Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Work Mix Suggestion
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 221
Thanks received:
645 thanks in 325 posts

RE: Work Mix Suggestion
08-30-2016 11:14 AM

(08-29-2016 2:28 PM)RoyalWvlf Wrote:  I work in software around a bunch of grump developers and management that doesnt understand shit. It's very cliquey and sometimes trying to break down barriers is hard.

(08-29-2016 2:28 PM)RoyalWvlf Wrote:  Most of the stuff ive tried at work makes me come across as way too full or sure of myself..

Maybe it's not the mones.

Regardless of how true your statements may be, your statements are that everyone else is inferior. If that's true, they may be able to pick up on that. I'd put up a wall, too, if someone who thought I didn't know shit, but was trying to bust into my domain.

Here's my bias: I've met a lot of guys who dressed well, drove a nice car, etc, but they had no depth. They'd show up with an attitude of superiority, supported by neither experience nor helpful ideas. They were all sizzle, no steak. I say this to show that it doesn't matter if you have a crapton of experience and helpful ideas if everyone thinks you're one of Those Guys. It might help you to break past that image, first.
08-30-2016 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MakeShift37
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks received:
87 thanks in 41 posts

08-30-2016 2:27 PM

In this case, it is best to rely on your own social interactions to accomplish something.
You might need to make some changes, which is a good thing.

I don't categorize pheromone products by alpha, sexual, social, etc.

Such characteristics, I believe, are dependent on the user.
One must act how they want to or choose to, regardless of the pheromone product.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 2:28 PM by MakeShift37.)
08-30-2016 2:27 PM
RoyalWvlf
WOLF

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 15 posts

08-30-2016 7:31 PM

(08-30-2016 11:14 AM)BarefootOxford Wrote:  
(08-29-2016 2:28 PM)RoyalWvlf Wrote:  Most of the stuff ive tried at work makes me come across as way too full or sure of myself..

Maybe it's not the mones.

Regardless of how true your statements may be, your statements are that everyone else is inferior. If that's true, they may be able to pick up on that. I'd put up a wall, too, if someone who thought I didn't know shit, but was trying to bust into my domain.

Here's my bias: I've met a lot of guys who dressed well, drove a nice car, etc, but they had no depth. They'd show up with an attitude of superiority, supported by neither experience nor helpful ideas. They were all sizzle, no steak. I say this to show that it doesn't matter if you have a crapton of experience and helpful ideas if everyone thinks you're one of Those Guys. It might help you to break past that image, first.

I think my first post came across as a bit harsh and in trying to paint a picture in a few statements, i may have sounded like an asshole. I apologize if thats the image I brought across. I work with some brilliant people and the bulk of them are the "beta" personality type developers I mention.. My management are usually the average cocky silver spoon fed ivy league folks who speak in buzzwords with no true domain knowledge & throw their weight around.. Bullying etc..

As a guy who can play both sides of the board, i find it hard to bond... Cuz im not an asshole like the executives and have been a professional in my field for years and worked for everything I have... And then with the devs, I'm a guy they kinda look up to as the "cool guy" n again due to the way that I carry myself. Im still fun enough to get on their level, and can relate because I like all things geek too. Hopefully that paints a better picture... I find it hard to be truly respected beyond the "cool guy" persona. My issue is, my lifestyle and everything else is what theyre more interested in than my intellect.... Which when i talk about code or computers theyd rather ask about where i got my shoes, what im going do next to the car, or if i can help them talk to a girl in the building.

The issue isnt who they or I are, but the fact that I find it hard to make connections that arent superficial. Outside of my daily gig though, my persona usually is what walks me through doors. I think its also the particular place i work. I used to work in the city n now at a smaller startup, so im very much "city" and alot of these guys are more "small home town" mentality. I think its just a big difference in where we came from...

Weapons: Xyxgun

APEX: Orbital, Imprint, M3X
LAL: Bad Wolf, Aqua Vitae Gel, Dirty Primitive, Nude Alpha, OD*,
PT: The Hookup, Grail Of Affection, Treasureful Shine, Latina*, Alpha Treasures*
PXS: Xist Oil, Connections, Ascend, SOB, Celebrity, Brute, Bliss,
A-1, Taboo*, Evolve*, Mascot*, Vibe*, Crush*
LS: New Pheromone Additive Oil
HAX: Holy Grail, Element X, Alien

*Samples
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 7:32 PM by RoyalWvlf.)
08-30-2016 7:31 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 897
Thanks received:
596 thanks in 321 posts

08-31-2016 11:36 AM

Based on that much more through explanation and what you already have and tested, I would sway you more toward a social or even A-1. A-1 on me, allows my peers to have a sense of less barriers. I'm more approachable and still "endearing". Also, HypnoticaSocial. This product I discounted for almost half a year. Although I haven't taken it out as much as I woulda liked, this product delivers. Peers keep their distance but still keep a happy medium of acknowledgement and cooperativeness.

Id also try and make yourself more vulnerable to these guys. It seems like they may view you as an impenetrable force. I find that being vulnerable in an ownership almost positive way helps people to respect me more but still see me as a leader. I was amazed at how "owning my faults" in a story or two can go.

Rehearse the story a bit, though. This helped me shave down the boring and still keep the purpose focused. Hope this helps.
08-31-2016 11:36 AM
Thanks given by BarefootOxford
RoyalWvlf
WOLF

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 15 posts

08-31-2016 3:03 PM

(08-31-2016 11:36 AM)Spars Wrote:  Based on that much more through explanation and what you already have and tested, I would sway you more toward a social or even A-1. A-1 on me, allows my peers to have a sense of less barriers. I'm more approachable and still "endearing". Also, HypnoticaSocial. This product I discounted for almost half a year. Although I haven't taken it out as much as I woulda liked, this product delivers. Peers keep their distance but still keep a happy medium of acknowledgement and cooperativeness.

Id also try and make yourself more vulnerable to these guys. It seems like they may view you as an impenetrable force. I find that being vulnerable in an ownership almost positive way helps people to respect me more but still see me as a leader. I was amazed at how "owning my faults" in a story or two can go.

Rehearse the story a bit, though. This helped me shave down the boring and still keep the purpose focused. Hope this helps.

Spars... Thank you for your commentary.. I figured socials would fair better in a sutation like this. For socials I have style, orbital, connections, and a few samples. I've always looked at By Hypnotica, but had some luck with voodoo when i tested it briefly.

Does Hypnotica give you selfies? Do you stack it with anything? Also, what else have you tried social wise that you figured Hypnotica was the best?

Weapons: Xyxgun

APEX: Orbital, Imprint, M3X
LAL: Bad Wolf, Aqua Vitae Gel, Dirty Primitive, Nude Alpha, OD*,
PT: The Hookup, Grail Of Affection, Treasureful Shine, Latina*, Alpha Treasures*
PXS: Xist Oil, Connections, Ascend, SOB, Celebrity, Brute, Bliss,
A-1, Taboo*, Evolve*, Mascot*, Vibe*, Crush*
LS: New Pheromone Additive Oil
HAX: Holy Grail, Element X, Alien

*Samples
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 9:24 PM by RoyalWvlf.)
08-31-2016 3:03 PM
Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 897
Thanks received:
596 thanks in 321 posts

09-01-2016 9:04 AM

Core, style, cv2, cv4, orbital, Wolf, and the list goes on...

These are just slight testing though. Excited to try out types of opinions. I'm taking a personal step back and focusing on products on an individual level, with occasional "mad scientist" outings. I suggest you pull the term "stack" from your present vocabulary. HS does seem to make me a more "bright" person. I'm generally happier and can see the bright side with less effort. CORE, in its base form, slugs me out and makes me feel drained. I'm looking in to what it does by itself and I'm sort of having a tough time. CV2 for me was kind of a dud. CV4 didn't glam enough for me. But again, these were mild testing opportunities aren't even close to full reviews.

"Your results may vary."
09-01-2016 9:04 AM
BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 221
Thanks received:
645 thanks in 325 posts

09-01-2016 9:10 AM

(08-30-2016 7:31 PM)RoyalWvlf Wrote:  I think my first post came across as a bit harsh and in trying to paint a picture in a few statements, i may have sounded like an asshole. I apologize if thats the image I brought across. I work with some brilliant people and the bulk of them are the "beta" personality type developers I mention.. My management are usually the average cocky silver spoon fed ivy league folks who speak in buzzwords with no true domain knowledge & throw their weight around.. Bullying etc..

You did! But that's OK: the Internet is almost the lowest-quality communication medium available.

(08-30-2016 7:31 PM)RoyalWvlf Wrote:  As a guy who can play both sides of the board, i find it hard to bond...

Human beings are tribal creatures, forming bonds with their brothers. Management and individual contributors tend to be different tribes, and that seems to be very much what you describe. Since you're not committing to either group, you're an outsider to both, but you want in-group privileges (respect, bonding, trust). To get those, you're going to have to work long and hard to develop those relationships with each side. While you're building those relationships, you have to be absolutely committed to 100% above-board honesty and giving respect to both teams. When you tell one side that you'll do X for them with the other group, you do it. You can't prefer one group over the other. You can't ever perform a subversive or covert act for either side: doing so will lose the trust of both sides. So when management asks you to gather dirt or share rumors or act against the developers' interests, you have to decline, but in such a way that they understand you are ethically unmoveable.

Since you're not a member of their tribe, you have to give them another reason to trust you. The best reason I've found for that is having uncompromising ethics. If they know that you'll be straight in every interaction, trust is nearly inevitable.

If you can't do it, pick a side and commit: trying to split the difference will lead to failure in both efforts. "The man who chases two rabbits loses both." or "Don't half-ass two things: just whole-ass one."
09-01-2016 9:10 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread