Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Steve is da man
SteveO
Vendor

Sex: Male

RE: Steve is da man
04-07-2012 8:43 AM

(04-06-2012 9:54 PM)photogeek Wrote:  Wow. I can't say I'm surprised by the pricing. Here's the thing. I remember John saying (can't say I hold to this) that MHarris wasn't inclined to sell it anymore due to dwindling stocks. If that's the case, why not just remove it from the store altogether. They've brought out some interesting mixes, I'm just glad to see that not all of them have vanished into oblivion. Undecided
They're actually NOT selling it to anybody. I cannot even get a hold of it myself. In this case the the price was reflective of the product just not being available.

My own personal opinion is that UFE was simply the original A314 version scaled up just a notch.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
PheromonesXS enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am: EMAIL ME HERE!
04-07-2012 8:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

04-07-2012 11:35 AM

(04-07-2012 8:12 AM)SteveO Wrote:  I have been juicing at least once a day for a few years, but I went on a juice fast for 60 days. I needed to kick-start my metabolism back into high-gear. Not to insult your intelligence but juicing as in fresh-veggie juice made from my Breville juicer. I cut out everything but Juice and honestly I feel terrific. I lost 70 pounds. This is the week I went back to solid foods and I just feel like crap so going back to juicing for a whileSmile.

Congrats for the weight loss. 70 pounds is pretty impressive. 60 days sounds like too much, but it seems they were good for you. Any information sources you can recommend about juicing? I may want to give it a try for at least a week around july...

Alos, great news you are adding your new mixes to your actual store. I'll test them for sure as soon as they are available. I had decided not to buy any new things for a while, but I'm sure they will be worth making an exception.

Thanks.

talk to you soon.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 11:37 AM by extraballislit.)
04-07-2012 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

04-07-2012 2:33 PM

(04-07-2012 8:12 AM)SteveO Wrote:  I have been juicing at least once a day for a few years, but I went on a juice fast for 60 days. I needed to kick-start my metabolism back into high-gear. Not to insult your intelligence but juicing as in fresh-veggie juice made from my Breville juicer. I cut out everything but Juice and honestly I feel terrific. I lost 70 pounds. This is the week I went back to solid foods and I just feel like crap so going back to juicing for a whileSmile.

The other store will be open in June or July and the current will forward when its ready. Its a much better platform with reward points, affiliate links, GC's and all types of good stuff.

Until then I'll add the new products to the current store. I like to test things out though before I release them so it will be another couple of weeks before I'm set up.

Can i pick your brain about the juice fast? I am interested in trying something like that myself, though probably for a shorter duration. What did you do for protein? How many times a day did you juice, etc?
04-07-2012 2:33 PM
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

04-09-2012 12:30 AM

btw, some good articles on juicing: http://juicing.mercola.com/

i think i need to get myself started on juicing too, just cause i wanna feel good.
04-09-2012 12:30 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

04-09-2012 12:36 AM

I've fasted a bunch of times in the past for 3-14 days, and always felt great. If I were doing it now, I would add whey protein into my juice to avoid losing muscle mass during the fast.
04-09-2012 12:36 AM
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

04-09-2012 12:47 AM

(04-09-2012 12:36 AM)dbot Wrote:  I've fasted a bunch of times in the past for 3-14 days, and always felt great. If I were doing it now, I would add whey protein into my juice to avoid losing muscle mass during the fast.

do you know a way of eating that feels great, even without fasting?
04-09-2012 12:47 AM
extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

04-09-2012 6:20 AM

(04-09-2012 12:36 AM)dbot Wrote:  I've fasted a bunch of times in the past for 3-14 days, and always felt great. If I were doing it now, I would add whey protein into my juice to avoid losing muscle mass during the fast.

Did you loose much muscle mass?

Any good information sources on juicing?

Thanks.

Talk to you soon.
04-09-2012 6:20 AM
Sptsmed
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-09-2012 7:37 AM

Adding the whey protein will help, and the Jack LaLane Juicer is the bomb, I have two of them, one metal and one plastic and it is the easiest one to clean, spins out the most juice of any I have seen and seems pretty much indestructible LOL
I also ate boiled egg whites whenever I juiced in the past, that always helped on the muscle loss too. Been a while since I have done it, might need to break it out for a two week cleanse sometime soon. I do remember how good I felt after about three days doing it for sure.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 7:39 AM by Sptsmed.)
04-09-2012 7:37 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

SteveO
Vendor

04-09-2012 9:58 AM

By adding whey protein you are NOT fasting. You are putting solids into your body which then has to digest those solids. I read of several body builders who juice fast to get the tone they need. If you search google you can read about them. Really though if you are overweight the best thing you can do is lose the weight and then focus on building muscle afterwards. The strongest animals on the planet are gorillas who are strictly raw food vegans!

The best type of juicer you can buy is the champion, however its also the most difficult to clean. Next in line is the Breville which is super powerful and easy to clean. Jack Lalane is a very good mid-range juicer. You get what you pay for though so think of it as an investment in your life. The vitamix is also NOT a juicer. Its basically making baby food and again your body has to digest the food which means you are not fasting.

The idea behind juicing is that your body obtains ALL the nutrients it needs from the juice which directly enters the cells through the cell wall. After 60 days of juicing I was more fit and my muscles were more defined than ever before. When on a juice fast you shouldn't bother with anything other than the juice and water. This means no coffee, no soda, no vitamin water. You can drink a tea once in a while as long as its an herbal tea and does not have fructose or sugar. The first couple of days I was hurting but I had a lot of toxins I needed to get out of me. After that I still worked out in the gym not crazy hard like I used to but enough to keep muscle tone.

You have to figure that a fast needs to be about 10 days for optimal benefit and in that time you will not lose muscle mass that will make a difference. The first three days of any fast, your body is going to first feed off the undigested food in your gut. Basically a ten day juice fast is really a 5-7 day actual fast.

Your ratio of veggies to fruit should be about 90% veggies and only an apple to lightly sweeten the veggies. I have learned that lemon is wonderful and while adding tartness to the veggies it will also help eliminate toxins in the body. An inch of ginger will add a nice bit of spice and flavor. Cilantro is another great blood purifier.

Whey is milk isolates and humans shouldn't be using milk products. Hemp is a better form of protein with just as many amino's as whey. Even so while juicing it is not recommended. You are either on a fast or you are not.

If you are used to eating meats and dairy I would highly recommend weening yourself off first. Start by juicing once a day. Go from two cups of coffee to one and after a few days have a half cup then none. Whatever is your vice it will kick you in the ass. I was a huge coffee lover and drank a couple big old cups in the morning and another big cup at night. I just stopped cold-turkey and it was headache city for three days. Anything that makes you sick or crave it after you get off is terrible for the body.

Again juice once a day for a few days then go twice a day, but also eliminate any meats and dairy and start eating only veggies. By one week you should be eating all veggies and juicing at least two meals a day. You are readyBig Grin. I'm not going to tell you it will be easy, it wasn't. In actuality it was the most difficult thing I ever attempted but as the days went on it became so apparent what I had been doing to myself all these years. Soon enough all the aches and pains had changed over to an amazing mental clarity and just energy I have never ever had before. I was getting 5-6 hours of sleep and just was bouncing around full of life. Sure I had times when I was also tired but mostly it was vibrancy. My skin has never been this clear in all my life. My eyes were even brighter and I even got comments how beautiful they are. I would say this was a one-off but it kept happening from people I never met.

Another note that actually surprised me is now mones seem to be way more effective. I was at the point where I believed mones lost their effects for me, but now its completely opposite. Mones are more powerful and better than ever. The only thing I changed was juicing.

You also can consider not fasting but substituting a couple meals a day with juicing. Juicing alone is the greatest thing you can do for your body. Its very powerful and full of nutrients. Just remember that when you juice you need to drink it right away. Juice will immediately start to oxidize and lose the nutrients. Its why store bought juice is simply-put junk devoid of nutrients. Its why they add the nutrients back in as non-natural forms. Thinking about V-8? Don't! Its really cooked veggies already devoid of vitamins and nutrients (when you cook or even just steam you eliminate all vitamins and nutrients) and then those have to be added back in to the finished product. Store bought juice is not valuable to your body at all!

I'm starting another ten day juice fast this morning. I'm excited and already feel pretty darn good about it.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
PheromonesXS enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am: EMAIL ME HERE!
04-09-2012 9:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

04-09-2012 10:47 AM

Thanks for all of the info Steve O. My mom has a Champion so if I do this, I will borrow hers. I am a little sacred of how much weight you lost in a short time as I don't want to have problems with stretched out skin etc. I have had 2 c-sections and don't need any more flappy bits. I am thinking the once a day to twice a day for a few weeks and then maybe a day 10 juice fast would be as much as I should push it.
04-09-2012 10:47 AM

Share This Thread