Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UnderCover with Cologne
thundr
calm like a bomb

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 3020
Thanks received:
5537 thanks in 1002 posts

UnderCover with Cologne
04-30-2012 6:56 PM

I feel this may be of use to some, while others maybe not so much.

In an effort to purchase the best colognes to attract women and smell good, us men should have a certain understanding of them. We can ask the ladies for advice and opinions but a certain level of backbone comes into play here on your own final decisions. Gonna try a bit to help out my bros. Here goes..

It's a bit difficult to recommend a good cologne to someone. It can be best summarized that it's a combo of what smells good TO you and what smells good ON you. Sadly those do not always agree. Similar to pheromones, it isn't primarily the cologne itself that attracts the women. It is the composition of the cologne that mixes with your existing body chemistry that attracts. Everyone's body chemistry is different and what smells good on some dude may not smell good on you and vice versa.

I could list hundreds of colognes out there but I think I'm going to keep it basic for now. Here's where I'm going to get a bit opinionated. Agree with me or not it doesn't matter because I'm not the one buying it for you so I really don't care. LOL

Throw out the spicy, floral, and strong herbal scents. While some may smell ok, its rare for average man to know how to use these advanced scents correctly. Most are too strong and are you really interested in smelling like grandma's flowerbed? If you just answered yes then please stop reading now.

Stay away from Eau de Parfum and Parfum concentrations if you are inexperienced as well. The concentrations of perfume oil and alcohol is too high. Many men will apply waaaay too much and the objective is to attract girls, not choke them out. Eau de Cologne and Eau de Toilettes are better choices as the concentrations of oil to alcohol are lower. All you need is a simple spray or two total at the wrists, neck, and/or ears.

Now I'm going to go over a few types that make good choices. Orange, lemon, lime scents are my favorite to use. They are hard to OD on and give off a fresh scent without smelling all tootie fruity. I'm a bit partial to fruit smells anyway both on me and my girls. There's something very sexual in fruit.

My next favorite are the marine, beach, and ocean smells. Coolwater is an oldie but goodie that I still rock occasionally. These are fresh and clean smelling and are light enough to not overpower your date or burn your eyes in the truck.

Next, the fougeres of today have herbal, green and animal notes. They all tend to have a bitter and woody fern thing going on. Notes of lavender and bergamot are usually present. The accords are oak moss and tonka bean. They are very popular yet I personally am not a big fan. Some dudes can pull them off but they don't mix well with me always. The one's I can rock are ace for me though.

Chypres. These are the earthier smelling scents that originate from the mediterranean. Warm, mossy and woody which contrasts the citrus notes, and a certain bitterness on the dry up. The accord consists of: Citrus, oak moss, patchouli, and musk. I can usually wear these lightly even though I'm not a big fan of the smells.

Finally I want to address skin types. Men with dry skin can handle stronger colognes because the oils are not mixing with the cologne as much. Fougeres and chypres are good choices. You will have to apply slightly more of citrus and marine scents.

If you have oily skin then the opposite is true. Your natural oils will help bring forth marine and citrus scents. Use chypre and fougere very light.

So that's all I got. Look, I work in medicine.. not at the Macy's counter. LOL Hope this helps a few of you guys out there make some good decisions.

Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Riders-On-The-Storm
04-30-2012 6:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by eyeofra, Pheroman, Rattlesnake, as33156, zerosix85
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
UnderCover with Cologne - thundr - 04-30-2012 6:56 PM
RE: UnderCover with Cologne - Pheroman - 05-01-2012, 5:50 AM
RE: UnderCover with Cologne - thundr - 05-01-2012, 6:15 AM
RE: UnderCover with Cologne - dsouza - 05-01-2012, 6:37 AM
RE: UnderCover with Cologne - Pheroman - 05-01-2012, 6:50 PM
RE: UnderCover with Cologne - thundr - 05-01-2012, 7:03 PM