Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

video experience shows if you are right or left brain functional or both
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1844
Thanks received:
4852 thanks in 1996 posts

RE: video experience shows if you are right or left brain functional or both
11-05-2009 11:14 AM

(11-05-2009 10:48 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  I chose 3. Why did you think I would choose 2? My eye actually fell between the two, but I always lean to the right... heh.

Diane

Well, actually about 3 out of 4 people will choose 3, and most of those that don't will pick 2. Then there's the odd one out that will pick 1 or 4.

But, if you show it to an accountant, engineer, or someone else that's analytical minded they will usually pick 2.

I don't know for sure why it works that way, but my guess is that the creative types look at it, split it down the middle and pick the first number to the right, while the analytical pick the number to the left of mid-line.

I assumed by your career path that you would be more analytical than creative. Then again, with what you're doing with pheromones, I guess there is a real creative side to you too, isn't there? [Image: smile.gif]

I once showed that to a group of 4 people, telling them that I was psychic after the first person chose a number and I picked her number correctly. Well, one of the others chimed in with "Oh yeah, what number did I pick". Knowing that he wouldn't pick the same number I looked at him and said "2". He says "OK' and they were all a little stumped.

Then the third girl chimes in and says "What about me" I tell her to whisper to the others what her number is, and I'm thinking what the natural progression might be, settling on 1. After she's told the other 3 what number she had, I chime out "1". And now they're getting just a little freaked out.

The last guy says "OK, what about me?" He tells everyone his number, and I'm thinking there's no way he's going to pick the last remaining number (4), so I go go back to the first number and say that he picked 3.

All 4 of their jaws dropped, and they didn't know what to think. It was absolutely hilarious!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
11-05-2009 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
119 thanks in 76 posts

Posts=648, but changed to 0 to remove from top posters list
11-05-2009 12:20 PM

LOL... that is funny!

I do have a creative side and I draw and paint also. I'm really only analytical when I feel I need to be, but then I can get pretty tenacious about it. And actually, while I was in school my hematology professor tried very hard to get me to go into medical illustration, because he felt my bone marrow drawings were so good. But that is when all the imaging stuff was coming out so strong, and I felt medical illustration was a dying profession.

For a long time I kept all my medical school lecture notes and they were always filled with drawings and diagrams, even my molecular immunology and genetics class notes were always more pictures than words.

It really is hard to classify someone as only right or left brain functional unless they are a rare "pure" type... you know like the starving artist or the actuaries... otherwise I think we all fall somewhere in between on the continuum.

I guess I'm pretty straight down the middle. Maybe with being creative with the perfumes, I'm functioning right now more right than left-brained, but even when I'm analyzing pheromone molecules, I'm picturing their structural conformations and how they "fit" receptors... and that is spacial-creative. And that is where I've always scored highest on any type of IQ exams is in the spacial area.

And I always understand data better when it is "painted" visually... graphs are always easier than columns of data for me... except when I can see a clear pattern in the columns of data... then it is still relational-spacial, rather than analytical. It is only later that I go back and slog through to understand what the nitty gritty of it all means.

Diane
11-05-2009 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 117
Thanks received:
597 thanks in 229 posts

11-24-2009 3:32 AM

I was able to control my perception with a thought. Obviously, the direction I thought is the direction I percieved. What does that mean? Before I conciously started manipulating my perception, it was predominately counterclockwise, with the occasional switchback. The switchbacks occurred when I blinked. It's fascinating. I wonder what that means for me.
11-24-2009 3:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Keys to the V.I.P, The PUA, and Other Invaluable Shows to Motivate Before Going Out Xpl01Tr 21 4,487 09-13-2016 3:26 AM
Last Post: Xpl01Tr
  Fish oil doesn't benefit the brain, study shows Mtnjim 1 1,030 04-28-2010 9:21 PM
Last Post: Beccah
  Babies are born to boogie, study shows Mtnjim 1 990 03-23-2010 4:41 AM
Last Post: cosmomac