Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Pheromones in hair...bad idea for me
11-21-2012 7:31 PM

epi-Androsterone is in the women's products
epi-Androsterone is in the women's products
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 7:31 PM by halo0073.)
11-21-2012 7:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grape Ape
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-21-2012 9:13 PM

Than a localized conversion right at the scalp and hair follicles is my guess of what is going on here.
11-21-2012 9:13 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

seeusmile
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

11-22-2012 3:00 AM

(11-21-2012 4:46 PM)Shelly B Wrote:  Just wondering - it won't flush it all - but along with your breaks - Vitamin B's at higher doses and lots of extra fluids are supposed to help...

Lexy - are you doing that too while you try to get your hair to come back? Those are supposed to be depleted in big quantities by Pheromones and I double-checked my B-Vite bottle and it looks like Pantothenic Acid is a B-Vite and if I remember correctly - that is a required vitamin for hair/skin/nails...

Good reminder to everyone...Seeusmile - that had to be really surprising about the eyebrows...did they come back?

Lexy - great thread - keep posting so everyone knows how you are doing and anything you learn/know along the way?

it's alot better than it was before. I didn't really take notice of it untill my brother pointed it out and realised my eye brow lost. Since i was more focused on solo testing mones. I havent touched the Hair paste or the body/shampoo for a few months.

So it's still growing back but slowly. I gotta get around the vitamins that alot of people mentioned.

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
11-22-2012 3:00 AM
Grape Ape
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-22-2012 10:43 AM

Get a full spectrum Vit-E product.

These are known in the body building world to help people keep hair shedding to a minimum while on steroids, and to even help.promote growth and a thicker ammount.

Toco-Sorb is a pretty solid product.

There is Nizoral shampoo too. The active ingredient is an Anti-DHT for the scalp.

EDIT: I honestly think you ladies can really benefit from the Full Spectrum Vit-E for more than the hair health.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 10:45 AM by Grape Ape.)
11-22-2012 10:43 AM
Fishdude

Rep Post

11-22-2012 1:56 PM

Lexy,

Sorry to hear about your hair loss but my feeling is that your hair will return to normal soon.

Let me tell you a story about hair loss that may pertain to you or anyone loosing hair sporadically or all of a sudden.

What I was 21 in university, I came back home from a commuter show one evening, felt tired and laid down on the sofa for 20 min nap. When I got up I felt wiped out like I just been through a major downhill ski crash. We call those yard sales in my neck of the woods.

For the next 9 days I came home from school and went straight to bed in all the clothes I could comfortably wear. The next morning I would shower till the hot water had run out, I was constantly freezing. I felt weak, in a daze, short of breath, aches and pains all over and consuming < 500 cals per day. On day 9 I was walking up a flight of stairs, got dizzy and almost passed out. I said to myself, this is no flu I have, time to see a doctor.

Turns out I had pneumonia and was running on just one lung. Antibiotics and four days later I felt great.

Three months later I started loosing a lot of hair every day. Literally 50 hairs on my pillow every morning. If I ran my fingers through my hair and clenched my fingers lightly and each time I pulled out 5 hairs.

This resulted in severe panic for me. I was 21 and no men I my family are bald! What the blank is going on with me? I went to 3 different doctors. The first asked me if my dad was bald? No. The second asked me if my mothers father was bald. My mom never new her father and said she would ask her mother if she ever felt her lovers scalp during their sexcapade. She never did get back to me. The third doctor asked me if I had some physical trauma. 3-6 months ago.

Turns out that a new hair follicle is 3-6 mos old and when the eject a hair and begin anew, they are succeptible to damage. My sickness had caused my hair to thin out. The doctor had said that women also may loose some hair 4- 6 mos after their pregnancy and this is a normal occurrence.

My hair is as healthy as if can genetically be for someone that has been 39 for 10 years. Never hair on my pillow and I can't pull it out the same way I could have before.

Genetic baldness occurs more slowly so I suspect there may be another reason for you. Check your recent timeline for stressful events.

I don't believe any mones are the cause of hair loss .think of all the emollients and lotions people apply to their skin daily. Do we know all the ingredients and chemicals they use to make these.

Good luck Lexy.

Fd
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 1:58 PM by Fishdude.)
11-22-2012 1:56 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

11-23-2012 2:22 AM

First off, thanks for the warning Lexy. It's one more reminder of why people should be careful with skin absorption.

(11-22-2012 10:43 AM)Grape Ape Wrote:  Get a full spectrum Vit-E product.

These are known in the body building world to help people keep hair shedding to a minimum while on steroids, and to even help.promote growth and a thicker ammount.

Toco-Sorb is a pretty solid product.

There is Nizoral shampoo too. The active ingredient is an Anti-DHT for the scalp.

EDIT: I honestly think you ladies can really benefit from the Full Spectrum Vit-E for more than the hair health.

1. If anyone takes vit E make sure it's natural (d-tocopherols or d-tocotrienols, but not dl-tocopherol) I checked out toco-sorb and it does seem like a good product. I'd never heard of vit E used to prevent hair loss, though. Is there any support for that? I do understand vit E's role in the chain of anti-oxidants which regenerates SOD.

2. Nizoral (active ingredient ketoconazole) is wonderful for inhibiting 5alpha reductase on the scalp, preventing the conversion of T to DHT, fighting fungus and promoting healthy hair. The downside is that it's a liver toxin. It's not clear how much is absorbed. I wouldn't worry about it in the short term, but in the long term and if there were other insults it could be an issue.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22870868

[Image: Example.jpg]
11-23-2012 2:22 AM

Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-23-2012 5:04 PM

(11-21-2012 4:46 PM)Shelly B Wrote:  Just wondering - it won't flush it all - but along with your breaks - Vitamin B's at higher doses and lots of extra fluids are supposed to help...

Lexy - are you doing that too while you try to get your hair to come back? Those are supposed to be depleted in big quantities by Pheromones and I double-checked my B-Vite bottle and it looks like Pantothenic Acid is a B-Vite and if I remember correctly - that is a required vitamin for hair/skin/nails...

Good reminder to everyone...Seeusmile - that had to be really surprising about the eyebrows...did they come back?

Lexy - great thread - keep posting so everyone knows how you are doing and anything you learn/know along the way?

Thank you Shelly, yes I always take a whole food prenatal multi-vitamin that has all the B vitamins. I also get a shot of B12 & 6 once a month.

But Doc wants to do a test of my digestive track just to make sure I'm absorbing the B vitamins and amino acids, bc as you said they are necessary for healthy hair. He just wants to make sure my colon is fine, which I think it is, I poop just fine! lol

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi

"Personal style, wicked game, unique approach, and solid confidence."~Thundr
11-23-2012 5:04 PM
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-23-2012 5:18 PM

(11-21-2012 5:14 PM)thundr Wrote:  It has been a few months that I have suspected mones could have an adverse effect on our hormonal balance via absorption, even in mcg quants.

Lexy Im sorry to hear what has happened and I hope that discontinuing use on the scalp returns every lovely strand of yours. Do you have any history in your family of thinning hair, male or female?

Perhaps if one is genetically predisposed to certain conditions such as gynecomastia, thinning hair, acne, weight gain/loss, etc etc.even mones absorbed in the nano range could start an avalanche of ill effects from those who may be susceptible to it. Maybe mones make us more susceptible regardless of genetics via constant exposure. Idk for sure either way.

I touched on this a bit in this thread discussing how we may be accidentally absorbing mones transdermally.
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-To-all-the-...4#pid68364

On the opposite side of that spectrum we have also talked about TL and its predisposition toward weight gain in males. Also if I remember correctly a discussion was had about the possibility of Androstadienone directly affecting male test levels possibly causing the dreaded Androstadienone depression.
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Smelling-an...sol?page=2
There is a shitload of science in that thread but alot of it made sense.

Im not a doctor but Im smarter than one. LOL. I'll look into it for us after the holidays and see if I can come up with something a bit more scientifically concrete rather than our current speculations and hypotheses.

Hi Thundr thank you! ...Dad has a full head of hair and so does mom, my mothers hair is thin but it's always been like that. As much as I try I can't figure out another reason for the hair loss. I'm a pretty healthy girl, do tons of yoga and eat really clean, go to bed early and have no disease or any illness, I never even get the flu. So my only logical guess is the Laid. I have oily skin maybe that has something to do with it?? Like the oil helps the conversion or something?

lol I bet you are smarter than many Doctors out there! Especially the ones educated on the Big Pharma sponsored text books. If you can come up with something after the holidays, especially a cure, I'll be your slave forever!! Girl in love

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi

11-23-2012 5:18 PM
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-23-2012 5:23 PM

(11-23-2012 2:22 AM)wiserd Wrote:  First off, thanks for the warning Lexy. It's one more reminder of why people should be careful with skin absorption.

1. If anyone takes vit E make sure it's natural (d-tocopherols or d-tocotrienols, but not dl-tocopherol) I checked out toco-sorb and it does seem like a good product. I'd never heard of vit E used to prevent hair loss, though. Is there any support for that? I do understand vit E's role in the chain of anti-oxidants which regenerates SOD.

2. Nizoral (active ingredient ketoconazole) is wonderful for inhibiting 5alpha reductase on the scalp, preventing the conversion of T to DHT, fighting fungus and promoting healthy hair. The downside is that it's a liver toxin. It's not clear how much is absorbed. I wouldn't worry about it in the short term, but in the long term and if there were other insults it could be an issue.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22870868

Thank you Wiserd, I think I'm going to use the Nizoral for a while, honestly at this point I will take a bit of damage to the liver if it means stopping the hair loss.

11-23-2012 5:23 PM
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-23-2012 5:34 PM

And Thank you so much guys for all the support!! ...It means a lot really, I was a bit apprehensive to share this with you guys bc I can't be 100% sure and I know we all love mones here so I didn't want to get attacked. If I'm feeling courageous one of these days I'll take a pic and show you, so you can see the extent of it. I would not be concerned if it was just a couple of hairs here and there, it's very noticeable. To the point where I'm considering buying one of those hair fiber powders that conceal the thinning to use it until my hair gets back to normal.

Right now I'm using a shampoo for psoriasis that has Salicylic Acid and Zinc, it also has other stuff in it like sulphates that I usually stay away from, but it seems to be working for me right now.

[Image: 815877_3927666_trimmed.jpg]

And added MSM, horsetail and Viviscal to my supplements.
[Image: 220.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2012 5:48 PM by Lexy.)
11-23-2012 5:34 PM

Share This Thread