Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scent of Eros for women self effects
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
283 thanks in 363 posts

RE: Scent of Eros for women self effects
04-15-2012 1:19 PM

(04-15-2012 12:56 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  Interactions with astute observers like Beccah encourage me to include more information about the effect of alcohol on gondadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH), which is also responsible for the effects of pheromones on behavior. If, as may be the case with her alcohol consumption, the effect of an androstenol/androsterone mix on GnRH and on luteinizing hormone (LH) are compromised by alcohol ingestion, so might be the resultant affect on behavior of an androstenol/androsterone mix.

Other works have shown an initial effect of alcohol on LH increase, which would predict that added effects of androstenol on LH might be negative (leading to headaches) as would overexposure to high concentrations of androstenol, vanilla, or saffron alone. For that matter, your grandmother's perfume, when applied in excessive amounts because she is gradually losing her sense of smell with age, may give you a headache -- as it does with those who encounter her in an elevator and also become nauseated.

However, the same initial effect of androstenol and alcohol on LH and testosterone is probably what's enhancing the visual appeal of those who are using pheromone-enhanced fragrance products containing the "right" amount of androstenol in the correct mixture. The "right" amount, however, cannot be determined for those who are already activating their LH response via other exposure(s) to systemic effects of chemicals, whether they are inhaled or ingested.

If only I could rely on Beccah, or someone like her, for product promotion and follow-up on concerns for proper usage, my product sales would soar. Most of what I have conveyed in technical terms in published works, can be simply stated by those, like her, who have observed how nutrition (linked to food odors) and behavioral interactions (linked to social odors/pheromones) work in combination to determine behavior. But if she decides to market a competing product, I will deny that I said this Nana

Bwahahaha! No worries there, I have enough trouble fighting the good fight against the family's dirty laundry output. I think learning chemistry & starting a competing pheromone business would be beyond my capabilities, especially with competent, affordable formulators (such as yourself) already in the market place. Thank you for putting research into this avenue of thought.
04-15-2012 1:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by jvkohl
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1605
Thanks received:
3208 thanks in 1464 posts

04-15-2012 3:54 PM

Every time I have ever Oded there has been alcohol involved so I believe that.
04-15-2012 3:54 PM
Thanks given by Synergist
Pheroman
Not So Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3330
Thanks received:
2990 thanks in 1103 posts

04-16-2012 3:23 AM

FTR my first example was sober, second a couple glasses of good red wine, both coffee lovers.

Girls and boys are mushy. Men are NEVER mushy. EVER.
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
04-16-2012 3:23 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
474 thanks in 195 posts

04-16-2012 7:52 PM

(04-16-2012 3:23 AM)Pheroman Wrote:  FTR my first example was sober, second a couple glasses of good red wine, both coffee lovers.

I like the fact that no one seems to be combining pheromone enhancement with that of illicit recreational drugs. Please, don't let anyone spoil this vision for me.

James V. Kohl
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (ASCLS)
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP)
Medical Technologist (AMT)
Author/Creator: The Scent of Eros
04-16-2012 7:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pheroman
Not So Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3330
Thanks received:
2990 thanks in 1103 posts

06-24-2012 9:18 AM

Got the same effect again.
Added some androstenol heavy mix towards the end of the night, and a woman friend just went off.
Talking fast and carrying on like the party just started. She didnt want to go home, kept talking making noise being playful, trying to get everyone involved, though not all that sexual.
And the person had only 1 drink.

Girls and boys are mushy. Men are NEVER mushy. EVER.
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
06-24-2012 9:18 AM
Thanks given by Synergist
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 389
Thanks received:
608 thanks in 232 posts

06-24-2012 4:45 PM

(06-24-2012 9:18 AM)Pheroman Wrote:  Got the same effect again.
Added some androstenol heavy mix towards the end of the night, and a woman friend just went off.
Talking fast and carrying on like the party just started. She didnt want to go home, kept talking making noise being playful, trying to get everyone involved, though not all that sexual.
And the person had only 1 drink.

Yup - androstenol=caffeine Big Grin

Visit my journal! Drinks

See my product list and links to all reviews

Check out my blind testing thread!
Girl_pinkglassesf
06-24-2012 4:45 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
474 thanks in 195 posts

08-14-2012 2:28 PM

Excerpted from below: This study indicates that copulins affect males both in physiology and behavioral response.

ISHE CONFERENCES, XXI BIENNIAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN ETHOLOGY VIENNA/AUSTRIA

Human pheromones: Do “copulins” have an effect on men`s testosterone levels and social behavior? (SFA)

Xenia Steinbach, Elisabeth Oberzaucher, Karl Grammer

Abstract

Across a number of species, the odors emitted by an animal can have a substantial impact on the behaviors of its conspecifics. Recent research suggests that subtle scents may play a role in modulating human behavior as well. Studies focusing on putative olfactory cues to female ovulation showed that some substances produced by women at the monthly peak of their reproductive fertility can have an effect on men’s cognition, mating behavior and hormonal levels. One group of substances thought to be behaviorally active is a mixture of five volatile fatty acids- the so-called “copulins”. They were first found in the vaginal secretions from rhesus monkeys (Macacca mulatta) that produce them at mid-cycle. Several studies showed that copulins affect mating behavior and induce copulation in male rhesus monkeys. The same substances occur in human vaginal secretions and even though their function in humans is rarely investigated yet, some studies suggest that they affect men’s levels of testosterone- a hormone known to mediate human social behavior. For instance, testosterone promotes aggressive, competitive and dominant behavior - a behavior preferred by females in their fertile phase.
The current study addresses the question, whether copulins do affect the testosterone levels of male subjects and, as a consequence, whether they influence the social behavior of the subjects, especially their cooperative behavior.

100 men participated in the study. 50 men were exposed to copulins, 50 served as a control. Subjects were asked to play a game against a partner via the internet. The partner was simulated by the computer program. The game was based on the tragedy of the commons paradigm: each player could take as many objects as he wanted and the remaining ones were doubled for the next round. The computer algorithm pursued a generous tit for tat strategy.

We tested whether exposure to copulins leads to changes in testosterone level by collecting 3 saliva samples during the course of the experiment. To examine the possible behavioral changes in cooperative behavior, we analyzed the degree of cooperation shown in the game. We could confirm that exposure to copulins leads to increased testosterone levels.

Moreover, subjects showed significantly less cooperative behavior under the influence of copulins than subjects of the control group.

This study indicates that copulins affect males both in physiology and behavioral response.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My comment: So far as I know, the copulin formula is the same one used in Scent of Eros for Women. It originated in work by Astrid Juette with Karl Grammer as detailed in a 1997 presentation at the International Symposium on Olfaction and Taste XII and AchemS XIX. We added the androstenol, however, for its positive influence on the woman who wears it. I had no idea it would take this long for replication of the original work, but am glad to see it presented and hope to see it published soon.

James V. Kohl
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 2:31 PM by jvkohl.)
08-14-2012 2:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, thundr, shadowknight, Lexy, Pheroman
Login or register to remove all advertising

Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 696
Thanks received:
455 thanks in 226 posts

08-14-2012 7:08 PM

Great info as always. Big Grin ....So nice to see a post from you! Thx.

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi

"Personal style, wicked game, unique approach, and solid confidence."~Thundr
08-14-2012 7:08 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
474 thanks in 195 posts

08-14-2012 8:31 PM

(08-14-2012 7:08 PM)Lexy Wrote:  Great info as always. Big Grin ....So nice to see a post from you! Thx.

Thanks,
There is interdisciplinary research that is being reported nearly every day and it takes most of my time just trying to keep up. I've kept more current with blog posts at Pheromones.com, but am also involved in newsgroup discussions Psychiatry-research, evolutionary-psychology, Human-ethology. Lots of prep. to do for presenations in October and maybe November, but I'll try to check in here more frequently, too.

James V. Kohl
08-14-2012 8:31 PM
Thanks given by Lexy, AlternativeGirl

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scent of Eros experiences & review svh69 8 940 01-06-2014 11:52 PM
Last Post: Aero-el
  The Scent of Eros: Versace claims to come up with a fantastic name jvkohl 0 321 07-14-2013 5:39 PM
Last Post: jvkohl
  Scent of Eros Product review video jvkohl 0 1,544 03-02-2011 12:35 PM
Last Post: jvkohl