Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two competing theories addressing cyclic variations in response to androstenone
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
478 thanks in 198 posts

RE: Two competing theories addressing cyclic variations in response to Androstanone
04-07-2010 3:22 PM

Grammer, K. (1993) 5 a androst 16en 3a on: A male pheromone? a brief report. Ethology and Sociobiology, 14, 201 208. -- presents evidence that human female's perceptions of the smell of androstenone from males varies over their cycle, which is interpreted as consistent with the loss of estrus serving to facilitate copulations outside of the pair bond. The negative rating of androstenone changes to a neutral response at the conceptive optimum around ovulation, which may facilitate female mate choice.

Because many products incorporate androstenone, I hope someone can find even a shred of evidence from a human study that suggests it is a human pheromone. Anecdotal evidence aside, who was the first to use it in a product and claim that it was a human pheromone. My research, beginning in the mid-1980's led me to avoid it, and I've seen nothing since then that would change my mind. What are product users reading that I'm not?

James V. Kohl
http://www.pheromones.com

(03-10-2010 4:20 PM)cosmomac Wrote:  Well there's so much to learn.

Muy interesane. Muchas gracias.

(I hope Kohl weighs in as well.)
04-07-2010 3:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Snoopyace, yetis

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two competing theories addressing cyclic variations in response to Androstanone - jvkohl - 04-07-2010 3:22 PM