Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sprayers, Scales, and Syringes
gentlmentlemen
RED SPY IS IN THE BASE

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks received:
37 thanks in 25 posts

RE: Sprayers, Scales, and Syringes
03-13-2012 10:28 AM

I wonder if the whole "touching the tip of the drop to the wall of the container" thing will be an issue. If the carrier is 100% DPG I could see that being an issue... and just in general for anything with high enough surface tension that will tend to happen...

Perhaps the motor that rotates and raises the mix bottle underneath the pipette could do that somehow, but if that's the case I'll have to increase the accuracy of that significantly, and it still might be difficult. Besides having to then keep track of the mix bottle's liquid's height, I don't know if it would be easy to touch it to the side, the pipette's width would probably get in the way. So a rotating and raising design would probably need to also rotate the pipette or bottle very slightly at the end to touch the drop, but then if you touch it to the same place on the side of the bottle every time, there's a lot more potential for cross-contamination.

Maybe if the mix bottle wasn't rotated and raised, but translated sideways, then raised.

Tbh though that issue might be a big pain to deal with... might be better to use concentrates dissolved in alcohol than in oil... then just add any fixative liquids as the last part. Even alcohol might have small drops though, I know it does with my syringe... and not dealing with the drops left at the tip will likely decrease the accuracy...

OH.... did you also mean that the pipette tips must stay in the liquid of the mix bottle for the entire time it is expelling liquid? Because that might solve it, but you'd definitely need to change the tips after that.

So basically fill it with however much PA and the like it needs, then fill it with the molecules?

My Journal [Image: 120px-Intel_red_idle.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 10:35 AM by gentlmentlemen.)
03-13-2012 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sprayers, Scales, and Syringes - gentlmentlemen - 03-13-2012 10:28 AM