Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Red Light Therapy
DarkLord1

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Red Light Therapy
10-16-2019 2:07 PM

(10-16-2019 7:49 AM)stefdude Wrote:  Just bought a 10000 lux lamp for circadian rhythm correction and more energy I hope.Red light therapy cought my attention too but I didn't have time to look it up, I will though.Any specific product suggestions?I'll check at the ray peat forum too.

I read a couple of books on Amazon. They have affiliate links in the books, but you do get a discount from them.

Red Light Therapy: Miracle Medicine for Pain, Fatigue, Fat loss, Anti-aging, Muscle Growth and Brain Enhancement

The Ultimate Guide To Red Light Therapy: How to Use Red and Near-Infrared Light Therapy for Anti-Aging, Fat Loss, Muscle Gain, Performance, and Brain Optimization

They are mostly references to studies, etc, but a lot of good info. One of them had a note about someone improving their vision, which I jumped on.

I would recommend reading a resource about it and maybe a few pubmed articles on your specific application. PM me if you have questions.

I did get tired the first few times....Like being in the sun all day.

(10-16-2019 11:20 AM)Test.of.Sweden Wrote:  Been doing it for 2-3 years, I think it helps my face to look younger. Have shined it on my balls and that does increase libido but i guess its important to not overdo it.

Yep, it definitely can do those things.....I have not tested it, but there are a few folks that swear by the testosterone boost.
10-16-2019 2:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metaltree

Rep Post

10-16-2019 3:44 PM

(10-15-2019 9:06 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  PlatinumLED BIO 300 - 660/850 nm. The 660 is more for surface level and the 850 is for deep tissue.

Is this something you can just place on your desk and point at yourself while you are working?
10-16-2019 3:44 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

DarkLord1

Rep Post

10-16-2019 7:48 PM

(10-16-2019 3:44 PM)metaltree Wrote:  Is this something you can just place on your desk and point at yourself while you are working?

You could, but this one is a bit large. JOOV, another company, makes a small portable device that takes batteries. That one might be a better fit for desk use.

I hang mine from a hook in the bathroom (came with the unit) and get my entire body or I put it on a table and lay down and have it shine on my body. I set a timer.

Again, I recommend that you read about it so you understand what it’s doing and how to do it to achieve your desired outcome.
10-16-2019 7:48 PM
theLaw

Rep Post

10-16-2019 8:30 PM

Related to the topic. For those using a desktop or tablet:

https://justgetflux.com/

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019 8:32 PM by theLaw.)
10-16-2019 8:30 PM
metaltree

Rep Post

10-16-2019 10:04 PM

(10-16-2019 7:48 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  You could, but this one is a bit large. JOOV, another company, makes a small portable device that takes batteries. That one might be a better fit for desk use.

I hang mine from a hook in the bathroom (came with the unit) and get my entire body or I put it on a table and lay down and have it shine on my body. I set a timer.

Again, I recommend that you read about it so you understand what it’s doing and how to do it to achieve your desired outcome.

There is a picture of a woman on her laptop with this thing set up and pointed at her. But dam, it is expensive. $755 with the stand.
https://joovv.com/products/joovv-mini
10-16-2019 10:04 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

10-17-2019 6:23 AM

(10-16-2019 10:04 PM)metaltree Wrote:  There is a picture of a woman on her laptop with this thing set up and pointed at her. But dam, it is expensive. $755 with the stand.
https://joovv.com/products/joovv-mini

The ones through U.S. distributors are pricey.

1. Some people build their own. There are resources online, if you are so inclined.

2. Certain sites like Alibaba have ones advertised for less. I imagine that all of the units are made in that country anyway.
10-17-2019 6:23 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

10-17-2019 9:30 AM

(10-17-2019 6:23 AM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  The ones through U.S. distributors are pricey.

1. Some people build their own. There are resources online, if you are so inclined.

2. Certain sites like Alibaba have ones advertised for less. I imagine that all of the units are made in that country anyway.

I don't know for certain, but looking at the Light therapy units and comparing them side-by-side with the 660nm/ 850nm LED grow lights, I can see no difference in construction...even the cases are exactly the same. The only difference i see is the price; everything else (dimensions, amperage, shipping weight, etc) is the same. The LED grow lights, however, are well less than $100 for most of them. I would think that they are pretty much the same units, just that the perceived value of the ones hawked as therapy units increases the price.

Edited to add:

A basic internet search netted lots of results on the topic of grow lights being used for light therapy. The consensus is that they can be used, but one must be careful about the Lux output of the grow lights. Here's and exmaple article on the topic: Grow LIghts for Light therapy

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019 9:35 AM by Gladen.)
10-17-2019 9:30 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

10-17-2019 10:03 AM

(10-17-2019 9:30 AM)Gladen Wrote:  I don't know for certain, but looking at the Light therapy units and comparing them side-by-side with the 660nm/ 850nm LED grow lights, I can see no difference in construction...even the cases are exactly the same. The only difference i see is the price; everything else (dimensions, amperage, shipping weight, etc) is the same. The LED grow lights, however, are well less than $100 for most of them. I would think that they are pretty much the same units, just that the perceived value of the ones hawked as therapy units increases the price.

Edited to add:

A basic internet search netted lots of results on the topic of grow lights being used for light therapy. The consensus is that they can be used, but one must be careful about the Lux output of the grow lights. Here's and exmaple article on the topic: Grow LIghts for Light therapy

That could work. Once people do their homework and find out the intensity and duration used in the study to bring about the outcome they want....

They measure the light intensities at 6 inch intervals. I use my unit at 12 and 24 inches because of the light intensity I am trying to use.

If you get a unit, ask about the light intensity. My understanding is that NASA started with grow lights in their research.
10-17-2019 10:03 AM
nephil
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-01-2019 6:57 AM

Joov has discounts this weekend if anyone's interested. Still expensive though.
12-01-2019 6:57 AM

Share This Thread