Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relationship between stress and efficacy
OpR8R
Man, I don't know...

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 40
Thanks received:
11 thanks in 4 posts

Relationship between stress and efficacy
05-05-2012 10:01 AM

Hi All,

In my line of work my people and I often find ourselves in close quarters with nervous and tense clients. The effects of stress on the body and the attendant chemical "stew" of cortisol, HGH, epinephrine/norepinephrine, etc., in the bloodstream are well known, but my question is how these phenomena affect the efficacy of a given product. In other words; I'm researching the possibility of employing pheromone products - worn by employees - to engender certain desireable responses in clients, but first I would like to know to what degree, if any, client stress may negatively impact the nature of said response(s). The current data does not really inform the issue so I am looking for experiential data - "humint" I guess - from users who might be able to shed some light on this for me (although I am just as eager to lay my mits on any clinical data as well.)

So, what can you guys tell me about this? Is a stressed-out person liable to react differently to you if you're wearing a pheromone product than, say, a relaxed, "lookin' fer a good time" person in a nightclub? If so, how so? The effects I am interested in are those that promote a calming, "all-is-well," "you're in good hands" kind of feeling. In a word, safety. I want my clients to feel safe and secure in the presence of their consultant. However, I read about adverse reactions due to several factors that can result in aggression from nearby males (the very LAST thing I want to do) and revulsion from females (not as bad, but still awful) and wonder if undue stress in the intended, what?... "recipient" can lead to this as well. (What do you call the person affected by what you're wearing? The mark? The victim? The target? Tango?)

All feedback welcome! Thanx!

~Op
05-05-2012 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
Relationship between stress and efficacy - OpR8R - 05-05-2012 10:01 AM