PheroTruth.com - Pheromone Reviews, Information and Advice

Full Version: Eat Healthy Foods? You're Mentally Ill!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, Big Pharma and their psychiatric lap dogs have gone overboard this time!

Natural News Source

(NaturalNews) In its never-ending attempt to fabricate "mental disorders" out of every human activity, the psychiatric industry is now pushing the most ridiculous disease they've invented yet: Healthy eating disorder.

This is no joke: If you focus on eating healthy foods, you're "mentally diseased" and probably need some sort of chemical treatment involving powerful psychotropic drugs. The Guardian newspaper reports, "Fixation with healthy eating can be sign of serious psychological disorder" and goes on to claim this "disease" is called orthorexia nervosa -- which is basically just Latin for "nervous about correct eating."

Original New release From The Guardian
Guess I better stop the carrot juice IV drip Eek and start mainlining psychotropics instead... Rolleyes

Bella
Yeah, heard about such nonsense over here as well. When you are refusing to stuff in your junk food you are ga-ga, because you are obsessed over healthy food. If you are eating your junk food you might be mentally healthy, but really need some medication for your physical condition. Bottom line - we all are sick and need our pills! NOW!!!

Nooooowwww... that explains a lot, people were calling me crazy for quite some time now. I even was a vegan for several years - I guess back then I was ready for the asylum, locked ward. Big Grin
(06-30-2010 1:47 AM)petrucci77 Wrote: [ -> ]Nooooowwww... that explains a lot, people were calling me crazy for quite some time now. I even was a vegan for several years - I guess back then I was ready for the asylum, locked ward. Big Grin

Naw Petrucci they don't lock you away for that; you could influence the other crazies, who are filled with drugs!

That's an executionable offense. Now go stand in line for your turn in front of the firing squad.
Quote:Healthy eating disorder

God, are these people stupid or stoned when they do these kinds of researching? lol

What a great way to reduce the population by encouraging people to clog their arteries with unhealthy crap.
(06-30-2010 12:09 PM)esmeralda Wrote: [ -> ]What a great way to reduce the population by encouraging people to clog their arteries with unhealthy crap.

Shhhh! Don't say that, it's supposed to be a secret!!Eek
I don't know, I think that there is a hard core of radical vegans who ARE nuts. Lierre Keith, ex-vegan author of The Vegetarian Myth, which is about how vegetarianism damages the environment and one's health, was attacked by radical thugs and had a pepper-laced pie shoved into her face. (Like having pepper spray in your face, potentially blinding.) You can see video of the attack on various sites. She's middle aged and has suffered bone degeneration from a vegan diet for decades, so she was pretty much helpless. I agree that the Standard American Diet and the Food Pyramid are just plain wrong and bad for human health. But there are plenty of complete weirdoes out there too (Aajonus Von Der Planitz springs to mind - if I told you some of the stuff he advocates you would not believe me).
I'm really late on this one, but I have had a doctor broach the subject of orthorexia with me after I outlined what my daily diet is like. I got angry, because in no way do I rigidly fixate on my style of eating - I keep to it as much as humanly possible, but I also indulge in not so healthy foods from time to time and I don't beat myself up for it. It's just crazy.

I agree with Tezza, I think some vegans are plain crazy, especially when someone dares to disagree with them.
Reference URL's