Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So much for Freedom of Speech!
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
225 thanks in 163 posts

RE: So much for Freedom of Speech!
01-18-2010 6:00 AM

Thats true about the oath you take. We have to take it at the post office to when we sign on. (snort) We can't take a public political view, although the union does endorse a candidate usually. Cant run for any type of political office, Cant talk bad about the current president, I dont remember the rest LOL. They are pretty lax on it at the PO but not in the military. We also cant talk to the media while in uniform. Cant endorse violance LOL I am not sure on this one they call people in the office if you talk about guns or having a gun. One guy in my office got a 7 day suspention because he was talking about some crime that happened and he was disturbed by it and in blowing off steam said something to the effect of. "I have a rutger (I think thats a gun) at home that would take care of those thugs once and for all." Union couldnt do a thing for him, its all part of the oath. Tisha

01-18-2010 6:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: So much for Freedom of Speech! - Tisha - 01-18-2010 6:00 AM
RE: So much for Freedom of Speech! - zeph - 01-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  U.S. Internet Freedom May Soon Be Lost mark-in-dallas 0 470 10-26-2010 8:20 AM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas
  Coulter speech canceled after protesters' threats Mtnjim 0 381 03-24-2010 5:44 PM
Last Post: Mtnjim