Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Nootropics the closest thing to limitless NZT drug
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
137 thanks in 69 posts

Nootropics the closest thing to limitless NZT drug
12-08-2011 5:06 PM

Doing some research trying to find something to help with my brain functions, there is a new type of drugs that is close to the NZT from the film limitless.

Like synth mones, nootropics is a relative new field. Does anyone have any experience using them?

This website seems to be the most active for nootropics info.

By reading some of the posts, like any supplement and like mones everyone has different effects. So it's not a magic pill that works for everyone. But just something else to give an edge in life. They give a warning also that this stuff is still EXPERIMENTAL, so use at your own risk.

List 1
List 2

Sample of info from list 1 :

Piracetam

(2-oxo-Pyrrolidine Acetamide) - is a derivative of the neurotransmitter GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid). Chemically related to the amino acid Pyroglutamic Acid (Pyrrolidine Carboxylic acid), which occurs in cerebrospinal fluid and plays an important role in cognitive functioning.

Biochemical Effects

Enhances Brain Metabolism (By increasing Glucose Utilization, Blood & Oxygen Flow){Boosts mental energy & cerebral circulation}

Increases Cerebral Phospholipids & Cellular Membrane Fluidity (By interacting with the polar head moieties of the phospholipid bilayer) {Supports healthy neuron communication & structure}.

Supports Cognitive Receptors (By amplifying the density of the Muscarinic Cholinergic {Frontal Cortex, Striatum, & Hippocampus}, NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Aspartate) {Hippocampus}, & AMPA (Alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-Methyl-4-isoxazole-Propionic Acid) Cerebral Cortex Receptors {Strengthens neurotransmitter receptors involved in memory and neuroprotection}

Stimulates the Corpus Callosum, an area of the brain that controls communication between the left and right hemispheres (Increases communication between both hemispheres) {Involved in speech and creative thinking}.

Stimulates the Locus Coeruleus, (specialized neurons) {Involved in information processing, attention, cortical/behavioral arousal, learning and memory}

Inhibits Platelet Aggregation (By increasing Red-White blood cells & Platelet deformability, inhibiting thromboxane A2 synthetase or antagonism of thromboxane A2, reducing von Willebrand's factor & fibrinogen levels) {Supports Healthy Blood Flow}.

Decreases EEG complexity (Increases cooperatively of brain functional processing) {Positively effects Neuro-Electrical Functioning}.

Has a significant antioxidant effect.

Piracetam positively supports healthy cognitive & cardiovascular functioning by a multifaceted means of action.

Notes
Approved & used since 1970’s worldwide (Europe, Asia, and South American) for various health conditions. Recommended by many healthcare professionals and health organizations, such as the Life Extension Foundation, as a Nootropic.
Piracetum is the first step in the use of nootropics, it also stacks nicely with all of the following.

Dose
2-6 grams daily

When can I feel it?
Works within an hour to a few days.

Aniracetam

Aniracetam (1-Anisoyl-2-pyrrolidinone) is a fat soluble potent analog of Piracetam.

Biochemical Effects
Similar to Piracetam, but due to its fat solubility its effects last longer and is far more potent.

Helps increase communication between your left and right sides of the brain, resulting in improved creatively, perception, and more.

Has an more potent AMPA receptor enhancing effect than Piracetam, resulting in better focus and concentration.

Been reported to be best ‘cetam for anti-anxiety effects

Dose
750-1500 mg Daily with meals

When can I feel it?

Oxiracetam

(4-hydroxy-2-oxo-1-pyrrolidinacetamide) is a potent fast acting water soluble analog of Piracetam. Works faster than all other racetams.

Biochemical Effects
Similar to Piracetam, but much stronger than Aniracetam and far faster acting. The preferred premium Nootropic for the elite smart drug user.

Supports multiple aspects of Cognition

Boosts Brain ATP levels (Mental Energy)

Increase Choline Acetylcholinetranferase the neuro-enzyme that creates Acetylcholine (in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus and striatum) {Memory Support}

Dose
800-1600 mg Daily

When can I feel it?

Pramiracetam

Pramiracetam (N-{2-(diisopropylamino)ethyl}-2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine-acetamide) is a fat soluble potent analog of Piracetam, the most potent Racetam compound being about 15 times stronger than Piracetam.

Dose
100-300mg daily

Availability
Sporadic due to customs issues.

L-Huperzine

A is a natural plant alkaloid (extracted from Huperzia serrata), which quickly and potently boosts memory, learning, and concentration. Used worldwide for decades in adults and high school students. Is considered the most potent short term memory enhancer available.

Biochemical Effects

Potently raises Acetylcholine (main memory neurotransmitter) by inhibiting its breakdown from Acetylcholinesterase.

Strengthens the Brain's NMDA receptors (Enhances Focus, Learning, and Brain Functioning)

Dose
Take 200-400 mcg daily for best results with meals.

When can I feel it?

Alpha GPC

(Alpha L-GlycerylPhosphorylCholine), also known as choline alfoscerate, is an unique NeuroActive form of choline that rapidly penetrates the blood brain barrier, naturally found in small amounts in milk and soybeans.

Biochemical Effects

A precursor for the neurotransmitter AcetylCholine [Supports Memory]

A precursor for PhosphatidylCholine [Supports Brain Structure]

Dose
300-2000 mg daily.

When can I feel it?
Works within a few days.

So has anyone tried any of these?
12-08-2011 5:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by paradigmshift, dbot, Beccah, as33156, CG_Jung, eyeofra, solidprice, bored4life, PhoenixOnFyre119
Login or register to remove all advertising

dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
1986 thanks in 812 posts

RE: Nootropics the closest thing to limitless NZT drug
12-08-2011 5:14 PM

I played around with some piracetam and pramiracetam about 10 years ago. I remember feeling at the time that they were definitely having a positive effect on my mental clarity.
12-08-2011 5:14 PM
Thanks given by Pheroquirk, CG_Jung
Pagodeiro
Mones changed my life

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1099
Thanks received:
2470 thanks in 1007 posts

12-08-2011 5:53 PM

Piracetam works great ....

but you need some Choline source to have better effects..

when i take some Piracetam i can concentrate on difficult topics for a long time ..

Pago

Only Ladies welcome ... LadyBoys stay away !
12-08-2011 5:53 PM
Thanks given by dbot, Beccah, CG_Jung, as33156, dexter
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
283 thanks in 363 posts

12-08-2011 6:17 PM

Thanks for posting this! I want to get SO interested in using this stuff, it will be good for him.
12-08-2011 6:17 PM
2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 243
Thanks received:
606 thanks in 325 posts

12-08-2011 6:29 PM

I played around a bit in college, got several books - they've actually been around known as nootropics from Army research for quite a while - I met a LRP (Long Range Patrol) who had his body surgically altered to boost adrenaline output and reduce pain response, and when in the field they would consume only water and something he called zep packs which had msg to make the body feel full and lots of other liquid nutrition. Definitely a field advantage!

Look at vasopressin as well. Most of these essentially throw the throttle wide open on hormonal, neurological, and cellular mechanisms, so having the raw materials like vitamins, minerals, oils, and amino acids is crucial or you can crash and burn pretty badly - like falling asleep while driving bad.

Look carefully as side-effects and contraindications since most of the nootropics are not approved for off-label use and little research on safety and interactions is professionally studied.

Wow kinda sounds like pheromone research, eh?

D3 and B vitamins are essential, and a few amino acids thrown in as well to get the most benefit. There are formulations out there that have most of what you need in the right dosages but they will be horribly expensive - getting the bulk powders and mixing your own is expensive as well but lets you play with the dosages. There are some "compounding" pharmacies/apothecaries that will mix for you but charge a premium as well.

Wikipedia has been fairly well updated lately and is a good neutral starting point.

I'll spray anything apparently...
12-08-2011 6:29 PM
Thanks given by Beccah, Pagodeiro, dbot, paradigmshift, sunny10, as33156, CG_Jung, bored4life, PhoenixOnFyre119, dexter

L.Lawliet
Pheromone Padawan

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 110
Thanks received:
117 thanks in 54 posts

12-08-2011 8:38 PM

piracetam is awesome,I get concentration out the ying yang when i use this and its a good mood elevator without jitters it feels natural . Aniracetam is like more concentrated version of piracetam and more expensive and harder to gauge dosage and end up getting headaches even with a good choline source (i use powder form of both). Dreams are a bit weird at night more vivid too because of the choline bitartrate.if your gonna get piracetam id suggest getting a capsule making machine & capsules and buy the powder in bulk saves you money in the long run

Pheromones *sample
Alpha Dream: A-1,AM,Certo,Glace
Androtics Direct: Ammo
James V. Kohl: un&Scent of Eros
Liquid Alchemy Labs: AV,NA,Wolf
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive
PheromoneXS: Cohesion,Evolve
True Pheromones: TA,TChar,TComm,TI oil,TL oil,TO,TR,TT,XXX
12-08-2011 8:38 PM
Thanks given by shadowknight, sunny10, CG_Jung, as33156, bored4life, PhoenixOnFyre119, dexter
CG_Jung
phero-dabbler

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 205
Thanks received:
120 thanks in 44 posts

12-19-2011 7:02 PM

Just picked up some piracetam and choline and have some huperzine-a lying around. Will see how it goes. Had been feeling really fatigued this fall--think it may have been a combination of seasonal affective disorder along with neurotransmitter depletion from mone usage (science people let me know if this is a valid hunch). Got a Philips goLite about a week ago and have noticed a big increase in energy and mood, and a much greater ability to concentrate. Hope to add to it with nootropics. Also back to exercising since I have energy again.

In the (pared-down) rotation: Wolf, AV, Glace, AM, 9+0; Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense, Acqua di Gio, Incense: Avignon, Jicky.

Journal
12-19-2011 7:02 PM
Thanks given by as33156
NewAlpha
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 520
Thanks received:
342 thanks in 141 posts

12-19-2011 7:58 PM

(12-19-2011 7:02 PM)CG_Jung Wrote:  Got a Philips goLite about a week ago and have noticed a big increase in energy and mood, and a much greater ability to concentrate. Hope to add to it with nootropics. Also back to exercising since I have energy again.

You gave me a great idea about this device. I have a very erratic sleep cycle and in the winter, I hibernate, no sun at all, it's cold and dark,my mood is down... I was thinking about this kind of stuff for years but for some reason, I was seeing it as a gadget.
There seems to be some great reviews about it on Amazon and it's on sale...It's still expensive...but...Evil temptation...
Is it this one you have : http://www.amazon.com/Philips-goLITE-BLU...B001I45XL8

Do you use it in the morning ? Once a day ?
12-19-2011 7:58 PM
Thanks given by CG_Jung
CG_Jung
phero-dabbler

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 205
Thanks received:
120 thanks in 44 posts

12-19-2011 9:13 PM

(12-19-2011 7:58 PM)NewAlpha Wrote:  You gave me a great idea about this device. I have a very erratic sleep cycle and in the winter, I hibernate, no sun at all, it's cold and dark,my mood is down... I was thinking about this kind of stuff for years but for some reason, I was seeing it as a gadget.
There seems to be some great reviews about it on Amazon and it's on sale...It's still expensive...but...Evil temptation...
Is it this one you have : http://www.amazon.com/Philips-goLITE-BLU...B001I45XL8

Do you use it in the morning ? Once a day ?

Yes that is the device I own. Only got it about ten days ago. It is expensive, but not much more than getting AM & Glace, or some other great combo. And when you amortize the cost out over the life of the device, I think it proves more economical than taking a regimen of d3, fish oil, st. john's wort, 5HTP, antidepressants, synthetic copulins, etc.

Fact is, two weeks ago I went in to see the doctor I was that concerned about my fatigue. Got the full blood work done, and I was worried/paranoid about Lymes, hypothyroidism, SAD, serotonin depletion, etc. Still waiting for the results of the lab work, but I am already feeling much better after ten days of bluLITE usage.

I have been setting the bluLITE as an alarm in the morning and reading news on the iPad by it for 35 minutes, and maybe getting 5-10 minutes in the early-to-late afternoon as a booster. I have found my sleep better, deeper, and more consistent, my mood and energy better throughout the day, and considerably less "ADHD" feeling at work and in general (which can be a symptom of depression). My energy is the best I have felt in more than four months. And I've tried subs for motivation (they work fairly well, but not as seemingly well as this). All things considered, the last ten days there is nothing that I've added to my routine of any significance that would account for my improved mood/energy except the bluLITE.

Based on the foregoing, I would recommend it. Further down the road, I can see myself highly recommending it.

In the (pared-down) rotation: Wolf, AV, Glace, AM, 9+0; Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense, Acqua di Gio, Incense: Avignon, Jicky.

Journal
12-19-2011 9:13 PM
Thanks given by SeriousSmile, NewAlpha, idontknow

as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 11257
Thanks received:
7692 thanks in 2594 posts

12-20-2011 1:36 AM

When I was in the army we had these things called go pills they gave us to test. I could work nonstop for 48hrs but would get the worst shits afterwards. I decided to give them a pass as I didn't want to have to wear diapers to use them. I'm interested in some of the things you ladies and gents are discussing. Great thread sunny10. you got reps

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"He who can take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it." Albanian Proverb..... Stay Congruent My Friends
12-20-2011 1:36 AM
Thanks given by CG_Jung, eyeofra

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web