PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice
An Ebay for Pheromones - Printable Version

+- PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice (http://pherotruth.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (/Forum-Forums)
+--- Forum: Trading Post (/Forum-Trading-Post)
+--- Thread: An Ebay for Pheromones (/Thread-An-Ebay-for-Pheromones)

An Ebay for Pheromones - ibelledthecat - 01-10-2010 12:01 PM

Hello forum members

Hope you all had a good christmas.

So, yesterday I got an idea in my shower and I have been working on it since today morning. 

I present to you, the fruit of my morning's labour http://www.pherotrade.com

I was thinking that maybe having an Ebay type marketplace for pheromone sellers would probably help them compete against the big guns like AD and Love Scent.

The idea was to consolidate the independent sellers into one place and also to offer people the freedom of choice. By pooling their resources, independent sellers with smaller product lines can expand much faster than if they tried to do it on their own.

Before you comment on my lack of design skills, I should tell you that the logo is still being designed and some of the boring pages (FAQ, About, Help etc.) have not been done yet. I might change the layout of the site as well.

However, the website is fully functional and ready to go. I just need sellers to add their products if they are interested. I am listing the features of the site in bullet points below so that they will be easier to read :

• I guarantee that all normal listings on the site shall be free forever. Starting an auction, fixed price listing, store etc. shall always be free. There will be no commissions based on the sale price or number of sales.
  • All featured options will be free for atleast the next 2 months. After that, I may have small charges for home page featured listings but I haven't decided on that yet.
  • There are a whole load of payment options available to sellers. Most of them come with instant notification URL's if you would like to use those.
  • All payments are directly made to sellers.
  • When there are enough products listed, I shall launch an advertising campaign. I am determined to make this big.
  • If you run into any issues using the site, just email me using the contact form or post here.
  • If any sellers have links to forum threads (on any forum) with feedback for their products and services, please pm me your username at pherobay with the link and I shall add the feedback to your seller account.
  • If anyone wants to sell their half used phero bottles or anything similar, feel free to list them as well. Think of this as an ebay for pheromones.

Note to sellers : Make sure that you select all featured options when creating a listing as they are all free.

Note to admins : If you guys have a banner for this forum (preferably 728*90), please send it to me for some free advertisement on the site. If you feel it is appropriate, could you also link to this thread from the women's forum just in case all women don't read the mens section.

As always, any questions/feedback/comments/suggestions are welcome. Let me know if you guys want anything to be added to the site or maybe some category suggestions that you have in mind.

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - mark-in-dallas - 01-10-2010 12:26 PM

OK, I scrwed up and you all can throw rocks at me if ya want!

I was trying to merge 3 separate threads that we had created to get the word out on ibilledthecat's project into 1 thread, and somehow ended up losing everything. Eek

I was able to salvage ibilledthecat's original post, but not the replies.

My bad! And I apologize to anyone that's contributed to the thread, but I am glad that I was able to at least his original message.

Sorry folks! Blush

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - renny - 01-10-2010 3:34 PM

No rocks from me Mark. I pondered the merge all morning and finally gave up. I also intended no offense by moving them to the trading post section. I didn't realize/remember that you had copied the thread into the other forums. I'm cutting back on the coffee now! LOL

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - ibelledthecat - 01-11-2010 7:26 PM

Let's all have a group hug now Smile I'll be back around the 15th with more news about the project. Until then mark can run laps around his house as punishment Big Grin

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - mark-in-dallas - 01-11-2010 8:17 PM

(01-11-2010 7:26 PM)ibelledthecat Wrote:  mark can run laps around his house as punishment Big Grin

But I live in apartment complex, with 510 units!

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - luksti - 02-25-2010 9:48 AM

Seriously IBTC this is awesome. A store where people can buy sell used products and also test mixes and things that others have made. Looks pretty good too for a trading website. :good3:

Admins Is there a possibility of having this as a sticky thread or the link on the main page of the forum?

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - Gojira - 12-28-2011 3:32 PM

Doesn't seem to exist anymore -- what a shame!

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - dbot - 12-28-2011 3:36 PM

I'm working on getting something like this together by spring.

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - JonesRE - 12-28-2011 5:01 PM

(12-28-2011 3:36 PM)dbot Wrote:  I'm working on getting something like this together by spring.

I would frequent such a marketplace!

Much luck,

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - 2Soon2Care - 12-29-2011 1:10 PM

Go dbot!

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - JWboing - 03-28-2012 7:25 AM

Is this going to happen? Can't seem to get the link to work? New Link/

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - jancoman - 06-21-2012 9:05 PM

Sad great idea!

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - mark-in-dallas - 06-23-2012 2:52 PM

Nope he shut the idea down before even getting it off the ground.

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - robbierobv - 06-23-2012 3:13 PM

aww this actually sounded like fun

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - idontknow - 06-24-2012 2:30 PM

Actually there is an ebay for pheromones. It's called "ebay", lol. You can sell them there just fine and got lots of buyer/seller protection, payment methods etc.

Imo an "ebay-for-pheromones" would be tons and tons of work and could be totally insecure and open for lots of scam. In the first days of ebay i got scammed a few times, until they improved protection.

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - mark-in-dallas - 06-24-2012 7:39 PM

(06-23-2012 3:13 PM)robbierobv Wrote:  aww this actually sounded like fun

Don't fret it. I'm real close to launching a site with a concept that I think will be even more fun than eBay, and that offers members REAL incentives for participating too!

And, I'll not way anything more just yet. Big Grin

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - robbierobv - 06-24-2012 8:02 PM

Incentives for participating sounds stellar. Count me in!

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - deker0 - 09-19-2012 7:39 PM

This caught my eye, really quite an interesting idea/concept. Any updates?

RE: An Ebay for Pheromones - DGamer - 09-20-2012 3:51 AM

(09-19-2012 7:39 PM)deker0 Wrote:  This caught my eye, really quite an interesting idea/concept. Any updates?
Something similar was done by Mark and it failed, it was called Penny Pheromones. If enough members want it, I can probably get something like ebay up and running.