costume the lead actors. I got nothing. It only seems right that J.R.R.'s kids should also have their lives limited, be thrown onto welfare to sicken and die. Most of them are probably just English people anyway.
My dead brother-in-law was the last Grimm of the fairytale family. He died broke.
Why should this green earth perpetuate the genes of genius when there's so many more thieves of intellectual property who are obviously more deserving in the eyes of our court system?

Quote:  What about stolen copyrights? (as Ross Nicholson) on Will The Supreme Court Give Steinbeck's Heirs Back The Rights To Some Of His Works?

I suggested the movie "Star Wars" be filmed from the story of a 1963 novella of similar name, "E.T." is my concept, I provided the story for the movie Titanic, and three hundred more, the notes passed in "Good Will Hunting" are in my handwriting, as are notes in "Close Encounters", "E.T.", "K-PAX", and "Dead Poets Society", I am "Forrest Gump" and Yoda. "My" movies will eventually produced nearly 3 trillion dollars in economic benefit to the United States of America. I have done all that and much, much more for the sum total of $1.00 and 8 minicassette tapes (replacing the one I provided for the 'cave solo' in DPS). So does American copyright law need re-working? I'll say it does. It needs criminal penalties and punitive damages for fraud.

Quote:  Re: Re: What about stolen copyrights? (as Ross Nicholson) on Will The Supreme Court Give Steinbeck's Heirs Back The Rights To Some Of His Works?

I will name names. William Jefferson "Bill" "Bubba" to his friends Clinton watched me. He even jumped in and modeled for Indiana Jones. And Hillary Clinton, did nobody notice that she is "princess Leah Organa of Aulderan'? Stevie Spielberg was there, of course, and that character is named after his momma. Look at the Clinton's lawyer, Daniel Caffee? Strobe Talbot runs the Brookings Institution. Rob Reich was there, so was Ron Kirk, Ann Richards, Vince Foster, Marybeth Rogers, will they all take the truth to their graves with them? Forget the past, no matter who it destroys along the way? Surely one of these grand minds can remember something?
Justice, does it make any difference? Only if you want to stop crime, drug addiction, and sexual perversion in your lifetime, because I can do that. I have done that. It's easy to fix people's problems. It's easy to be fair to people, too. Sometimes I think that nobody takes any interest out of fear, self-interest, or self-conceit. But may be it's God. God does not reward the righteous, He enriches the pretentious, and forgives those who trespass against us and all things are in His way. Amen? Amen.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 1:12 PM by Xiphoid.)
12-17-2009 1:11 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-17-2009 4:09 PM

This guy is off his fucking rockers...

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
12-17-2009 4:09 PM

Login or register to remove all advertising

Bosshank
Not so Junior Member

Rep Post

12-17-2009 4:10 PM

(12-17-2009 12:45 PM)Xiphoid Wrote:    Anyone wants to donate some facial skin?

I have donated my fair share of facial skin doing martial arts. Does not seem to make those other guys any less aggressive ... lol. But they are healthy. At least until payback time ... lol.

(12-17-2009 4:09 PM)Phya Wrote:  This guy is off his fucking rockers...

But he is selling books that might actually make some money. If it weren't for this funny thing called ethics I might try the same.

Actually, I bet I could write a book - just under a pseudonym. "The Phero Mis-Adventures of Bosshank" Read about the (almost) exciting exploits of a married father of several children ...

I can see it now. I could maybe sell enough books to cover the cost of a tank of gas .... lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2009 1:44 PM by Bosshank.)
12-17-2009 4:10 PM
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Rep Post

12-17-2009 10:07 PM

I think Xiphoid is just feigning disbelief, hiding around the corner with her packs of Wrigley's gum, waiting until Bosshank, Phya or I show our faces so she can rob our vital essences.

Eek

But seriously, we probably gather chemical information from all available pathways. We often concentrate on inhalation to the exclusion of ingestion, absorption, and injection.

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 10:48 PM by Gone with the Wind.)
12-17-2009 10:07 PM
jvkohl
Expert

12-18-2009 12:36 PM

I only know of him through the producer of "Slippery Blisses," a CBC production whose producer saw fit to feature both me and Bubba in different portions of the program, which aired on the Discovery Health channel as "What's in a Kiss." I'd seen some of his published papers (also somewhat bizarre) and asked her what the B. in B. Nicholson stood for. At the time, early in this century, I don't think anyone knew him professionally as "Bubba."  Now many of us will be able to put a name with all of his publications, rather than merely an initial.

Since I don't plan to buy his book just yet, I hope someone will post a real review of it.

James

12-18-2009 12:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bosshank
Not so Junior Member

Rep Post

12-18-2009 1:50 PM

(12-17-2009 10:07 PM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  I think Xiphoid is just feigning disbelief, hiding around the corner with her packs of Wrigley's gum, waiting until Bosshank, Phya or I show our faces so she can rob our vital essences.

ROTFLMBO

(12-16-2009 4:54 AM)Xiphoid Wrote:  Seriously lads...If there is a mix like this please feel free to come test it on me. If there isn't, then get crackin damnit! Start brewing some new mixes! 

I think our favorite UK doc would be more than happy for the right guy to come along so she could ... "rob his vital essences" ... lol.

Guys ... get crackin as the little lady says ...

12-18-2009 1:50 PM
jvkohl
Expert

"B" is for Bubba
12-18-2009 3:24 PM

Nicholson B. Med Hypotheses. 2000 Mar;54(3):438-43.

Does kissing aid human bonding by semiochemical addiction?

Nicholson B. Br J Dermatol. 1984 Nov;111(5):623-7. No abstract available.

I'm not sure whether Bubba ever won anyone over to his way of thinking about such things.

James

12-18-2009 3:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread