Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Summary and thought on JV Kohl's poster presentation
ohdilly
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
55 thanks in 36 posts

Summary and thought on JV Kohl's poster presentation
03-30-2011 8:39 AM

When looking at research it is important to ask what is being tested, and what is being measured.  In J.V. Kohl's poster presentation they are testing Flirtatious behavior and subjective personlaity traits.  Where this differes from other pheromone testing that I've read so far, is that there is an objective effort to measure observable behavior.  In this case, certain behaviors (eye contyact, Hair, etc.) were counted by multiple observers for both control and experiment groups.  The personality ratings were subjective, but used a standard method of assesing such traits.    As has been reported previously, the combination used in JVK's Scent of Eros, did indeed show an increase in the measured behaviors, and the subjective rating of attractiveness.  The findings were strong enough that by standard measure, the results were not likely to be due to random chance.  Now, with every study, there are of course limitations.  The glaring one in this case is that it only used women of average age 20, during thier ovulatory phase,  who were not on hormonal birth control.  Another being, the male in question was 21 years old of unknown hormonal status.  So we can only take an educated guess at the results if we were to test 40 year old women on BC with a 40 year old man with borderline low T.  As such, with out repeated experiments, we must be careful not to draw too broad a conclusion.  While this experiment is a great first step in proving that pheromones do indeed influence human behaviour.  It most clearly identifies the need for further research in other populations, and with other combinations.  Until such time arrives we have to use the empirical observations of communities like this one.  Unfortunately the data here is only as reliable as the person doing the reporting.  Keep your own good counsel and realize that pheromones aren't magic, they are a tool.  Like any craftsman, the outcome depends on the skill of the person using the tool.

I would like to thank Mr Kohl for sharing this with me. i had an enjoyable time reading his presentation and looking up his references cited. I look forward to more of his research.

Regards,
Kevin

My current tool kit;
Scent of Eros, Certo, Alfa-Maschio
LAL- Wolf, Possess, Nude, AV
AD- IG, IO, IH
P7- GG, DG, FTL, PURSUIT, ATJ, MAP, Summer Breeze
03-30-2011 8:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
Summary and thought on JV Kohl's poster presentation - ohdilly - 03-30-2011 8:39 AM