PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice

Full Version: What supplements are you taking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
So there is a group of really intelligent people here at PT and since most of our food now a days is not as nutrient dense as it should be, I'm wondering what you all are supplementing with???

I've been taking Garden Of Life whole food based multi vitamins.
http://www.gardenoflife.com/Home/tabid/1...fault.aspx

And:
Vit D
Vit C ester
Krill Oil
Q10
NAC
Chlorophyll and spirulina in my morning smoothie.

I'm thinking of adding Astaxanthin, it's supposed to be an amazing antioxidant, but my Krill Oil already has some. Anyone have any info on Astaxanthin?
For bodybuilding/muscle recovery:

Magnum Big-C Creatine
Magnum DNA
Magnum A-Bomb
ON Whey Protein
Scivation Xtend
Super Pump Max

For general health:

Vita-Stack Multivitamin Packs
Metamucil
Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Flax Seed Oil
Salmon & Fish Oil
Potassium

For stomach flora (anti-candida):

IntestiNew
Caprylic Acid
Acidophilus Pills
Probiotics

I recently stopped taking all the Candida stuff, because I have been more or less candida free for a month and I no longer eat carbs that aren't fibrous veggies. But damn what a difference in energy and digestion.
Astaxanthin is a pigment produced by micro algae. Many seafood critters that exhibit a red hue when cooked feed off these plants and it assimilates into their bodies. You don't notice the red hue until they are cooked. This is bc much of the pigment is coiled up in dark protein chains that overshadow its natural red color. When you cook them the proteins uncoil, frees up the red pigment, and the shell changes color.
It also has been speculated that many red fruits and veggies have this in them too. It is a natural antioxidant but the forefront of its use right now is in neurodegenerative conditions such as Parkinson's, Huntington's disease, and Alzheimer's.
Wait until purple corn hits the mainstream. Thats gonna blow alot of antioxidant supps out of the water. We have done studies on it and I've also read alot of other tests on it. Its the next superfood.

I mix up what I take every few months and add bits n pieces as I see fit. Heres what Im currently taking for my summertime mix:
(and why...)

Centrum Chewable multi -well rounded vita support that I dont have to swallow
Lactobacillus plantarum 299v strain
Saccharomyces Boulardii
--this bacterial yeast combo helps me digest all the weird crap I eat all summer long
3 tbsp extra virg coconut oil - great immune booster and for the fast digesting MCT fats = great quick energy
5-10 g BCAA's- essential amino support
10 g L glutamine - helps tone digestive system and build/replenish muscle stores lost
creatine dissolved in low acid OJ with a hi gly carb like gatorade powder
Source naturals plant based digestive enzymes- its not how much you eat its what you absorb
Zinc 100 supplement
Pramiracetam- best racetam I can afford right now

I eat a hybrid of the paleo diet and food combination chart to stay alkaline.
ZMA - Helps my sleep feel full and helps keep my testosterone level high.
Arginine Ethyl Ester - Good pre-workout supplement for me. Also a good alternative to the sex enhancement supplements.
L-Glutamine - Supposedly is good for your immune system but I use this as an sugar alternative when I need a sugar source for my Creatine.
L-lysine - Another amino acid that I use for my immune system. Possible anxiolytic effects for people with Lysine deficiency.
Coleus forskohlii (Forskolin) - A thermogenic used to boost my metabolism. If you have any oil base pheromones, take this supplement and exercise with it. You are like a walking pheromone nuke.
Piracetam - The cheapest Nootropic that I currently can afford on my budget.
Hey Lexy,

In reply to your post regarding the B12 supplements you take, they look good since they're natural from brewers yeast. The alpha-galactosidase in the mix should also help with digesting various indigestible sugars which would otherwise cause gas.

For those taking fish oil, I'd note that it's immunosuppressive as well as anti-inflammatory. So you may want to lay off the fish oil if you come
down with certain illnesses, at least till you're healthier.

Quote:Fish oil feeding delays influenza virus clearance and impairs production of interferon-gamma and virus-specific immunoglobulin A in the lungs of mice.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10024609

As for what I take;

B vitamin complex ( just a small fraction of a capsule, but several times a day)
Creatine (Good supplement for vegetarians. Helps with mental capacity. Meat eaters may not need.)
Tyrosine (mood booster, used to produce dopamine)
mixed acid-neutral ascorbates (non acidic Vitamin C + Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium and Zinc)

L-ornithine + Alpha Ketoglutarate (Currently testing for ADD)
Barley Grass Juice + water (I drink the liquid portion) for ADD. Best thing I've found.
Fresh, juiced cruciferous vegetables. (Kale and cabbage, mixed with water, blended, pressed in a ricer and then strained through a mesh. 2-3 times a week)

K2 (menatetranone. Great for calcium metabolism/cardiovascular health/bone strength and prostate health. Anto-carcinogenic. I haven't found this documented anywhere, but I've found it temporarily reduces sex drive which I'm fine with most of the time. )
Multivitamins: Orange Triad
Creatine: Optimum Nutrition Creapure (Non lifting days only)
Pre-Workout: Muscle Pharm Assault (Lifting days only)

Really... I feel a strong vitamin, good diet, and if you feel like it a little pre workout energy and you're set... Granted, some people are more ambitious and really need some supps for heavy lifting. But a good 90% of people don't need much more than a good vitamin, diet and plain creapure creatine.
Nootropics sound very interesting, really gotta look into those. I forgot about MSM it's supposed to be really good for our skin and hair. I have taken it before and it did help my nails get harder and grow, picked some up this morning. That's good info on the fish oil Wiserd, thanks!

I'm on the fence about Melatonin. What do you guys think about it?

*Is that your neck thundr? That's a really nice neck, so thick and strong looking.
I just read this on melatonin. Makes me a bit uncomfortable that it's a hormone and that it messes with the pineal gland. Says we can find it naturally in ginger, bananas, oats, and tomatoes.

http://www.healthyalways.net/2011/06/mel...r-bad.html
Multivitamin
Vitamin B12
Fish Oil
CLA

Con-Cret micronized creatine
Beta-Cret preworkout (sucks, going to switch back to Assault)
Gaspari Myofusion (post-workout creatine)
MusclePharm Combat Powder (night protein)
Scivation Xtend BCAA's
L-Glutamine (off-days)
A-AKG (off-days)
(06-28-2012 1:10 PM)Lexy Wrote: [ -> ]Nootropics sound very interesting, really gotta look into those. I forgot about MSM it's supposed to be really good for our skin and hair. I have taken it before and it did help my nails get harder and grow, picked some up this morning. That's good info on the fish oil Wiserd, thanks!

I'm on the fence about Melatonin. What do you guys think about it?

I'm personally not a big fan of melatonin. I know a bunch of ppl that take it with great results but it gave me ultra crazy dreams.. the ones you wake up sweaty and confused wondering wtf just happened. I vowed to never take it again as long as I live unless staying alive is the only reason I have to take it. lol

Nootropics are a very cool supp to take for focus and creativity, for me at least. They work well with my brain chemistry. I would take the whole family of racetams but they tend to get a bit pricey taking so many. So I just take the best I can swing. I would highly recommend looking into them further. Some ppl take choline supps with them but I eat about a dozen eggs a day so I meet my choline requirements easily no need for a supp there.

(06-28-2012 1:10 PM)Lexy Wrote: [ -> ]*Is that your neck thundr? That's a really nice neck, so thick and strong looking.

haha there were a million clever replies here but this is a supplement discussion so Ill b good for now and say thank you and yes that's me. lol
btw your hair is gorgeous. Love them curls. Yea I remembered that..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's