Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Who the Hell are all these guests?
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Who the Hell are all these guests?
07-01-2010 8:11 AM

In case anyone has noticed, more often than not, when new threads are posted we have up to guests almost immediately reading the thread, then they all disappear within a few minutes.

This had me rather curious and I've been looking into it. Almost all of these guests I.P's track back to Microsoft, Google, AOL, or other search engines. But, they are not listed anywhere as official bots or spiders, and do not announce themselves as such.

So, IDK maybe they are experimental bots or next gen. But, they are most for sure some sort of bot, crawling and indexing, and doing what bots do.

What strikes me as a bit odd is that they are on it literally seconds after the thread posts, whether or not any bots are showing in the Who's Online.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-01-2010 8:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tezza23
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Who the Hell are all these guests?
07-01-2010 8:38 AM

Skynet. Searching for technology to make its Terminators seem more human. Eek
07-01-2010 8:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

07-01-2010 9:15 AM

(07-01-2010 8:38 AM)tezza23 Wrote:  Skynet. Searching for technology to make its Terminators seem more human. Eek

Did you see my Google Skynet thread? http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Thought-the...ght=skynet

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-01-2010 9:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

07-03-2010 7:15 PM

Ahh, found the answer. It has to to with the tweets to Twitter. Twitter places "No Follow" follow tags on their site to prevent bots from following external links, but there are those that ignore the tags.

Twiceler is supposed to be quite unruly in following site guidelines and can be a real resource hog. I found reports from others claiming that Twiceler would hammer their sites with as many as 15 different bots in 30 seconds and take servers to their knees.

I checked where we rank with the Twiceler search engine, and we don't. So I blocked the little bastard and it shouldn't be around anymore.

07-03-2010 7:15 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread