Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
question on oil vs alcohol vs silicone bases (and a bit of a tangent)
quickbrownfox
Checking out the place

Sex: Female

Rep Post

question on oil vs alcohol vs silicone bases (and a bit of a tangent)
03-15-2014 10:36 AM

Hi all,

Just about to make my first pheromone orders and I am super psyched to try them out! I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now and finally decided to go for it. I've picked out 2 from Love Potion: La Sylphide w/ La Femme Mystere (my sexy but social mone, seeing as it contains all of the mones in the Empathy blend and more) and OCCO Black (my full on sexy copulin mone that I will layer with the former as necessary, mostly around the boyfriend hehehehhee). I considered Blatant Invitation but it seems that I could get all the mones in that blend if I found an optimum combination of my 2 purchases. Unless they use different levels of each mone in different products?

I got them both as oils because perfume oils are my preferred kind. I would really like to try Leather or Dominance as a different flavor of social mone to La Femme Mystere but the base options confound me. What is normally the best base in terms of product preservation in the bottle and in terms of lasting on the wearer's skin? Oil, alcohol, silicone or one of the combinations? Is there no difference and simply up to wearer's preference in regards to perfume texture (e.g. I find oils to be very pleasing on the skin)?

I've decided to check out the opinions of more experience users before I purchase. Besides, being a 26 year old female introvert, I think using a dominating/aggressive mone might be too far out of my comfort zone in my first round of experiments.

I'll probably start with a drop of each product alone and escalate them till I find the right level and do the same when testing out a combination of both. I hear the chest/torso area is the best area to apply? I would love to hear from you all in whatever way. Answering my questions, making recommendations or just saying hi. Big Grin I do apologise for rambling on so but I AM SO EXCITED! IT IS TIME TO SCIENCE!

P.S: Anyone ever tried mones from a company called Pherone? I almost ordered from them because they look all scientific but no one here made any mention of them so I went along with the majority consensus.

Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad this forum exists. Smile
03-15-2014 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DWR
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: question on oil vs alcohol vs silicone bases (and a bit of a tangent)
03-15-2014 11:11 AM

What a great intro post, very thoughtful questions I wish I had the answer toSmile....guess I'll wait right along with you for some enlightenment.
03-15-2014 11:11 AM
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

03-15-2014 11:50 AM

Welcome quickbrownfox!

For your first question, Love Potion does use different ratios and levels of mones in each product.

For your second question all LP bases from my experience tend to last when stored well (cool dark place). There is a thread on their board about this. I have never had an issue with LPs going bad or changing or evaporating during storage and I have been playing with their products for at least a year and some months.

As far as lasting on the skin, I think it depends on your chemistry. Since her fragrances are artisinal they may change on your skin and morph. In that case some people recommend a DPG base as it is more fixative and will prevent the fragrance from morphing.

Regarding Pheromones lasting on your skin, I have never had a problem with them not lasting.

Regarding the other bases of oil/alcohol ratios, that is a personal preference. Some people like straight oils for warmer months as body heat = more diffusion of the scent and Pheromones. Some like sprays for colder months to increase scent and phero diffusion as lower body heat = less diffusion when using a straight oil. Also some prefer sprays for socials and oils for sexier blends because they stay closer to the body. Finally some people layer oils and sprays.

Application points again depends on your preference. I apply socials to my neck, chest, wrists, and hands. The same with romantic and social/sexual blends, but I apply sexual blends or blends with heavy cops underneath my clothing i.e. torso, groin, knees etc...

Hope others chime in and I hope this helps.

I have never heard of that company. I tend to stick with companies that have had positive reviews on this board as I have sunk a lot of money into mones that either didn't work or were mediocre.

But if you decide to try- report back!

(03-15-2014 10:36 AM)quickbrownfox Wrote:  Hi all,

Just about to make my first pheromone orders and I am super psyched to try them out! I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now and finally decided to go for it. I've picked out 2 from Love Potion: La Sylphide w/ La Femme Mystere (my sexy but social mone, seeing as it contains all of the mones in the Empathy blend and more) and OCCO Black (my full on sexy copulin mone that I will layer with the former as necessary, mostly around the boyfriend hehehehhee). I considered Blatant Invitation but it seems that I could get all the mones in that blend if I found an optimum combination of my 2 purchases. Unless they use different levels of each mone in different products?

I got them both as oils because perfume oils are my preferred kind. I would really like to try Leather or Dominance as a different flavor of social mone to La Femme Mystere but the base options confound me. What is normally the best base in terms of product preservation in the bottle and in terms of lasting on the wearer's skin? Oil, alcohol, silicone or one of the combinations? Is there no difference and simply up to wearer's preference in regards to perfume texture (e.g. I find oils to be very pleasing on the skin)?

I've decided to check out the opinions of more experience users before I purchase. Besides, being a 26 year old female introvert, I think using a dominating/aggressive mone might be too far out of my comfort zone in my first round of experiments.

I'll probably start with a drop of each product alone and escalate them till I find the right level and do the same when testing out a combination of both. I hear the chest/torso area is the best area to apply? I would love to hear from you all in whatever way. Answering my questions, making recommendations or just saying hi. Big Grin I do apologise for rambling on so but I AM SO EXCITED! IT IS TIME TO SCIENCE!

P.S: Anyone ever tried mones from a company called Pherone? I almost ordered from them because they look all scientific but no one here made any mention of them so I went along with the majority consensus.

Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad this forum exists. Smile

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 11:52 AM by Honeycake.)
03-15-2014 11:50 AM
quickbrownfox
Checking out the place

Rep Post

03-15-2014 10:37 PM

Thanks, Honeycake!

I place my order last night and I live in Brisbane, so I probably won't be able to science until at least 2 weeks later. Your bit about diffusion and climate will be very handy when I finally do get the mones and when I make future purchases.

Being a beginner, I think it would be a good idea to use oils and keep the diffusion circle close to me to begin with. That way I can make more detailed observations of the people in close proximity to me and use other people as a control group.

This promises to be a very interesting social experiment/self-exploratory journey/chemistry class (kind of) and there will be much maniacal cackling as I layer my pheromones.

jumpyjumpyjumpy
03-15-2014 10:37 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

03-17-2014 12:27 PM

You are welcome! Glad to be of help.

(03-15-2014 10:37 PM)quickbrownfox Wrote:  Thanks, Honeycake!

I place my order last night and I live in Brisbane, so I probably won't be able to science until at least 2 weeks later. Your bit about diffusion and climate will be very handy when I finally do get the mones and when I make future purchases.

Being a beginner, I think it would be a good idea to use oils and keep the diffusion circle close to me to begin with. That way I can make more detailed observations of the people in close proximity to me and use other people as a control group.

This promises to be a very interesting social experiment/self-exploratory journey/chemistry class (kind of) and there will be much maniacal cackling as I layer my pheromones.

jumpyjumpyjumpy

03-17-2014 12:27 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

03-18-2014 10:13 AM

YAY! Another excited experimentress! WELCOME! Big Grin

I for one LOVE LFM and La Sylphide is an exquisitely divine scent and VERY unique, I hope you love it too! OCCO Black is completely opposite to my nose, it's dark and chewy, resin-y spicy sweet YUM. And throw? Sheesh! That is a perfume with some MAD throw! (I have both in the oil base)

I admit I am a LP adoring fan. I have a handful of socials in the 40/60 spray but most of them are in oil. I like the way the oil feels too, which is part of my preference I guess. I like that it stays close to me but I have never had difficulty with throw.

The silicone based perfumes are intended to help keep your skin from absorbing the perfume, and like Honeycake mentioned, some people use them in the hopes of keeping the LP scent from morphing. LP doesn't use fixatives and your chemistry will play a large part on how their perfumes wear on you. If you read the threads on their site, the same perfumes behave differently on different people, even to the point with some perfumes that they smell different at different hours of wear. I have bought several that I know once they settle for an hour on my skin the following 6-8-or more hours are GLORIOUS! That's JUST the perfumes Laugh1 the pheromones do their job regardless, scented or unscented.

Alcohol bases evaporate more quickly - part of diffusion - but I've still applied them in the morning an had them last more than 8 hours some days. Now, add the humidity of summer months and you may need to tweak with reapplication but that's part of the fun.

For me? I lotion up with an unscented moisturizer after my shower and then apply mones prior to dressing and they literally last me ALL day - like 12 hours (I am an admitted slatherer....)

I wear them to work, I wear them to play, I wear them with family and most everyday....Heart

They are an accessory to YOU - so work 'em! ^_~

Again WELCOME and happy experimenting!

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
03-18-2014 10:13 AM
quickbrownfox
Checking out the place

Rep Post

03-24-2014 9:25 AM

I totally went and got a $25 coupon from Androtics Direct and ordered some MX335 (which is MX135 in grapefruit scent) and they gave me some TAC as a free gift. Fun times! Been experimenting with doses all day, can't wait for my LP oils to arrive.

Also, is this forum a pheromone journal type of forum like pheromonetalk? I like the idea of journalling and getting comments and advice on usage, but it's kinda dead over there. This forum is a lot livelier.
03-24-2014 9:25 AM
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Rep Post

03-24-2014 12:01 PM

Yes, it is. You can request access to the women's journal section.

(03-24-2014 9:25 AM)quickbrownfox Wrote:  I totally went and got a $25 coupon from Androtics Direct and ordered some MX335 (which is MX135 in grapefruit scent) and they gave me some TAC as a free gift. Fun times! Been experimenting with doses all day, can't wait for my Love Potion oils to arrive.

Also, is this forum a pheromone journal type of forum like pheromonetalk? I like the idea of journalling and getting comments and advice on usage, but it's kinda dead over there. This forum is a lot livelier.

03-24-2014 12:01 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

03-24-2014 12:08 PM

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-New-Members-Please-read

"There are several areas of the forum that are not available to new members and require minimum posting and/or time requirements before gaining access. These policies are in place to protect member privacy or to show appreciation to members who have contributed a great deal and are well respected among our members."

I believe access to journals falls under this. But I'd read around some more to be certain Smile

I think you'll be happy with LP Big Grin Can't wait to hear what you think!

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
03-24-2014 12:08 PM
quickbrownfox
Checking out the place

Rep Post

03-24-2014 5:33 PM

Oh yes, that's right, I remember seeing that and making a mental note. That mental note went out the window the moment I started researching reviews and reports. So easy to get sidetracked in this place.

Who's interested in my gender and location when you can read all about smelly cops?!

Will go introduce myself right now before I get lured away by someone's take on cover scents or something.jumpy
03-24-2014 5:33 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Layering phero's or cops in different bases? TearsOfJoy 8 3,871 08-29-2009 4:00 PM
Last Post: esmeralda