Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timbersilk
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

RE: Timbersilk
11-12-2017 10:58 PM

(11-12-2017 7:08 PM)Lostdreams Wrote:  I dont know where im keeping all this stuff.

Now i need ta build a lab. Wizard

Hahaha! Ikr!? I just ordered a new storage box just for storing my mixed dilutions and excess perfume aromachemicals Sarcastic

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
11-12-2017 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-14-2017 6:02 PM

Hmm. A bit stumped, as I was expecting more than just an increase in fragrance between IES and Timbersilk. I may have the concentration too high. I had great results with IES at 0.5-1%. I've worn the Timbersilk at 5%. That just seems strange, but these fixative/aromachemicals are a curiosity and I'm sure Timbersilk just needs combined with the right combo. I have had compliments on my fragrance the last 2 days, so that portion is working. I've had hits for sure, it's just that it has been different than IES. I need to evaluate it more. Could be environment as well. Not as many opportunities to gage hits the last 2 days, mostly secluded or targets I don't know well. Next, now that I'm going over my interactions, I've definitely gotten hits in a much shorter exposure time. Ok. More testing required! Good thing I was planning to test more...Big Grin

11-14-2017 6:02 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-15-2017 10:44 AM

Alrighty, sharing some musings, feel free to chime in...

As I've stated, I'm a bit disappointed with the Timbersilk thus far. It's supposed to be a bump up from IES, but I'm not finding the same difusion with it that others have had. It's not that it doesn't do anything, but the IES kept my cover fragrance going strong and with phero wear, the hits came more quickly, from a greater distance and at a shorter exposure time. I can say there IS difusion with Timbersilk. Gads! If I don't keep the bottle tightly sealed and in a secondary container, it will smell up an entire room, lol.
I have a theory that only testing will bear out;
Yes, Timbersilk has more of the gamma isomer, and there's speculation that it also has a bit of Amber Xtreme (another aromachemical from IFF), but does that necessarily equal better than IES or just different?
I have also read to combine Timbersilk WITH IES at 3/7 ratio for optimum performance, insinuating a synergistic effect. (which I intend to test)
We all know that you can use something singly and get good results, and also that mixing individual items can give even better results (isn't that what we're all doing with Pheromones here anyway?lol)
Part of my theory is that Timbersilk is a great aromachemichal and fixative. However, it's awesome for its own Timbersilk fragrance diffusion, which I quite like myself, but is it as difusive as IES in general, projection and duration wise? I'm actually leaning toward no at this time.
I'm going to keep testing it solo, but I'm already using it at a higher concentration than I was the IES (approx 5%) so I'm going to test it lower it and higher. I've gotten EXCELLENT results at just 0.5% IES, so maybe I'm just using too heavy a hand, but I don't think that's it...

Thoughts welcome...

11-15-2017 10:44 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Sex: Male

Rep Post

11-15-2017 7:06 PM

(11-15-2017 10:44 AM)NuTrix Wrote:  Alrighty, sharing some musings, feel free to chime in...

As I've stated, I'm a bit disappointed with the Timbersilk thus far. It's supposed to be a bump up from IES, but I'm not finding the same difusion with it that others have had. It's not that it doesn't do anything, but the IES kept my cover fragrance going strong and with phero wear, the hits came more quickly, from a greater distance and at a shorter exposure time. I can say there IS difusion with Timbersilk. Gads! If I don't keep the bottle tightly sealed and in a secondary container, it will smell up an entire room, lol.

Nu, have ya tried aging it while shaking in between?
11-15-2017 7:06 PM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

11-17-2017 4:59 PM

@Nutrix

In regards to Timbersilk, listmate Ekscentra goes on to explain the same finding as you had in regards to timbersilk being less diffusive.

Please look at post #89

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Iso-E-Super...s+labs+iso

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to reading about more cool experiments that you are doing!
11-17-2017 4:59 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-18-2017 10:04 AM

(11-15-2017 7:06 PM)DrChocolate Wrote:  Nu, have ya tried aging it while shaking in between?

Short answer - no. But it's been a full week and the bottles get shaken often from being carried in my purse and it's behaving at the end of the week in exactly the same manor it did as in the beginning, so I'm going to say that isn't a factor in this case.
It does seem to help mones affect others more quickly (less exposure time) but not at the same distance IES can throw. It's not bad, just not the best for what I'm looking for.

11-18-2017 10:04 AM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

11-18-2017 10:06 AM

(11-18-2017 10:04 AM)NuTrix Wrote:  .
It does seem to help mones affect others more quickly (less exposure time) but not at the same distance IES can throw. It's not bad, just not the best for what I'm looking for.

Ah. Am with ya. Thanks heaps. I tried to rep ya but I gotta spread love. Smile
11-18-2017 10:06 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-18-2017 10:15 AM

(11-17-2017 4:59 PM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  @Nutrix

In regards to Timbersilk, listmate Ekscentra goes on to explain the same finding as you had in regards to timbersilk being less diffusive.

Please look at post #89

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Iso-E-Super...s+labs+iso

Hope this helps!

Thank you! And, yes, it DOES help...unfortunately it sometimes feels like I forget more than I remember when I read so much Smile Being able to go back and see something like that (actually knowing where I saw something to find it again sometimes is the biggest problem, lol) is incredibly helpful. He also mentions in that post a combo of TS and IES, which I also have made, that worked well for him (though I'm not sure at which ratios he devided it).

11-18-2017 10:15 AM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

11-18-2017 10:19 AM

(11-18-2017 10:06 AM)DrChocolate Wrote:  Ah. Am with ya. Thanks heaps. I tried to rep ya but I gotta spread love. Smile

LOL Thanks, and yeah, I want to be clear that TS has it's merits, it's just not my best option solo. We'll see how it flies with the IES. When I get around to Sylvamber, we'll see how they compare Big Grin

11-18-2017 10:19 AM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

11-18-2017 10:20 AM

(11-18-2017 10:19 AM)NuTrix Wrote:  LOL Thanks, and yeah, I want to be clear that TS has it's merits, it's just not my best option solo. We'll see how it flies with the IES. When I get around to Sylvamber, we'll see how they compare Big Grin

Cher mate. Keep us posted. Smile
11-18-2017 10:20 AM

Share This Thread