Jrock, sadly, I do agree with what you said. I should have checked my parcel immediately, however the problem would still persist regardless of whether I checked my parcel or not.
As for "the other side of the story" you can go read my post where I was talking about the $70 shipping charge. I think you can find some contents in there.
I don't need and I'm not asking TP for any replacements. I don't think they'll even bother or care. With the kind of response I got. Look at my post concerning the $70 charge. Do you see Nikk trying to contact me any further even though I was trying to reach her? I had to sort things out with Demetra. From what I see, all they're interested in is grabbing market share with low prices, getting their name out by sponsoring this and that. Its good that through what they're doing, this forum garners additional support, and their aggressive selling tactics keeps the other companies on their toes but that's all it seems to me. A company that's trying to be known for and gaining market share through low prices but just that. And people will buy that, they just have to be prepared for screw ups, but what the heck, things are cheap. Even I'd buy, and I did
Some points to note where my opinion differs
1) Upfront about $70 means informing customers that certain areas require an additional charge. Not after them buying. And $70 is almost equivalent to 6 bottles of Pheromones from TP during a 50% sale. It doesn't sound very cheap then since I'm topping up that amount.
2) Why do I hear that others in my country are getting their shipments for free and I don't? Its pretty damn darn ridiculous.
3) I wouldn't mind waiting for my order if shipping was free as stated. My first order from TP took over a month to get to me (if I don't recall wrongly I don't think I complained here but I did complain quite a bit to my phero buddies), but that was kinda alright still because I sort of expected it already, but hey, it was free shipping.
4) If I paid an additional premium, I would appreciate if there weren't any screw ups with my order.
5) There's a reason why I ordered spray. 80% of the time, I like my mones to hit hard and fast. Also, I live in an incredibly warm (although oil would be ideal for this) and humid country where humidity levels average 90% and above (spray's the way to go), and where mones are concerned, at least to me, well you just don't want to always keep on applying them on your skin
6) I've ordered from Alpha Dream, Love Scent, Androtics. I've experienced hiccups and issues with some of these companies, and as far as I'm concerned, they've been absolutely professional and above board with things.
7) There is no grudge. I'm a very very disgruntled and disatisfied customer. And this is a review, a very very disgruntled review.
And to be clear Jrock, this is my personal and bad experience with TP. Let it be here to serve as a caution to those who come here seeking knowledge and enlightenment in the world of Pheromones.
And J, no hard feelings, and rest assured no flame towards you. I totally understand where you're coming from. And I still stand by the fact that TP does produce spectacular products although quality has varied for me.
I call it like it is, I don't expect everyone to agree with me
I leave off with this saying which has been repeated quite a few times in this forum
You want something fast and good? It won't be cheap
You want something cheap and good? It won't be fast
You want something cheap and fast? It won't be good
(02-06-2012 1:32 AM)Jrock Wrote: I have only had one small problem occur with all my orders with True that was quickly rectified after I contacted their online customer service. One of my bottles of TI oil came leaking and was maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full. I went on the online chat and told them about the bottles leaking and was told they would ship out a new bottle to me immediately before i could even ask for a partial refund or replacement. Any time you order something online you should always check to make sure you received all the products you ordered and that they are in acceptable condition. That is why every company includes a packing list or invoice in each package they ship out. Maybe you were suppose to receive another package with the rest of your order which got lost or seized by customs? Or perhaps they may have forgotten some of your items. But I don't understand how you can slander a company for your own foolishness for not checking to make sure you receive all your items. Yes they should not have made this mistake in the first place, but I'm sure if you did check the package right away and contacted them about your missing items they would have sent you replacements free of charge. As for the issue with the 2 bottles of TI oil instead of TI body spray... yea it sucks that you didn't get what you ordered but those bottles of oil will last a lot longer then those body sprays will so you probably made out on the good side there. And the True Opener is just a blend of nols so I don't think there should be a difference between the "men" and women" version. Finally, my only bottle of TL (unscented) is pretty stinky so I can't really attest to the claims of varying consistencies of TL.
Moving onto the $70 shipping charge... yea it sucks that you got hit with that and they should have been up front about the charge when you placed the order. I work for a major shipping company here in the US and trust me it is very expensive to ship international with all the customs and broker fees especially to countries with high fraud rates that require extra security screenings. Perhaps you ordered over a certain value amount that caused extra customs or brokerage fees. There are ways around this such as declaring the shipment as a gift with no value for customs but this could possibly put True at risk for lying and fraud. If you did not agree with the $70 charge you should have just cancelled your order and asked for a refund and then we might have never even seen this thread.
Sorry if this reply makes me sound like a dick to you and I don't want to start a flame war but I think everyone would like to hear both sides of the story. Yes my black friday order took a little longer then expected to come in but that was during the busiest time of the year for most companies so I gave them the extra time. And when my order finally came in, I made sure to check everything was there. And yes it was all there including a freeby. With the 50% off and the freeby I received it was worth it to wait that extra week or two to finally get my order. Also the company is supporting this forum and sponsoring a contest and just because you have a grudge with them you don't want to accept your prize? I don't understand that but hey that's your choice I guess.