Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good "deathbed" (and after) mix?
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

RE: What is a good "deathbed" (and after) mix?
01-29-2010 1:16 AM

I need to thank all of you for your very kind and caring thoughts, words and suggestions, they really meant a lot to me, more than you could know Heart

She passed away on Friday, Jan. 8 at 9:20am Hawaii time, and it was very peaceful. Just kind of breathed out, and didn't breathe in again. I went to go stay there after I got the word, after I left that post. There is no electricity or Internet there (propane appliances, pretty nice actually), so I could not post, and when I got back, I wasn't really ready to talk about it yet.

I had stayed there constantly until Friday morning, when I thought I could sneak away for an hour or two to take care of some responsibilities at work that I had to handle personally. I left at 9:00am, and she passed just 20 minutes later. I was a little upset because I wanted to be with her, but perhaps she did not want that.

The shocking part about it is that only 2 months prior, she was a totally healthy (at least as far as she knew), active and sexy 82 year old. You would not have ever believed she was not in her late 50's or early 60's at the most, long black hair down to her butt, no gray (and not dyed, completely natural), that she would wear in a high flippy long ponytail. She had a figure to match, and delighted in shocking people on her birthdays by asking them to guess how old she was (and then telling them). She dressed youthfully in the latest styles (yes even the faded low rise jeans), ate only (or mostly) organic, and went hiking a lot. She was in better shape than many people half her age, and everyone thought she would be one of those people who would live to be 110. She still got glances from men driving by whenever we went walking in town.

I think that once she knew there was no hope, that it could not be halted in any way, she kind of gave up, and just waited to die.

It wasn't so bad for her because she had a very strong faith, she wasn't afraid, because, as she said, "I know where I'm going".

I found out later that two of her sisters had had ovarian cancer, one died from it, and the other, forewarned, got checked regularly and nipped it in the bud when it appeared. I don't know why she didn't get herself checked regularly, she must have known about her sisters. Maybe it just didn't occur to her.

And I ended up not using any Pheromones at all while I was there, btw.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 1:21 AM by Sillykitty.)
01-29-2010 1:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-29-2010 5:58 AM

Ahhh I am so sorry SK, My deepest condolences. I know how hard this is having just been through it myself. I am sure she is at peace now and she knows you where there for her. Look for the signs she will send them.

Tisha
01-29-2010 5:58 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

01-29-2010 7:41 AM

(((((Sillykitty))))) I'm sorry for your loss and you have my deepest condolences.  Know that she is in a better place and free of pain though.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-29-2010 7:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

01-29-2010 1:36 PM

SillyKitty, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Take your time and let the flow go where ever it goes. I agree with the others that pheromones wouldn't have helped much. I say go pherofree for a while until you feel ready. When you do, throw on your favorite fun time party mix and go out with your friends and enjoy life for both you and your step mother. Smile

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
01-29-2010 1:36 PM
Willow
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-29-2010 6:08 PM

Sillykitty, my condolences to you and your family. Glad to see you feel up to telling us about it.
01-29-2010 6:08 PM

Share This Thread