PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice
"Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Printable Version

+- PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice (http://pherotruth.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (/Forum-Forums)
+--- Forum: Mens Area (/Forum-Mens-Area)
+--- Thread: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? (/Thread-Ancient-Mones)

"Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-10-2012 7:59 PM

I was just recalling....Back in the day before I used pheromones, 16 years ago. I'm 48 (Pic is 3 years old)

I liked to use "Brute" aftershave. I used to get so many compliments. Did'nt use it alot though cuz it was stong something fierce.

One gf I met with it told me, and I kid you NOT! "When I was talking to you when I first met you I had an orgasm"

I need to go find me some of that stuff!

FD

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fly So Hi - 03-10-2012 9:22 PM

Wow
Wish we had something like that today.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - ohhmygod - 03-10-2012 9:24 PM

@FSH: pick yours

[Image: productLine.png]

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fly So Hi - 03-10-2012 9:27 PM

I've seen this sometimes... do they have mones?

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - ohhmygod - 03-10-2012 9:37 PM

No... of course not. But wait who knows P They dont publicly put mones in there

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - terry0400-40 - 03-10-2012 9:44 PM

Shit i thought i was the only one to have experienced the Brut Phenomenon, times when i have used this and women tells me that i smell sexy, so i recon now that there are others experiencing the same then Brut really must have something going for it . ..

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-10-2012 9:57 PM

Brute after shave, they still have it in the drug stores for $6 per liter. They had comercials on tv for it when I was a kid.

Everyone's dad wore this after they had a shave, you splash it on with your hand and it sends your face to the firey depths of hell for a minuite after your shave.

I suspect young women feel comfortable with it since that's what their fathers wore when they held them as babies. Dbot would call this "imprinting"

FD

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - terry0400-40 - 03-10-2012 10:20 PM

(03-10-2012 9:57 PM)Fishdude Wrote:  Brute after shave, they still have it in the drug stores for $6 per liter. They had comercials on tv for it when I was a kid.

Everyone's dad wore this after they had a shave, you splash it on with your hand and it sends your face to the firey depths of hell for a minuite after your shave.

I suspect young women feel comfortable with it since that's what their fathers wore when they held them as babies. Dbot would call this "imprinting"

FD
I can clearly remember one day that a girl told me that i was smelling very sexy and several hours before i had absolutely slathered a whole lot Brute aftershave all around my neck ect, her father did not ever use it as this girl was a native girl from a south pacific island.

I had a bad time with Brut once a whole bottle had leaked out into my work carry bag and it absolutely reeeeeeeeked, it reeked for months, it was so bad in fact that it had gone from my favorite and i could not face it for several years although i am now over it actually i have some on the back of my hand at this moment and my SO walks in and she is very picky with what she likes but this lit her up fast, sniff sniff she says it is her favorite, so there ya go ha ha better take some shares out in the company i guess Yes . . .

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-10-2012 10:34 PM

Hopefully the old refinery that mass produces it can be resurrected.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - dbot - 03-10-2012 11:23 PM

They did used to advertise that it "smells like a man" ...

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-10-2012 11:39 PM

Basenote of PineSol and topnote of soap

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-10-2012 11:43 PM

I'm going to get me some tomorrow and send you a pic.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Pheroman - 03-11-2012 4:46 AM

Some of my friends still use it.
It doesnt have that girly/soft smell of most recent products.
Nice but definitely manly.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - NewAlpha - 03-11-2012 7:08 AM

I remember when I was younger and whenever I went to a grocery store or a supermarket, I used to open one bottle of it, cause it was not sealed and just use it all over my neck like I was just testing it....I don't know why but I liked it and it made me feel good....Old times...good times....

BTW, no need to be mones, some scents are definitely aphrodisiac and relaxing. Actually, I never had self-effects with mones like I had with some scents from aromatherapy or good fragrances...

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - JAYCEE - 03-11-2012 7:34 AM

If you believe that they have been putting male sweat in WOMEN's perfume for years (to make women fall in love with the perfume), then I think it's prolly not too far off base to believe that Brut has some male sweat in it too. I know ever bottle of Brut I ever received as a gift when I was a kid came from a woman.

Hey FD, try this:

Mix yourself a couple of to-gos of Brut + N.P.A. Use one and let the other age for a while. Brut + n.p.a has a rep for being the bombdiggity! Never tried it myself since I'm such a cologne snob...

I'm gonna buy some of this awful stuff the very next time I go to Walmart. lol Smile

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Pheroman - 03-11-2012 9:02 AM

I bought some Brut Original $9.95, it now sits next to Creed, Versace & Polo.
Bay Rum is next.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - CanadianGuy45 - 03-11-2012 9:03 AM

(03-11-2012 7:08 AM)NewAlpha Wrote:  I remember when I was younger and whenever I went to a grocery store or a supermarket, I used to open one bottle of it, cause it was not sealed and just use it all over my neck like I was just testing it....I don't know why but I liked it and it made me feel good....Old times...good times....

BTW, no need to be mones, some scents are definitely aphrodisiac and relaxing. Actually, I never had self-effects with mones like I had with some scents from aromatherapy or good fragrances...

When i was a little tyke i also thought Brut was amazing. I may have to try and source some.

I will try not to buy Old Spice or Aqua Velva. It may be difficult

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - NewAlpha - 03-11-2012 9:20 AM

(03-11-2012 9:03 AM)CanadianGuy45 Wrote:  When i was a little tyke i also thought Brut was amazing. I may have to try and source some.

I will try not to buy Old Spice or Aqua Velva. It may be difficult

Hahaha...Old Spice ! I remember when I was small kid, my father was using it the After Shave, the white bottle ! It was a ritual.

And now, on the new bottle, they write : "The original. If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist" Mrgreen

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - CanadianGuy45 - 03-11-2012 9:25 AM

(03-11-2012 9:20 AM)NewAlpha Wrote:  Hahaha...Old Spice ! I remember when I was small kid, my father was using it the After Shave, the white bottle ! It was a ritual.

And now, on the new bottle, they write : "The original. If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist" Mrgreen

Now I am whistling the tune from the commercial.Whistle3

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-11-2012 3:14 PM

on the back it says "Flamable, do not use when smoking"

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - JAYCEE - 03-11-2012 7:01 PM

Ok, I bought some Brut from Walmart today. lol.

When I was a kid, it came in a glass bottle with a metal shield and chain on it. Now it comes in plastic. Times change I guess. Smile I think it was $5 or so for 7 oz / 207mL. It says original and splash, so I guess it's not EDT concentration. lol Smile

Anyway, it smells like deodorant soap, maybe Zest or Irish Spring. But then it dries down to a nice walk down the detergent isle. Tide + Bounce + Downy and so on...

After 5 mins or so, it's really pretty faint, hardly even notice it.

I'm thinking I will mix up some n.p.a. with Brut in a 5mL to-go. Maybe a 50/50 mix of Brut + WM/black for the gym. This is going to be fun...

Oh, on the back of the Brut bottle it says "Essence of Man." lol. I say it's full of mones or pig sweat or something. Gotta be with a name like that. Maybe they bottled fake ball sweat like the copulins makers did with vaj juice. Essence of Man. lol...

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - halo0073 - 03-12-2012 8:26 AM

(03-10-2012 11:39 PM)Fishdude Wrote:  Basenote of PineSol and topnote of soap

If it smells like a man then it's basenote is sweat and topnote is dirty socks ;)

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fly So Hi - 03-12-2012 9:03 AM

(03-12-2012 8:26 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  If it smells like a man then it's basenote is sweat and topnote is dirty socks ;)

[Image: tumblr_lnprszHHPx1qa8ae4.jpg]

Not all of us smell like that...

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - captain_alex - 03-12-2012 9:22 AM

(03-12-2012 9:03 AM)Fly So Hi Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_lnprszHHPx1qa8ae4.jpg]

Yeah that's kinda sexistic.

I mean, there are a lot of other fragrances. Beer for example, or smoke. Big Grin

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Sptsmed - 03-12-2012 9:28 AM

If Brut is working, I wonder what High Karate might do with some mones mixed in LOL. Yes, I will avoid Old Spice too, if I want to smell like a fisherman fresh from the sea I will just rub some trout over me.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - halo0073 - 03-12-2012 9:54 AM

(03-12-2012 9:03 AM)Fly So Hi Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_lnprszHHPx1qa8ae4.jpg]

I was totally joking. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I thought by adding the wink at the end that would suggest I was being cheeky. And for the record I like the smell of man sweat.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Pheroman - 03-12-2012 10:13 AM

(03-12-2012 8:26 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  If it smells like a man then it's basenote is sweat and topnote is dirty socks ;)

Obviously I change my socks and shower too often.
Good thing I have Weapon X cause that seems the only "you smell like a man" i get.
But now I have Brut:Essence of Man.
Its maaa haus!

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - ohhmygod - 03-12-2012 10:21 AM

halo would be very comfortable down under, cuz the abos here smell exactly how u described hahaha.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - halo0073 - 03-12-2012 10:26 AM

I will clarify...I only like the smell of MY man when he's sweaty. And not the armpits.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - ohhmygod - 03-12-2012 10:49 AM

My gf likes my armpit smell lawlawlalwlalwalwalwlawlall

[Image: lol-face.jpg]

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fly So Hi - 03-12-2012 11:04 AM

Hahaha hey Halo, i got it you were joking, so was i! :b

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Sptsmed - 03-12-2012 1:00 PM

If I thought wearing Brut would cause New Pheromone Additive and a few others to hit as hard on everyone as they do the few they work on, I would buy a gallon of it LOL

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Pheroman - 03-12-2012 10:38 PM

(03-12-2012 10:26 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  I will clarify...I only like the smell of MY man when he's sweaty. And not the armpits.
First sweat, like when a man first starts sweating is apparently a turn on for women.
I have heard from many women, after the BS reasons they like someone or had a ONS, that the thing they most liked about him was his smell.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Arrow - 03-12-2012 11:00 PM

Damn I remember Brut. I remember wearing back in the 5th grade trying to get girls to notice me.sideLol

Brut was good...but it couldn't touch Iron. I learned that later on.

Iron was introduced back in 1987 and is nowhere to be found now. I would love to find a bottle somewhere.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - terry0400-40 - 03-13-2012 2:14 AM

Brut hits the big time at PheroTruth forum Pleasantry

[Image: brutebuddies.jpg]

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - captain_alex - 03-13-2012 4:46 AM

(03-13-2012 2:14 AM)terry0400-40 Wrote:  Brut hits the big time at PheroTruth forum Pleasantry

That beckham thing looks like scotch...
Hm. This brut thing is something america-exclusive I think? Undecided

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fly So Hi - 03-13-2012 7:49 AM

No, i'm pretty sure i've seen it here in Brazil several times.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - halo0073 - 03-13-2012 7:57 AM

(03-12-2012 10:38 PM)Pheroman Wrote:  First sweat, like when a man first starts sweating is apparently a turn on for women.
I have heard from many women, after the BS reasons they like someone or had a ONS, that the thing they most liked about him was his smell.

It's true. And that's exactly what I am talking about first sweat. Not stinky been pouring cement for a week between work outs and haven't showered for a week sweat. And never ever ball sweat ;)

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - terry0400-40 - 03-13-2012 11:22 AM

(03-13-2012 7:57 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  
Quote:And never ever ball sweat
;)
It has been said that "ball sweat" is an effective attraction pheromone for men, so next time you are out on a date keep a watch out for men taking frequent trips to the powder room to refresh their wrist or neck application.

"Ding dong dangle i have a bag, ding dong dangle i,m so glad that i have a bag, ding dong dangle do"

The above are lyrics i made up which i usually sing with a loud voice when waiting in a slow moving queue in a public area ect, i do get some most unusual looks and comments when i sing this, and if i am with someone they either giggle or turn red in the face....

Do you think "ball sweat" should be covered with "Brut" ? he he do you like my new scent baby, go on take a whiff Girl_drink1

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - halo0073 - 03-13-2012 12:01 PM

(03-13-2012 11:22 AM)terry0400-40 Wrote:  ;)
It has been said that "ball sweat" is an effective attraction pheromone for men, so next time you are out on a date keep a watch out for men taking frequent trips to the powder room to refresh their wrist or neck application.

"Ding dong dangle i have a bag, ding dong dangle i,m so glad that i have a bag, ding dong dangle do"

The above are lyrics i made up which i usually sing with a loud voice when waiting in a slow moving queue in a public area ect, i do get some most unusual looks and comments when i sing this, and if i am with someone they either giggle or turn red in the face....

Do you think "ball sweat" should be covered with "Brut" ? he he do you like my new scent baby, go on take a whiff Girl_drink1

[/quote]

You are so crazy. In a good way. Balls should be covered in whipped cream.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - dbot - 03-13-2012 12:31 PM

The key for keeping that "first sweat" charm is to inhibit the bacterial conversion of sweaty steroid output into stinky BO.

I've found that spraying on a solution of monolaurin dissolved in some alcohol is extremely effective for this! I use it as an unscented deodorant, and after just a few days of use you will find that you don't get the same reek as usual! Just the pleasant manly diffusion of musky goodness.

If you discontinue using it, it takes the stinky bacteria a couple of weeks to recolonize your armpits and start swamping it up in there. A couple days of monolaurin treatment and you're right back to the fresh, pleasant sweaty smell.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - eyeofra - 03-13-2012 2:04 PM

ROFL! Nice halo! I agree

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Beccah - 03-13-2012 4:16 PM

(03-11-2012 9:20 AM)NewAlpha Wrote:  Hahaha...Old Spice ! I remember when I was small kid, my father was using it the After Shave, the white bottle ! It was a ritual.

I'm in the camp of chicks that can't resist og Old Spice....
Most def not into Brut, lol.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - rash219 - 03-13-2012 7:50 PM

I think both Old Spice and Brut are popular in the old school crowd...but from what I have been reading Aqua Velva is quite popular too specially among the ladies .....I just got myself some Brut today I love the menthol smell make me smell FRESH lol...I think we should post this question in the Womens Area and see what the response is....

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Data4 - 03-14-2012 3:43 AM

I've often wondered how some of the old crap I used to wear as a teenager would behave with an undercurrent of 'mones.

I'm looking at you, Stetson. And you, Chaps. Polo, shut up. We're still not on speaking terms.

Big Grin

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - dbot - 03-14-2012 9:17 AM

As a youngster I was in awe of Old English. Haven't seen it in years -- I wonder if it's still made.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - gentlmentlemen - 03-14-2012 1:23 PM

(03-13-2012 7:50 PM)rash219 Wrote:  ...I just got myself some Brut today I love the menthol smell make me smell FRESH lol...I think we should post this question in the Womens Area and see what the response is....

Woah woah woah! Wait really? Menthol? Nobody told me Brut smelled like menthol!

Usually I stay away from stuff that older generations like unless I already have experience with it. Most of the time both myself and my lady friends don't like it...

But menthol like smell...

I know a lot of people don't like that smell or description of stuff, but I think I'm gonna have to get me some now...

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - terry0400-40 - 03-14-2012 4:39 PM

(03-14-2012 1:23 PM)gentlmentlemen Wrote:  
Quote:Woah woah woah! Wait really? Menthol? Nobody told me Brut smelled like menthol!
Menthol is new to me also, i do not get menthol from my Brut Aftershave ? ? am i missing something ! !

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - rash219 - 03-14-2012 8:50 PM

here is the pic of the contents on the aftershave i bought

[Image: 20120314220348373.jpg]

Im not old but I just LOVE the smell Tender

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - gentlmentlemen - 03-14-2012 9:54 PM

(03-14-2012 8:50 PM)rash219 Wrote:  here is the pic of the contents on the aftershave i bought

Well, I'll give it a try and find out what some of my favorite targets think.

I would think that if the menthol added was lower on the ingredient list than the concentrated fragrance elements that it would be insignificant in smell, but idk.

Also, just to continue adding to the list of nostalgic 'mone-like scents: Axe Touch. Not really an old one, but it is discontinued. I have often wondered if that had some mones or something else in it, because whenever I wore that I always got constant compliments, and not just on the smell! And girls would be all nervous and giggly... red in the face all the time... always talking about feeling warm around me, usually as a whole or just their face, but a couple just blurted out that it made them wet, and judging from all the blushes I was getting from all the other girls... I'd believe it.

All the other axe stuff was crap, but Touch (in deodorant stick form so it didn't hit you like a brick wall the way the spray cans did), that was the stuff... barely lasted any time at all on the shelves though, and to this day I don't know why it got pulled.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - dbot - 03-14-2012 10:09 PM

Androtics has officially denied it, but I really think all the winning MXs were sold for use in mass-market fragrances.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Moredots - 03-15-2012 12:41 AM

(03-14-2012 10:09 PM)dbot Wrote:  Androtics has officially denied it, but I really think all the winning MXs were sold for use in mass-market fragrances.

That's really interesting. I recall reading something along the same lines on their forum. Them denying it that is.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - terry0400-40 - 03-15-2012 1:21 AM

(03-14-2012 8:50 PM)rash219 Wrote:  here is the pic of the contents on the aftershave i bought

[Image: 20120314220348373.jpg]

Here is a pic of my Brut contents, whilst mine does not mention "menthol" it instead notes the inclusion of PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether so i guess either the menthol or the MGE probably pays a part in the diffusion of the fragrance that is mentioned on both product examples . . . .

[Image: brut1kpt.jpg]

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-15-2012 3:03 AM

There is definately nothing fruity or sweet smelling about the smell of Brut.

I smell Pine,Lime, Some dark smokey spice,mint? I'ts like your in a thick, warm forest and smell the odour after a fresh rainfall....multiplied a thousand times.

I'm going to start using some dabs, It's all the baby boomers keeping Brut and viagra sales sky high

FD

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - rash219 - 03-15-2012 8:32 AM

@terry0400-40 : Actually PPG is polypropylene glycol and its only contribution to the scent is that it will make it linger around you longer...

@Fishdude : everytime I read your description I feel like im in a rain forest surrounded by beautiful angels treating like a king of the jungle Big Grin

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - rash219 - 03-15-2012 8:34 AM

(03-15-2012 12:41 AM)Moredots Wrote:  That's really interesting. I recall reading something along the same lines on their forum. Them denying it that is.

common just because those guys deny it dont actually mean they did it....

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Pheroman - 03-16-2012 8:27 AM

(03-13-2012 12:31 PM)dbot Wrote:  The key for keeping that "first sweat" charm is to inhibit the bacterial conversion of sweaty steroid output into stinky BO.

I have been experimenting with antibacterial sprays on my armpits including malaleuca or tea tree oil based deodorants or antibacterial products.
Also products with terbinafine,***azole type ingredients.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - dbot - 03-16-2012 2:25 PM

Any luck with them Pheroman?

I've been really impressed with how effective my monolaurin spray has been. Yesterday, for kicks I didn't shower, and just kept reapplying whatever mones I wanted to wear into my pits. This morning when I woke up I gave em a good sniff and really couldn't detect any funkiness at all!

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-16-2012 3:49 PM

well, back from work early this Friday, I'll top up my work mones with a splash of Brut and go run a few errands.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Pheroman - 03-25-2012 5:45 AM

(03-16-2012 2:25 PM)dbot Wrote:  Any luck with them Pheroman?

Well it takes time to test as BO depends on many factors often diet based.
But I have tried a small spritz (0.5 sec) of Odor Eaters foot spray under each arm.
It has a lot of Aluminium which is toxic but stops sweat and Triclosan which is
antibacterial and suspect to be harmful. Focus
But for the next 3 days I only use less than half amount of deodorant with hardly any underarm smell.

Chlorine is also a strong antibacterial so putting some in a bath is good for killing bacteria.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Jolly Jumper - 03-26-2012 9:56 AM

I remember my dad had Brut, Old Spice and Tabac when I was a kid and I used to sniff the bottles now and then, I thought they smelled awesome.
The only one of those I've ever had myself was Tabac (as deodorant) when I was a teenager. I thought it was the scent of Superman, I don't really remember anyone else saying either positive or negative things about it.

Since Old Spice and Brut are so cheap, I'll have to get me some for the hell of it. I saw Aqua Velva in a store as well but I've never smelled it. Since it's just as cheap, I might buy a bottle of that too.
At those prices, anything is worth a try.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-26-2012 10:47 AM

I added some Brut this morning to my work mix. I'm loving the smell. People do seem more talkative though. Got eyeballed by a cougar in the elevator first thing this morning.

I don't touch the stuff with my hands , just shake 8-12 drops out on my chest.

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fly So Hi - 03-26-2012 10:55 AM

How's the Fishdude's personal mix going though?

RE: "Ancient" "Mones?" ???? - Fishdude - 03-26-2012 11:08 AM

I just use it on the weekends and always get good results. I did get out of a parking ticket though, hard to explain...

I just went in for a coffee.... I told the guy. Then I asked "can I go?" And he walked away with the ticket on his pad.

Not sure what effect was the cause though?

I don't recommend people to park in "No Parking" zones though.

Or perhaps I came across a "Get out of Jail Free" mone.