Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To self effect or not to self effect, that is the question
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

To self effect or not to self effect, that is the question
01-04-2010 7:45 AM

Most long time users of pheromones know about self effects.  Some have them and some dont but they are always short lived and not really a indication that your pheromones are working to signal others.  I have always felt that a pheromone product is only good if you see the effect in others. After all that is the point.

After testing P119 and getting the happy groin feeling,  I started pondering this subject.  I have never really experienced physical self effects and few people have reported them to me in my testing at least.  By physical effects I am referring to sensations to the body not emotions.

I have gotten headaches and TAF has caused some problems with my glands and the pupils in my eyes.  For some reason if I use to much my neck glands swell up.  Only in higher dosages though.  Low dose is fine.  But I dont "feel" this happening its more visually seeing it.

The headaches are just from overload of the senses.  I can get those with to much perfume as well.

The rest do effect my emotional feeling for the first week or two of using them but after that those feelings subside.

Is it because those feelings are gone or because I am just accustomed to feeling them ?  I am not sure.

Now I can get self mood enhancements from simple aromatherapy.  I have used that for years for meditation and self realization or just to enhance the general atmosphere.  To some extent aromatherapy is good for attraction and arousal as well.

I use pheromones for one primary reason though. To effect those around me and enhance my relationships.  I would estimate 95% of the users, use for this reason.
Its not that I dont like the emotional self effects.  Those can be pretty cool and help give you some clues to the signal being sent.  Of course the signal your sending to yourself and the one others are getting may not always match but there are similarities.

Pheromones have been known to boost the confidence levels of the user.  No one knows for sure if this is from signaling or if its just being conscious of using them and expectations.  Its like makeup, I look good with or without it but I feel better about myself with it on.

My question to our members here is why do you use them ? 

Is it to effect others, those around you or both ? 

Would you use them if they only effected your own mood ?

Do your self effects last over time using the pheromones ? 

Do you get self effects at all ? 

Do any users here get physical sensations to the body when using them ?

If you do, do you feel that those exposed are getting those same sensations ? 

These are all questions I often wonder about.   Jump right in and tell me your experiences with self effects. 

Tisha

01-04-2010 7:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

RE: To self effect or not to self effect, that is the question
01-04-2010 3:01 PM

I haven't tried p119, but I'd like to try it, it sounds very intriguing! lol

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  My question to our members here is why do you use them ?

Confidence boost, it makes me feel good about myself. I'm a makeup finatic... it's like makeup just like you mentioned, it makes me feel pretty and ready to start the day!

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Is it to effect others, those around you or both ? 

I mostly wear Pheromones to effect others. Self-effects don't really matter much to me. Like Turn Up The Heat, that stuff is a miss or a hit for me when it comes to self-effects. It's rare that this stuff makes me feel like a dog in heat lol but when it does I go crazy. However, I've noticed that when I wore a teeny tiny bit of Turn Up The Heat with something like est/cops I get a lot more reactions from people mostly good though. It's interesting...

The only phero that I loved using for self-effects was p96. This stuff always calmed me down when I used to feel extremely stressed out of my mind lol

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Would you use them if they only effected your own mood ?

Hmm... maybe... it really depends. I really prefer products that effects others more than myself - I don't know why though.

If it's more like a "chatty" phero - I wouldn't want it lol I have trouble shutting up once people know me. But it's calming, I'll take it. Sexual... I'm not sure I wouldn't want to kill a guy with too much desire lol but hey I wouldn't mind giving it a try Big Grin 

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Do your self effects last over time using the pheromones ? 

p96 was my favorite putative for self-effects and I always got self-effects with it. Whereas things like Instant Sexiness/A, mx135, Instant Sexiness/B...etc I used to feel more confident, sexy and prettier back then than now... I guess I got used to it...

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Do you get self effects at all ?  

Yea, I still do but it's not as strong like when I first started using pheromones. 

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Do any users here get physical sensations to the body when using them? 

Hmm, I don't remember getting any strong physical sensations. Turn Up The Heat makes me thirsty sometimes but I'm not sure if it counts.

01-04-2010 3:01 PM
Willow
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-04-2010 6:04 PM

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  My question to our members here is why do you use them ?  Social Engineering. To make my life and those around me more pleasant.

Is it to effect others, those around you or both ?  BOTH

Would you use them if they only effected your own mood ? YES

Do your self effects last over time using the pheromones ?  In general, YES, but I don't use daily.

Do you get self effects at all ? YES - most pronounced would be mood elevation, and a relaxed feeling from certain mixes or molecules. I am normally a fairly tense, assertive and Type A...

Do any users here get physical sensations to the body when using them ? YES - mostly from copulins, a swollen and/or tingling sensation in the labia. Sometimes hard nipples. Begins within 5-10 minutes of application and lasts maybe 15-30 minutes and can be very distracting...Methoxyestratetraenone I have noticed a wobbly-legged feeling at high doses. Reduced muscle control, perhaps?

If you do, do you feel that those exposed are getting those same sensations ? Wow, never considered it but that surely would make it interesting!

These are all questions I often wonder about.   Jump right in and tell me your experiences with self effects. 

Tisha

01-04-2010 6:04 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

01-04-2010 7:28 PM

Well... I think y'all know I'm a self effects hound. I got into using pheromones mostly to affect my husband, not realizing the potential for affecting myself as well.

I get effects from almost everything and the effect depends on the molecule. The effects are physical, mental, and emotional depending on the molecule. Even those that effect my irritability level also effect me physically, though, and of course the calming or uplifting effects also effect how I think... so mental too.

Physically, Copulins are exciting and arousing to me. I mostly use them when I know my husband and I are going to get busy. They increase both our excitement levels and level of physical pleasure. But also I use these when I have to be doing strenuous activities. They keep me from experiencing esophageal spasm and concomitant heart spasm. Without the copulins I'm severely restricted. That is the NO effect for me.  In high doses in alcohol I get debilitating headaches, but I've never experienced this in the oil form, which is a much higher concentration.

Alpha Androstenol makes me giddy and silly. At high doses I find this molecule sedating.

Androsterone and Etiocholanolone make me calm and lighthearted. Androsterone also lessens the pain of menstrual cramps for me big time.  At high doses I find this one to be euphoric.

Androstanone makes me laugh great huge belly laughs.

Methoxyestratetraenone makes me horny.

EST makes my husband want to hug me constantly, and makes him concerned with my well-being and comfort. I haven't noticed a self effect with EST.

Pregnenolone makes me brighten up considerably and see things in a much improved light. It also makes me feel good physically. It is the most effective mood elevating molecule I've found so far.

Allopregnanolone makes me goofy.  At high doses I find this one to be sedating and severely affecting my coordination.

TH-DOC makes me not have a care in the world. That is a totally mental and emotional effect for me, and I don't get a physical component with this one.

DHEA is physically stimulating for me, but I can't use much of it because it exacerbates an already wonky heart beat for me.

Epi-Androsterone is calming, mood lifting, and subtly relaxing for me.  But it also makes me prone to startle reflex, and if I use a lot of it within a few hours of bedtime, I end up with a startle reflex to my own dreams that is enough to wake me up with my heart pounding.

Physically relaxing molecules for me are Alpha Androstenol, Androsterone, Etiocholanolone, Allopregnanolone.

The only time I didn't get any self effects at all for anything was when I was on high dose corticosteroid treatment for a lung infection, and once when I went whole hog testing molecules for too many days straight. It took a long time to recover self effects after the testing binge.  I can't remember exactly how long it took but it was at least 2-3 weeks, maybe longer to recover the ability to have self effects again.

A few times, my response has fallen. At those times I stop all pheromone use for one to two weeks and this resets everything back to baseline and I respond strongly again.

Now I limit all my pheromone usage (other than copulins) to testing molecules and mixes only a few days a week, or as needed only. This routine ensures that I continue to have strong self effects and don't burn out my receptors.

I see effects in others consistent with my own self effects, though, since mostly they don't know I'm using pheromones, their responses to those effects depends on the situation and who is around in the group.

Diane

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 7:36 PM by Diane999.)
01-04-2010 7:28 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

01-07-2010 5:59 AM

Selva Wrote:p96 was my favorite putative for self-effects and I always got self-effects with it. Whereas things like Instant Sexiness/A, mx135, Instant Sexiness/B...etc I used to feel more confident, sexy and prettier back then than now... I guess I got used to it...

Yes I like P96 also, It helps with stress for me. I guess in some ways you can say this one is physical. Stress in itself causes physical reactions in the body so eliminating stress can cause those physical reactions to subside. I dont think its a direct result of the pheromone though.

Willow Wrote:YES - mostly from copulins, a swollen and/or tingling sensation in the labia. Sometimes hard nipples. Begins within 5-10 minutes of application and lasts maybe 15-30 minutes and can be very distracting...Methoxyestratetraenone (Methoxyestratetraenone ) I have noticed a wobbly-legged feeling at high doses. Reduced muscle control, perhaps?

Wow really,thats cool. I feel sexier when I wear them but never had physical reaction to any brand I have used and I have tried them all. I am highly sexual in personality though so maybe that has something to do with it. I can see how it can be distracting though. Methoxyestratetraenone is not one of my favorites. I never see anything with it on its own other then some crankiness in others and it gives me really bad nightmares. I dont think nightmares count as a physical side effect though. In a mix if buffered correctly I can wear it but I cant say what it does for the mix. From group blind testing on this one I find it jumps all over the place and is hard to pin down.

Diane Wrote:Androstanone makes me laugh great huge belly laughs.

I havent tried this on on its own. In mixes yes. Have you noticed in mixes that it causes this or does mixing buffer it down ?

Diane Wrote:EST makes my husband want to hug me constantly, and makes him concerned with my well-being and comfort. I haven't noticed a self effect with EST.

I love EST, Cant say I get any self effects other then maybe feeling more girly though. That can be more placebo though. I know its primarily a female pheromone so naturally I feel more girly.

Alpha Androstenol on the other hand makes my mind to busy, If I use it to close to bed I cant sleep. I interferes with meditation as well but it is uplifting and increases chatter.

The rest you listed I cant comment on. No one really knows what they do because they havent been tested by users. User results rarely ever totally coinside with scientific claims which makes pinning them down harder. I have seen alot of claims by various sellers who have used them in mixes over the years though. What works one way on one person can cause a totally different reaction on another. Until patterns are established by actual users as well as the scientific community its a mystery. One that hopefully will be solved soon Smile

Tisha
01-07-2010 5:59 AM
starlitegirl
Checking out the place

Rep Post

01-15-2010 7:05 PM

I started using them to attract men. I've never been very good at that being that I'm not one to flirt and I generally keep to myself and am somewhat more introverted until I'm comfortable with a person.

After some time of using them I felt like they didn't really change much because my life has a certain routine about it and I'm not around men much except at the gym. Testing there is touch and go. Now that I'm using LP sprays it's much better due to the difussion factor. This, however, was when it became all about the self-effect for me. More so emotional - to better my mood - than physical because I'm not really one who wants to walk around sexually aroused without a guy in my life who gets to enjoy that with me.

So for physical effects, only when they make me feel sexy on top of any kind of arousal that may take place will I wear that phero. Stone Cougar and scented Cougar fall into this category. I strut when I wear that one. And Lace (which is very new) does arouse me very mildly but I wear that one more for the emotional uplift and because it relaxes me. Sometime the arousal is a bit of a nuisance with that one, but in low doses it's easily ignorned.

I just don't see the point in being aroused if there's nobody to enjoy it with except if I were completely stressed and knew arousal and subsequent gratification would relax me. That's actually the best reason for it.

As for if I think someone else is aroused if I am - I would suspect that if I'm aroused then my Pheromones might be triggering that in men around me.

01-15-2010 7:05 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

01-16-2010 11:58 AM

(01-04-2010 7:45 AM)Tisha Wrote:  

Most long time users of pheromones know about self effects.  Some have them and some dont but they are always short lived and not really a indication that your pheromones are working to signal others.  I have always felt that a pheromone product is only good if you see the effect in others. After all that is the point.

After testing P119 and getting the happy groin feeling,  I started pondering this subject.  I have never really experienced physical self effects and few people have reported them to me in my testing at least.  By physical effects I am referring to sensations to the body not emotions.

I have gotten headaches and TAF has caused some problems with my glands and the pupils in my eyes.  For some reason if I use to much my neck glands swell up.  Only in higher dosages though.  Low dose is fine.  But I dont "feel" this happening its more visually seeing it.

The headaches are just from overload of the senses.  I can get those with to much perfume as well.

The rest do effect my emotional feeling for the first week or two of using them but after that those feelings subside.

Is it because those feelings are gone or because I am just accustomed to feeling them ?  I am not sure.

Now I can get self mood enhancements from simple aromatherapy.  I have used that for years for meditation and self realization or just to enhance the general atmosphere.  To some extent aromatherapy is good for attraction and arousal as well.

I use pheromones for one primary reason though. To effect those around me and enhance my relationships.  I would estimate 95% of the users, use for this reason.
Its not that I dont like the emotional self effects.  Those can be pretty cool and help give you some clues to the signal being sent.  Of course the signal your sending to yourself and the one others are getting may not always match but there are similarities.

Pheromones have been known to boost the confidence levels of the user.  No one knows for sure if this is from signaling or if its just being conscious of using them and expectations.  Its like makeup, I look good with or without it but I feel better about myself with it on.

My question to our members here is why do you use them ?  

Is it to effect others, those around you or both ?  Yes to affect others. In social settings/ @home.

Would you use them if they only effected your own mood ? Yes, I love the 'in love feeling' I get with Ail's Heart & Soul.

Do your self effects last over time using the pheromones ?  Yes, I don't use them every day though.

Do you get self effects at all ?  Yes I get emotional & physical.

Do any users here get physical sensations to the body when using them ? I've experienced arousal physically. Such as clitoral swelling, better orgasm with SS4W, cops.

If you do, do you feel that those exposed are getting those same sensations ? I've seen my husband's physical response to smelling cops on my skin.

Tisha

01-16-2010 11:58 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

01-16-2010 5:53 PM

starlightgirl Wrote:So for physical effects, only when they make me feel sexy on top of any kind of arousal that may take place will I wear that phero. Stone Cougar and scented Cougar fall into this category. I strut when I wear that one. And Lace (which is very new) does arouse me very mildly but I wear that one more for the emotional uplift and because it relaxes me. Sometime the arousal is a bit of a nuisance with that one, but in low doses it's easily ignorned.

I have the originol Cougar and I love the scent and the reactions I get with this one. I do feel sexy when I wear it to. I havent tried Lace yet but its on my wish list. I agree I am bit of a nypho (which my hubby dosent mind) so I really do need the self arousal effects. Maybe that is why I dont get those kind of effects from wearing them. I just get a general feeling of sexiness. Other pheromones like Alpha Androstenol and Beta Androstenol effect me though.

Quote:Yes, I love the 'in love feeling' I get with Ail's Heart & Soul.

Another on my wish list, Mara comes out with them so quick between all the scents and the mixes I cant keep up. Its great though but I need more money LOL

Quote:I've seen my husband's physical response to smelling cops on my skin.

Does he have to get right up there and smell it or does it work from a few feet away for you ? My hubby reacts well to Like A Magnet and Bam, Essence of Woman and he really like Blatent invitation. He reacts well to cuddle bunny to but I dont think there is cops in it, The way he acts though you would think there was. Some of the cop formulas I got from Androtics before they declared war on them work at pretty good distances. Depending on the amount I use I can get a strong hit or a mild flirtation. I generally dont wear a large amount out unless I am testing them though.

By the way what is ss4w ?

Tisha
01-16-2010 5:53 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

01-16-2010 7:00 PM

Quote:By the way what is ss4w ?

SS4W used to be "Super Sexy for Women"
01-16-2010 7:00 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

01-17-2010 6:19 AM

Quote:SS4W used to be "Super Sexy for Women"

Ohhhh LOL Duh Blush I used to just call it SS and I though maybe Mara came out with a new one. Yes thats a good one as well, I love the scent and the reactions I get from it especially in the summer when my skin heats up. I get soet of a sweet musky scent that wafts all over the place.

Tisha
01-17-2010 6:19 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HOW MEN PRODUCTS EFFECT ON YOU? pam2 4 2,850 08-11-2015 7:54 PM
Last Post: pam2