Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Why mosquitos bite some people and not others
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Why mosquitos bite some people and not others
07-03-2014 12:01 AM

I found this interesting. Especially that malarial mosquitos are attracted to the scent of Limburger cheese.

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/01/why_mosq...s_partner/

[Image: Example.jpg]
07-03-2014 12:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Akelah
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Why mosquitos bite some people and not others
07-03-2014 1:07 AM

That is interesting.
But (not to sound miss sceptical) I believe there's more to that. Usually babies and children are more often bitten than adults right? Do they sweat more and shower less? And I believe that we, with our daily shower costume, are no less bitten than other cultures that shower once a week.

I am a victim of mosquitoes. Usually one can be safe if in the same room as me. I'll be the only one bitten.. Multiple times! I barely sweat and I shower more than most people!

I always looked for an answer, and saw many theories, as blood sugar, skin care products, etc.
Ultimately I started analysing those other people I know who are mosquitoes victims as well, specially the ones that are bitten instead of me.

And I found out a very simple thing in common: high body basal temperatures. We all shower on very hot water, we all have significant other saying "you're a heat source when you sleep", and when we measure our temperature 37-37.5C is normal and not a light fever. And of course, babies and infants have usually an higher body temperature.

This is my theory lol. Not proven Smile just me two scents

*** My journal at http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Akelah-s-jo...n=lastpost
07-03-2014 1:07 AM
KonichiwaChitsu
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

07-10-2014 11:05 PM

I do know one thing for certain is that your blood is less appealing to Mosquitos when you've been drinking. I have proved this.
07-10-2014 11:05 PM
wiserd

Rep Post

07-11-2014 3:23 AM

I'm not (and the article is not) saying that this is all there is to it. Heat, CO2, lactic acid, etc. all are attractants. There are also natural human mosquito repellants.

So no disagreement.

There are a huge number of attractants and repellants.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 3:30 AM by wiserd.)
07-11-2014 3:23 AM
Isis
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

08-06-2014 8:22 PM

(07-03-2014 1:07 AM)Akelah Wrote:  That is interesting.
But (not to sound miss sceptical) I believe there's more to that. Usually babies and children are more often bitten than adults right? Do they sweat more and shower less? And I believe that we, with our daily shower costume, are no less bitten than other cultures that shower once a week.

I am a victim of mosquitoes. Usually one can be safe if in the same room as me. I'll be the only one bitten.. Multiple times! I barely sweat and I shower more than most people!

I always looked for an answer, and saw many theories, as blood sugar, skin care products, etc.
Ultimately I started analysing those other people I know who are mosquitoes victims as well, specially the ones that are bitten instead of me.

And I found out a very simple thing in common: high body basal temperatures. We all shower on very hot water, we all have significant other saying "you're a heat source when you sleep", and when we measure our temperature 37-37.5C is normal and not a light fever. And of course, babies and infants have usually an higher body temperature.

This is my theory lol. Not proven Smile just me two scents

Interesting! I'm a mosquito and flea magnet! My basal body tempterature is usually 98.5 F which I think is the equivalent of 37C...though I always thought that was a normal body temperature until my BF was concerned when I read my basal body temp. He also calls me a mini heater in the winter. I shower in very hot water as well. But I suffer from cold hands and feet. Nor do I have a fast metabolism that supposedly people who run warm have.
08-06-2014 8:22 PM

stefdude

Rep Post

08-08-2014 6:07 AM

(08-06-2014 8:22 PM)Isis Wrote:  Interesting! I'm a mosquito and flea magnet! My basal body tempterature is usually 98.5 F which I think is the equivalent of 37C...though I always thought that was a normal body temperature until my BF was concerned when I read my basal body temp. He also calls me a mini heater in the winter. I shower in very hot water as well. But I suffer from cold hands and feet. Nor do I have a fast metabolism that supposedly people who run warm have.

Well you just described my gf.She is a mosquito magnet, mini heater, cold feet and not fast metabolism.They could be related all those characteristics.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
08-08-2014 6:07 AM
moe

Rep Post

08-08-2014 7:07 AM

don't know if mine is a mosquito magnet but she's also a mini heater and has always cold feet. I get very warm in just a minute when lying next to her

Pheromone Xs:
Evolve, Mascot, Barely Legal, Taboo, Flirt, SOB, Connections, Love Boat, Bliss
Alpha Dreams:
AM, Corpo
Liquid Alchemy Labs:
NA, Wolf, AV, DP
Apex:
Style, M3X, Atlas, Tusc, Titan
Androtics:
A314, P130,TAC
Pheromone Treasures:
-
A1

08-08-2014 7:07 AM
wiserd

Rep Post

08-09-2014 11:46 PM

(08-06-2014 8:22 PM)Isis Wrote:  Interesting! I'm a mosquito and flea magnet! My basal body tempterature is usually 98.5 F which I think is the equivalent of 37C...though I always thought that was a normal body temperature until my BF was concerned when I read my basal body temp. He also calls me a mini heater in the winter. I shower in very hot water as well. But I suffer from cold hands and feet. Nor do I have a fast metabolism that supposedly people who run warm have.

Yeah, 98.6 used to be considered normal. They changed it slightly a little while back, but I have no idea why your bf was concerned.

08-09-2014 11:46 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

08-10-2014 12:05 PM

I run incredibly warm and sweat constantly, yet I can't say mosquitos, or any insects for that matter, ever end up biting me, and it's been this way for years.

I've noticed insects never bite me on dissociatives either. I wonder if there's some link between NMDA antagonism and reduced incidence of mosquito bites? Note: alcohol is a mild NMDA antagonist.

Along with that, wearing birch tar soap on a daily basis has completely eliminated the incidence of bites. Birch tar is known as a natural insect repellent. Could it have some marked pheromonal effect? It's very possible, I'd imagine.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 12:06 PM by Ekscentra.)
08-10-2014 12:05 PM

lux
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

07-23-2017 5:22 PM

Guys,

I went to the forest with a pheromone perfume and I was attacked by hundreds of mosquitos, aggressive like I've never seen before.

There was a cloud of them around me, I'd like to post a thread about the experience but I don't have the rights yet, anyone can help?
07-23-2017 5:22 PM

Share This Thread