Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Would you prefer Reward Points or Affiliate Sales
This poll is closed.
Reward Points 100.00% 12 100.00%
Affiliate Sales 0% 0 0%
Total 12 votes 100%
* You voted for this selection. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reward Points or Affiliate Sales
SteveO
Vendor

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1414
Thanks received:
1473 thanks in 510 posts

Reward Points or Affiliate Sales
07-02-2012 6:59 PM

In the new store I'm only going to have one option to begin with. It's a matter of economics so I'll have to decide on one or the other. As always feedback is appreciated.

I would however ask that if your choosing the affiliate over reward points you consider that some members will get those sales while others don't This essentially means you'll be giving away your discounts to people you don't know so either you or someone else can make a buck off it. Personally I'd prefer the reward points to give back to those who are buying. In the same instance if affiliates bring in a higher volume of sales than perhaps that can fund more discounts. There are pros and cons to it either way and I'd appreciate your input.
My vote was for reward points

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
PheromonesXS enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am: EMAIL ME HERE!
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 7:00 PM by SteveO.)
07-02-2012 6:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1278
Thanks received:
3368 thanks in 1427 posts

RE: Reward Points or Affiliate Sales
07-02-2012 9:49 PM

Dig back to your marketing background Steve, and you have your answer! Forget your time with Androtics and their failure of a business model, because its one that won't see over the long haul and is designed solely to prey on people until they wise up to their tactics.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were are the impressions we left on those we leave behind, so live your life as you'd want to be remembered when you're gone!
07-02-2012 9:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozee
Pheromone lab rats

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 190
Thanks received:
111 thanks in 73 posts

07-03-2012 12:09 AM

I say both are important. Affiliate sales of course can bring you higher volume of sales but the downside is it will make people greedy and the greedy ones tend to lie to gain more. This can backfire on your business eventually. Newbies that felt scammed will resent the affiliate sites and your sites both. However, if you can back up your claim with good product, good customer services, and you don't go as far as what Androtics did, you can go for affiliate. But in this forum, reward points is really appreciated Yes

My collection:
The Edge, Wolf, Aqua Vitae, Glace, Androstadienone, OVERDOSE, Cohesion-Xs, Evolve-Xs, S.O.B-Xs, Bliss-Xs, Connection-Xs
07-03-2012 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DGamer
Player of the Game

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 524
Thanks received:
679 thanks in 279 posts

07-03-2012 12:20 AM

From my perspective, affiliates mean more outside sales from random people. Reward points means more sales from inside people, as in people who already know mones well.

Compendium still under construction, no ETA
07-03-2012 12:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web