Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

acne/acne scarring and working out
dsouza

Sex: Male

Rep Post

acne/acne scarring and working out
06-02-2015 6:02 PM

Ever since I started androgel last year my body break out more.. This happens esp after resistance training.. Though I shower immediately I break out almost all over my back, shoulders, area. The acne has also left scarring on these areas.

I understand it could be hormonal imbalance , but it may also be diet related. I started a liver clean (mild) and found my skin improving as well as my ability to digest food etc.

Whatever the case I've used cleaners in the shower like aveeno, proactive, Neutrogena etc but find no help.

The acne and scarring refuses to go.. On aerobic days it does improve somewhat. I guess the cardio does many things unlike resistance training..

#1 it reduces stress, and stress causes breakouts and I have anxiety illness

#2 it reduces excess testosterone levels. Aerobic athletes are known for having lower test levels than people who train mostly with heavy weights

#3 it causes the skin to sweat a lot thereby opening up the pores and unclogging.

I have just started adding more aerobic activity like 30 min a day but I feel I still don't sweat.

My SO says nothing is improving the acne or scarring. I've even tried chemical peels and natural peels on my back which did remove it wonderfully TEMPORARILY but then after that my skin got sensitive and couldn't even tolerate proactive etc.

Anyone have any experience like mine? I want to know what you did to get rid of the acne. I am on meds for anxiety (clonazapem) and its chronic (Had it for 15 years).

dsouza

Dsouza

My Journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Dsouza-s-Jo...-Seduction

My Youtube Channel:: http://www.youtube.com/u2adrian1000
06-02-2015 6:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: acne/acne scarring and working out
06-03-2015 8:24 AM

No medical advice on an open forum, just my 2 cents - I'm medically trained and have vast expirience with acne and scarring though.

Stay away from the cleansers (Neutrogen, proclear etc.).

Best topical treatments are still the retionoids: Tretinoin, Tazaroten and Adapalene. Those are prescription creams in most countries (They are also necessary to traet the scarring)

Also Benzoylperoxid to kill bacteria and Azelaic acid. Prescription as well.

Other possible effective treatments are creams/gels or serums enriched with 4 -7% niacinamide (mild to moderate acne), which also increases collagen, hydration and ceramides.

Topical Vitamin C serums (10-20%) are effective in decreasing inflammation and will help diminish the scarring. Some topical plant extracts are promising - Green tea extract is widely available and a good choice to add to serums.

Imho the best, most gentle, effective and economical treatment for moderate acne-scarring is collagen induction therapy (aka derma-rolling/skin needling) - it needs preoperative treatment with vitamin a and c. There is tons of info all throughout the web about it.

Peelings however have not stood the test of time. Substances need to be very aggressive to achieve good results but it comes with alot of side effects (hyperpigmentation, potentially more scarring, light-sensitivity) - same goes for mechanical abrasions and lasers.

One publication on Lugol's iodine for scarring. No experiences here.

Elimination diet procedure to gauge he effect of nutrition on the outbreaks.
Some peptides in milk protein are proven to cause or aggravate acne. High glycemic food is also an issue.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 8:46 AM by GoergeFocky.)
06-03-2015 8:24 AM
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

06-03-2015 9:44 AM

By scarring, do you mean blemish or actual acne scarring (holes). I have both. From what I have read, the scarring is impossible to recover but it can be reduced with vitamin E. My dermatologist told me that he can remove a section from my behind my ear and use it on my scarring....hmmm, no thanks.
As for blemishes, I too, have tried many creams that supposedly improve blemishes. Either they did nothing or just minor improvement like you said. I have tried Salicylic Acid, Glycolic acid, etc.

Currently, I'm testing out aloe vera gel. Just today actually, I woke up, and realized the pimple on my side face is much less swollen than yesterday night (I applied it before going to sleep). To be honest, that was a coincidence! I was too lethargic and lazy to apply colloidal silver on the pimple (thanks to Kimo for introducing me to this!!...Hey Kimo, are you reading this? Smile ) and since I've been applying aloe vera gel on my face for 2 weeks now (testing to see if it would reduce acne blemishes), I thought I might as well put it on the pimple so I woke up surprised this morning. I will test it out further. This is the aloe vera I`m using: Aloe Vera

I believe the reason why I have the pimple is because I'm taking TestoFreak to increase my testosterone as my sexual drive is abnormally low. It's an open bottle that I have stopped using since last year because after 2 weeks of using it, it gave me a crazy breakout. Now I'm using it just for few days to increase testosterone a bit more but to stop before the major breakout.

I don't know exactly your acne situation so I will tell you briefly about mine so you could see what we have in common. I have been having acne problems since I was a teenager and I still haven't outgrown it. I used to get small ones all over my face but from early 20s to now, my face is clear with the exception of having a big pimple or two on my face every once in a while. They are big enough to be embarrassed about because they don't look "normal".
Shortly after I have joined PT in November, I stumbled upon Kimo's "alternative medicine" thread and he talked about colloidal silver. (You can start reading from post 4: HERE. Since CS seems to kill both good and bad bacteria, I thought maybe I could consume CS for few weeks, then take few weeks off, and so on. Basically, considering it a healthy alternative to the dermatologist's antibiotic. Long story short, currently I'm not consuming the CS internally anymore. I'm only applying it as a "on the spot" treatment. It's not magic but I believe it's reducing the pimple's size faster than Proactive's benzoyl peroxide. Shortly after, at a herbal store, I told one of the naturopath my story and she told me about oregano oil. She suggested that I could cycle oregano oil, CS and probiotics. The probiotics are there to replace the good bacteria that CS have killed. I bought oregano oil by NOW (image) and my ritual has been this:
- oregano oil twice a day (as they say on the label)
- probiotic once in a while
- milk thistle

Since then, I haven't had a pimple; except for the current one but I believe it's due to TestoFreak. Besides, it's not big like I normally do so I don't mind it (which again, even though I got a pimple, the fact that it's smaller than usual, shows that something is working.
Now I undrstand that to test something, you should test it solo. In my case, I should've only used oregano oil but when you are desperate for a solution, you just want the result without caring which is doing the job.

I have a feeling that it's the oregano oil that's doing the job because I have tried milk thistle in the past and it didn't help. It could be the probiotic as well but I still believe it's oregano oil because when you google it, they say it's anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and if I recall anti-inflammatory....all are attributes that my antibiotic used to do. Also on google, you will see articles on how oregano oil helps with acne.

All that to say: give oregano oil a try.

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
06-03-2015 9:44 AM
GoergeFocky
Serious Poster

Rep Post

06-03-2015 10:49 AM

Vitamin E has no proven effect on acne scarring - read the literature. It's a myth

That there is no way to treat scars is also plain wrong. I've stated the most common methods, there are even more. Skinneedling on light to moderate scarring is effective if done correctly and repeatedly.

The method your dermatologist suggestd is most likely "Recell" - a skin graft is prepared into a spray-like substance and applied to the lesions/scars. They have to be abrased beforehand. A method primarily used in treament of burn wounds. Expensive and hardly appropriate for moderate acne scars
06-03-2015 10:49 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

dsouza

Rep Post

06-03-2015 3:09 PM

I am now supplementing with Vit C.. I know I take in about 500 mg a day but I have read people low in C or under stress need more.. Perhaps 1000-3000 mg day may improve my immune system, thereby improving acne caused from stress/allergy.

I am now going to take only cold showers.. I know it can be uncomfortable but I read hot or warm showers dry up the skin causing the body to secret more oil.. More oil = more clogged up pores and chances of acne getting worse..

Also believe it or not I was reading how Head and SHoulders classic clean shampoo contains zinc pyrithione which helped many people say they vanished bacne. I do find it helping more than the other cleansers. Dove body wash for sensitive skin may also be an alternative next on my list.

Not too sure what else to do. I find after sex my test levels shoot up and I break out... I also use mones which are known to increase cortisol in the body like l2k v1... I don't know if such mones are making an impact.. increased cortisol levels will liken acne to happen more since more stress.

Others mones like AM may increase test as high none, higher test increases androgens and larger chance of acne breakouts too.

I never have problems with mones like wolf , api, a314... they alpha mones (anxiety killers) keep my skin clear.. But eventually I want to fuck...

smh..

dsouza

Edit June 4:noticed API great for skin and reduced anxiety. One solution is to wear it most days of week and then only party or date night switch to sexuals . Wolf is also an alpha but doesn't have same relaxing effect on my mind and skin.

Dsouza

My Journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Dsouza-s-Jo...-Seduction

My Youtube Channel:: http://www.youtube.com/u2adrian1000
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 5:52 AM by dsouza.)
06-03-2015 3:09 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Acne Anastazia 4 2,674 11-10-2011 9:33 PM
Last Post: Alpha Dream