Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ouds and Attars as cover scents.
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Ouds and Attars as cover scents.
03-17-2016 3:53 PM

Oud and Attar recommendations appreciated. What are sources and types you've liked. Trying to get my mind around these types.

Intense.
03-17-2016 3:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ekscentra

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Ouds and Attars as cover scents.
03-17-2016 7:43 PM

For attars, you'll want to look into Al Shareef, Ensar Oud (formerly Oriscent), Agar Aura, Rising Phoenix, and Sultan Pasha (scents_rarity is his eBay). I especially recommend Agar Aura - Taha is an absolute genius. Give his oils time and you'll see exactly what I mean. They're often too rich and dense to take in the first time. They're about 3x more expensive than Amouage's attars, but they more than make up for it in quality.

I'm currently wearing Hutan Kalimantan. It starts off smelling like a smoky barbecue sauce, the best savory scent I've ever smelt. It's far better than it sounds. Over time, it calms down just enough to allow the subtler aspects to cut through the mix. There's a photorealistic smoke accord capturing equally the scents of burning incense and a campfire in the middle of a dense, dark jungle. Being almost chameleon-like in nature (but yet never truly changing), I also consider this the finest leather scent I've ever encountered. The highlight for me is when the camphor cuts through the mix, temporarily shining a light on the darkness. You have to smell it to believe it - WOW, just wow. I'm tempted to call this a masterpiece.

Nearly all of my favorite notes are in here - oud, vetiver, oakmoss, patchouli, galbanum, wormwood, ravensara (a new favorite, the perfect camphoraceous note, subtle and complex), pink pepper, birch tar, pine tar, cade, patchouli, and I suspect both cypriol and frankincense are hidden in there as well. Waiting to hear back from Taha on these two.

I'm surprised I never heard about the tree tars from anyone? Those three (birch tar, pine tar, and cade) stuck out immediately for me. Everyone's skin is different, but you'd think someone would notice these.

I'll be testing out Oud Royale 1985 in about three weeks. This may spoil me for all future ouds...
03-17-2016 7:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  alternative non-cologne cover scents monequest74 22 592 10-06-2019 10:05 PM
Last Post: monequest74
  Best Long Range Cover Scents? od1 44 17,713 12-19-2018 9:37 PM
Last Post: IHGWF
  Cover scents tip Mr. E 3 13 4,759 03-31-2017 1:37 PM
Last Post: RiCh
  Do premixed scents perform better than using cover scents? dabu11et 0 615 11-26-2016 3:33 PM
Last Post: dabu11et
  Cover Scents NikkiReloaded 15 7,187 06-21-2016 3:20 PM
Last Post: Jimmycrack