Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
Goodlife
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
11-23-2012 8:00 PM

Lexy,

Nizoral is a good option, studies show its just as effective as %2 minoxidil (aka rogain) at slowing down hair loss, but don't use it more than twice a week. It can really dry out your hair and make things worse if you use it every day, not to mention liver toxicity (as you're already aware of.) Use it once every 3 days or pick 2 days a week like wednesday and sunday for example. i believe a company called Regenapure (sp?) sells some without SLS in it if you want to avoid harsh detergents, but it's expensive i think. You can also look into rogain for woman, but maybe you should really research that option though bc of potential side effects and your hair might get depended on it. The good news is that you caught it early enough so there's a chance of reversing the hair loss.

The fibers you're thinking of buying will give you the illusion of thicker hair but make sure you don't get caught in the rain or snow with it on, or it will run down your face and my guess is, that it would be pretty embarrassing...happend to my cousin. I laughed, glad he thought it was funny too. Remember, umbrellas are your friend

I wish you all the best!
11-23-2012 8:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Isis
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-25-2012 3:33 PM

Hi Lexy,

I see that you decided to implement msm. It worked really well for my hair loss. I was shedding like crazy because of my poor diet. Is the bottle you have in capsules? I often hear people whove tried msm saying it did nothing, only to find out they were taking 300 mg in capsules. You need at least 4000mg of msm to benefit the hair/skin. I found that powdered form worked the best. Keep us updated!
11-25-2012 3:33 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-26-2012 12:48 AM

(11-25-2012 3:33 PM)Isis Wrote:  Hi Lexy,

I see that you decided to implement msm. It worked really well for my hair loss. I was shedding like crazy because of my poor diet. Is the bottle you have in capsules? I often hear people whove tried msm saying it did nothing, only to find out they were taking 300 mg in capsules. You need at least 4000mg of msm to benefit the hair/skin. I found that powdered form worked the best. Keep us updated!

Powdered MSM, supplements, a really good blender and lots of tasty fresh fruits and veggies...you can drink more than you can eat and tablets can be awful lol!

Thanks for sharing Lexy. I hope you see that there are no antagonists here. We're all behind you! Keep us posted so we don't worry now! bighug

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
11-26-2012 12:48 AM
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-26-2012 9:49 AM

I'm not sure how much it will help for thickness - but when my hair dresser used a bleach solution that literally made my hair fall out - and snap off like cotton puffs - hideous - it was hideous. I was had to go so short - I was getting hit on by women EVERYWHERE for about 3 months. I don't really care - but I had this little nap of fuzz the first month and was so self conscious - I hadn't realized how much of my identity was tied up in my hair until that moment.

Anyway - She put me on the K-Pak from Joico - but they have two - reconstructor and hydrating. Reconstructor was too drying but the hydrating laid on the moisture and the protein needed to repair my hair. Both are massive amounts of human hair protein in all different molecular weights - so they will fill in the teeny tiny crevices of the hair you do have - and plump them up - keeping what's left - healthy. Only need to use it once or twice a week - it's a treatment pack. If you have a Trade Secrets or an Ulta near you - both carry it.

Since I didn't have much left - I was determined to protect what I had and this did a fabulous job at conditioning it.

Hoping this get's better for you soon!!!!!!

My Best,
Shelly B
11-26-2012 9:49 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

??????
Changed at members request

Sex: Male

Rep Post

11-26-2012 8:45 PM

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Hope for a speedy recovery!

I was thinking and don't mean any offense , just a suggestion . Maybe other female could benefit from their the products. Idea

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Pay-it-Forward
11-26-2012 8:45 PM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

Sex: Male

11-28-2012 9:50 PM

Hi Lexy,

Later on tonight I'm planning to respond in depth with a biochemical flow chart to explain why the doctor is mistaken. Pheromones are NOT precursors to Testosterone (or estrogens for that matter), they are Metabolites from testosterone, after the liver has broken down the testosterone, which are then excreted as deposits on the skin.

Metabolites cannot turn back into testosterone. The Metabolites (pheromones) do not possess anabolic properties and therefore should not cause any problem with androgen associated hair loss.

Ill be back on a bit later to discuss this thoroughly.

Chris @ Alpha
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 10:30 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-28-2012 9:50 PM
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-29-2012 11:14 PM

(11-28-2012 9:50 PM)Alpha Dream Wrote:  Hi Lexy,

Later on tonight I'm planning to respond in depth with a biochemical flow chart to explain why the doctor is mistaken. Pheromones are NOT precursors to Testosterone (or estrogens for that matter), they are Metabolites from testosterone, after the liver has broken down the testosterone, which are then excreted as deposits on the skin.

Metabolites cannot turn back into testosterone. The Metabolites (pheromones) do not possess anabolic properties and therefore should not cause any problem with androgen associated hair loss.

Ill be back on a bit later to discuss this thoroughly.

Chris @ Alpha

Hi Chris. Just to be clear the Dr. never said pheromones were, he said DHEA or DHEAS (not sure honestly). Heart

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi

"Personal style, wicked game, unique approach, and solid confidence."~Thundr
11-29-2012 11:14 PM

Share This Thread