PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice

Full Version: Delta 2-androstenone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I was just finishing up a thread on steroids and prohormones I suspected to have pheromonal properties. As I went through a few of their profiles I saw a document I had saved on my phone a few months back. A quick serch here brought up nothing relevent. Tried all chemical name variations.

So what do we know about Delta 2; Or is this New to our community?

Delta 2-androstenone: Delta-2-androst-17-one, which is more formally known as 5a-androst-2-ene-17-one is a preexisting metabolite of DHEA and is also found as an androsterone metabolite on the human skin it can ultimately be called a human pheromone with prohormone like activity.
http://prohormonedb.com/view-ingredients...none&i=205
No one have interest in this as a putative?
Actually, I do. I was just waiting for more information on it. I cannot help, once I'm no good at biochemistry, etc.
(04-02-2012 12:58 PM)Grape Ape Wrote: [ -> ]No one have interest in this as a putative?

I'm really interested in that stuff ..

have read about it some time past ... but did not pay enough attention to it .. shit !!

Gonna contact Chris once he's in Cali .. maybe he can organize some ..

Pago
(03-30-2012 12:45 PM)Grape Ape Wrote: [ -> ]So what do we know about Delta 2; Or is this New to our community?

Delta 2-androstenone: Delta-2-androst-17-one, which is more formally known as 5a-androst-2-ene-17-one is a preexisting metabolite of DHEA and is also found as an androsterone metabolite on the human skin it can ultimately be called a human pheromone with prohormone like activity.
http://prohormonedb.com/view-ingredients...none&i=205

Interesting find... I'm not sure where they get the idea it has pheromonal properties, but it may have slight pheromone-like effects from what I know of structure activity relationships.

The main problem with this compound is the 17-one group. Usually, what diversifies a pheromone from an anabolic steroid is the 17-one or 17-ol part of the molecule. Testosterone for instance is androstadienone, with a 17-ol group. When you take away the 17-one or 17-ol group, you have a STAN or STEN compound which is most likely to have pheromone properties.

The 17 (17-one / 17alpha / 17beta ) group and 3 group (3-one / 3alpha-ol / 3beta-ol) are most important to consider.

This compound has no 3-one or 3-ol group, instead having a double bond between carbons 2 and 3. If this compound had a 16-ene group instead of a 17-one I would say it were very interesting to explore as a pheromone. But as of currently I would wager 20:1 odds that it's just a shitty anabolic steroid with lots of side effects rather than a unique pheromone.

Sometimes, designer (anabolic) steroid marketers will claim that a substance is a pheromone as a guise to sell it, rather than calling it what it actually is (anabolic steroid), to try to get around the FDA laws.

This kind of stuff is sort of a blight on the pheromone industry, as it gets the FDA and DEA guys scratching their heads wondering if pheromones are all really just a guise for anabolic steroids, which they are not, and which is really not a good thing for us..

I dunno - that's just my opinion. I guess you could always try to order some if you can and see if it has any pheromone effects..

chris @ alpha
I like to use the word LORDOSIS.
Lordosis is what animals do when they get the axe effect of pheromones.
Like the pigs arching there backs waiting to get humped.

I've seen it with some None mixes, it can hit my wife pretty hard, and then she piggies up.
The only problem is me getting the word Lordosis stuck in my head while stucking the stuck pig. My wife's no pig, but I had to try to use the Stuck Pig reference anyway.

With that said,
Delta 2-androstenone aka 5a-androst-2-ene-17-one [CAS# 963-75-7 ] is an actual hormone for elephants, goats, boars(pig). [multi-species pheromone] It is also found on human skin.

With it being a large mammal pheromone, and with my fun with None, I'd say that it is in the realm of feasability that this could have some axe effect on the large mammal species we call human.

Possibly Lordosis.
pherobase only had a few elephant pheromones, and this wasn't listed. Doesn't mean it isn't a elephant pheromone though.
I'll check it out and report back in a week or two..

I was a little surprised, that in checking inventory, I actually have 5 milligrams of this compound in the lab fridge - never had time to check it out. I'll let everyone know how it works out for me once I have a chance to blend it in some alcohol / DPG.

- chris
Funny that you had this in the fridge. Excited to hear some reports.

Now for my great discovery and for being such a pivotal pioneer in the pheromone community, everyone nominate my original post. I could use some AD products. Really though, I'm just kidding but seriously go do it. Do It now Blum
I'm really looking forward to hear about how it goes with that stuff ...

could be the secret ingredient in New Pheromone Additive ... ??

Pago
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's