Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What not to do?
theLaw

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 320
Thanks received:
1357 thanks in 615 posts

RE: What not to do?
09-01-2016 12:43 PM

@pinacolada

My post was a bridge too far.

Although I stand behind the sentiment, sometimes my execution can be a bit harsh.

My apologies.

Best of luck!Good

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 1:18 PM by theLaw.)
09-01-2016 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1844
Thanks received:
4848 thanks in 1994 posts

09-01-2016 1:18 PM

(09-01-2016 12:43 PM)theLaw Wrote:  Mark is right....my post was a bridge too far.

Huh? confused You do know that nothing in my post was directed at you, right?

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
09-01-2016 1:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
theLaw

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 320
Thanks received:
1357 thanks in 615 posts

09-01-2016 1:34 PM

(09-01-2016 1:18 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Huh? confused You do know that nothing in my post was directed at you, right?

Yes. I was referring to speaking for another member.

Even if I disagree with a member's statements, I shouldn't speak for them.

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
09-01-2016 1:34 PM
metaltree
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 656
Thanks received:
790 thanks in 368 posts

09-01-2016 3:30 PM

Food for thought - what about a Newbie section where all the redundant questions go?

Is it technically possible to set something up where any user with over 500 reputation points could move any thread into the newbie section?
09-01-2016 3:30 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1844
Thanks received:
4848 thanks in 1994 posts

09-01-2016 5:06 PM

(09-01-2016 3:30 PM)metaltree Wrote:  Food for thought - what about a Newbie section where all the redundant questions go?

We already have one: FAQ's, Tips and Tricks for New Members and/or New Pheromone Users

(09-01-2016 3:30 PM)metaltree Wrote:  Is it technically possible to set something up where any user with over 500 reputation points could move any thread into the newbie section?

Pretty much anything is possible, but this would not at all easy to do and would require substantial modifications to a number of core files. I would rather look for some volunteer Moderators to appoint, but I really don't want to just move duplicate threads into a newbie forum either and end up with dozens or hundreds of duplicate threads that just end up getting ignored anyway.

Awhile back an idea was floated of limiting newer users to only being able to post threads in the Newbie section until they had X number of posts or time on the forum, which might be something to reconsider, but my concern with doing that is that newbies would just post the same old worn out questions in other peoples threads anyway.

We could limit all posting to the Newbie section for awhile, but let's be honest, how many of you guys would still be here today had that been forum policy when you joined?

I don't like the idea of clipping anyone's wings, but I also understand that seeing the same questions get asked over and over is frustrating and irritating to those that have been around for awhile.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
09-01-2016 5:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by metaltree, Spars, polarvoid, Shyguy1337, Asian_guy_in_Taiwan

Mars82

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2080
Thanks received:
1943 thanks in 915 posts

09-02-2016 12:52 AM

(09-01-2016 9:25 AM)Serenity27 Wrote:  I'm not sure how you can see that from just a short post in a forum but are you thinking about anything in particular?

I hope that your question was not sarcasm. I was just trying to be helpful as we at one time or another (and even up to now) need to work on ourselves and our personalities. But since you asked, how about these posts that you made:

"Confidence is certainly something that I have to work on but I'm not sure how. I was bullied a lot when I was younger and now 10+ years later I still have very deep emotional scars. I'm not even sure that I have enough self esteem to know what it is. "

"Thank you for the suggestions. I am already talking to a therapist but it doesn't seem to help."

I might be wrong, but reading between the lines (my interpretation at least) and the advice given by Spars (who tried to help you there, but to whom you were sarcastic here), I made that comment. I'm not judging. I was just trying to be a bit helpful and give some advice. If you don't like it, there's nothing I can do.

LAL:
Nude Alpha, Hypnotica Social, Aqua Vitae, Wolf, LAL Androstadienone, Overdose, Lucky 7*

PheromoneXS:
Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Exotica, Connections, Bliss*, Vibe*, FlirtXS*, XS99 Beta, XS100 Beta, XiSt, 106B, APi*, XS111 Beta Love Boat, XS112 Beta Crush, Taboo

Apex Pheromones:
Core Fury, Imprint, Dionysos Fury, Core V2 Arc, Praetoria Arc, Cutlass*, M3X, Core V4, Style 2.0, Rone Warrior*, Manimal, Tusc Green*, Supafly*, Sex Magnet, Chamber 36

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Journey-to-Mars

"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the spider to the fly.

Pheromones won't work if you keep thinking that they don't work.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 1:06 AM by Mars82.)
09-02-2016 12:52 AM
Thanks given by Spars
LoveInSpain
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 619
Thanks received:
509 thanks in 213 posts

09-02-2016 4:47 AM

(08-30-2016 3:09 PM)Serenity27 Wrote:  I still have the feeling that this pheromone stuff is mostly just a placebo effect. People seem happy to buy something where they don't even know what the contents are. Not very scientific. I also have the feeling that many "hits" would have happened without so called pheromones. I guess I will have to test it for myself to be sure.

So .... you don't want to spend the time to look through the forum to find the answers to your questions. But in any case, having not read anything, you believe that we have all been spending our money and time with magic snake oil.

Are you not aware of the immature arrogance which you have projected on this forum?

Do yourself a favour, don't waste your money on mones. No product can help a negative attitude.

Sex and Mones and Rock'n'Roll....
09-02-2016 4:47 AM
Thanks given by Spars, Mars82, Shyguy1337
leon333
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 65
Thanks received:
503 thanks in 253 posts

09-02-2016 4:59 AM

hmmm..seriously you guys shouldn't be too harsh with newbies,remember we used to be newbies too.it's ok to ask questions if you're new to pheromones,but try to limit repetitive questions..that could irritate alot of users here.use the search button and read a lot,you'll learn alot of things and have fun
09-02-2016 4:59 AM
Thanks given by Diegoboy, Asian_guy_in_Taiwan
Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 906
Thanks received:
612 thanks in 324 posts

09-02-2016 5:30 AM

I'm with Mark...something needs to happen. He had me at limiting newbies. This is a good place to start. I find myself becoming more of a lurker and less of a poster because of my frustrations with the newbie crowd, that comes and goes.
09-02-2016 5:30 AM

Alphonse
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 79
Thanks received:
709 thanks in 232 posts

09-02-2016 7:27 AM

What works on other forums I frequent is:

1) Closing duplicate threads. Someone asks how to get their girlfriend back, point them to the relevant sticky and close the thread. People will try to get past this by claiming their situation is unique ("but she only got one leg!"), but let's be honest, they are all the same. Similarly, what combo shall I wear for this thing. Close them down and point them to the relevant thread on single product testing.

2) Ban the non-contributers and whiny noobs who think people are elitist meanies because we don't want to take time out of our lives to satisfy their desperate need for answers they can easily discover for themselves.

3) Limit noobs from starting threads, and ban them if they try to get round this by posting questions in threads that clearly have nothing to do with their questions

Frankly I am getting sick of coming here and having to read posts from needy and useless posters who vomit their passive-aggressive touchy-feely safe-space-needing NoobLivesMatter bullshit every time they are triggered by someone teling them to do some work.

A.
09-02-2016 7:27 AM
Thanks given by polarvoid, BarefootOxford, Ekscentra, Mars82, Spars

Share This Thread