Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

New to pheromones, looking for some advice
ale
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

New to pheromones, looking for some advice
07-10-2019 5:57 PM

Hi guys,

I've only stumbled upon pheromones some days ago, at first I was really sceptic of them, after finding some forums and some more studies on them I gotta admit I was somewhat impressed.

I'm new to this whole thing, and looking for some advice. Where does one find products for a good price? While searching the Internet I've found a site called Sigma-Aldrich that got some substances for sale for a really good price, sometimes only selling quantities waaay larger than what I need (really pricey at that point too oc). So in the end I decided to go for love-scents.com, offering some good bargains and bought their kit with four of the most-used Pheromones, already mixed in an ethanol-DPG solution, making it easier than mixing by yourself i guess. While awaiting my order and trying it out, i'd like to know: There are so many different substances acting as pheromones(I found even more browsing the forum), which ones work best / where do you actually find some of the lesser known ones for sale? Sigma-Aldrich seemed like a good place, more laid out for professionals in the chemical industry though, but i stumbled upon this really great link http://alpha-dream.com/androstadienone.php , seems like alpha dreams doesn't sell these products anymore though...

I wanna buy the compounds singularily so i can try them out one by one, mix them and find the best mix for myself. So, you tell me I need DPG...Dipropylene Glycol, right? Now, I've read online there's different types, and I'm asking myself which one I should buy and where.

Am I doing it right? There's so many different chemicals and stuff you gotta know I'm kinda overwhelmed... happy if anyone can help me :)

Hi to everyone and thanks for advice... really great forum by the way, helped me with a loot of things!
07-10-2019 5:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: New to pheromones, looking for some advice
07-11-2019 10:20 AM

Hiya there Ale (insert Flagon joke here);

Welcome to Pherotruth.

You can take this suggestion however you feel, but for just starting out, unless you are chemist of sorts and know all the ins and outs of the differences between suppliers wares, ratio interactions, what compounds play well with others and which ones merely suspend in a matrix, etc ; I'd recommend purchasing a few products that are along the lines of the effects you want to achieve and getting to know them, as well as other products, through and through until you have a thorough knowledge of how they work, work on you, and interact with each other.

First and foremost, you have the consideration of costs. While you can get sample sizes of individual molecules from various vendors, you'll be out a ton at the onset with no guarantees of anything except for having spent money.

Secondly, each product on the market by the vendors here has a good solid history or has been created by somebody that knows this stuff through and through.

Thirdly, while not at all impossible by any means, some of the compounds used in these are tough to get, especially without the proper licensing, and then you'll need to buy in bulk, which means that you'll have a huge surplus of some things that you really cannot just plop on ebay to recoup some of your expenses.

Myself, I have a good background in chemistry and brew and vint, as well as create other concoctions; and with a year of products use under me, and a good grasp of things, I'm still shooting in the dark at times just in combining products.

Honestly, if you are some mad-scientist chemist that already knows all of this stuff and doesn't just see a mole as a yard-digging pest, then by all means, go for it. I'd just recommend getting the foundation of what is out there, what it does, how it is dosed, and having a solid grasp on everything before you lease laboratory production space.

While some users have successfully created their own unique blends from scratch, most have discovered that it was better to create combinations that play off of each other, or to concoct their own unique blends based upon existing products reimagined. There are some true scientist types here that have depth and breadth of knowledge and can really cook up some amazing stuff, such as Goerge F. and a few others; but overall that is the exception and not the rule.

For starters, I humbly suggest learning the ropes before you not only attempt to sail, but build your own sailboat as well.

He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 10:35 AM by Gladen.)
07-11-2019 10:20 AM
Devin1Neil
Getting comfortable

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

07-11-2019 9:01 PM

(07-10-2019 5:57 PM)ale Wrote:  Hi guys,

I've only stumbled upon pheromones some days ago, at first I was really sceptic of them, after finding some forums and some more studies on them I gotta admit I was somewhat impressed.

I'm new to this whole thing, and looking for some advice. Where does one find products for a good price? While searching the Internet I've found a site called Sigma-Aldrich that got some substances for sale for a really good price, sometimes only selling quantities waaay larger than what I need (really pricey at that point too oc). So in the end I decided to go for love-scents.com, offering some good bargains and bought their kit with four of the most-used Pheromones, already mixed in an ethanol-DPG solution, making it easier than mixing by yourself i guess. While awaiting my order and trying it out, i'd like to know: There are so many different substances acting as pheromones(I found even more browsing the forum), which ones work best / where do you actually find some of the lesser known ones for sale? Sigma-Aldrich seemed like a good place, more laid out for professionals in the chemical industry though, but i stumbled upon this really great link http://alpha-dream.com/androstadienone.php , seems like alpha dreams doesn't sell these products anymore though...

I wanna buy the compounds singularily so i can try them out one by one, mix them and find the best mix for myself. So, you tell me I need DPG...Dipropylene Glycol, right? Now, I've read online there's different types, and I'm asking myself which one I should buy and where.

Am I doing it right? There's so many different chemicals and stuff you gotta know I'm kinda overwhelmed... happy if anyone can help me Smile

Hi to everyone and thanks for advice... really great forum by the way, helped me with a loot of things!

Hey Ale, i'm not associated with them but i'm a huge fan of PXS, the price is right and their sampler kit comes with three very useful phero's. To make any real recommendation we're gonna need to know what situation you want to use them in, as there is no one size fits all.

Androstadienone is a good place to start for a very male aura, it can bring out aggression in men as it raises T levels (for you too), and tends to attract women who are more into the alpha feel. You have to be careful with it however as it can cause some pretty nasty depression for some if you wear it too much.

A good place to start would probably be with a basic mix, if you're looking for comfort then Cohesion is my recommendation, alpha status either go for wolf, or Ascend. Unisex phero's also have great use at parties as disinhibitors and for social reasons.

Remember, sometimes less is more when it comes to these, PXS tends to have pretty concentrated mixes (other than Xsit), so start with one spray or even dilute.

Happy hunting.

If I fart am I shitting in someone's nose? well on a molecular level I guess I am.

~alphavitea 8/2/2013

Don't wear phero's around your family, that is unless you're into that sort of thing
07-11-2019 9:01 PM
ale
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

07-11-2019 9:43 PM

Hi Gladen

I appreciate your answer Smile

Thing is, though, I'd kinda rather try stuff out by myself, even if I'm not too well-versed in the field of chemistry. I'm interested though and am planning to study biochemistry some time, if I ever find the self-discipline to take on such a comittment P, this just on a sidenote...

Not having any experience regarding pheromones, I thought having a pure pheromone-mixture might work out better than using pre-fabricated products, esp after having read some reviews of people disliking specific products and instead tending to use others... I get the impression it really comes down to yourself, how you handle certain (social) situations resp. just your character as well as one's own, natural pheromone signature, if you can call it that. Having already bought the products from love scent, I might as well try them out, oc not starting by mixing them, but using them by themselves and finding out how they work.

With that, it seems to me, I can dose them pretty nicely as well, knowing exactly how many mcg/drop of mixture I have, being able to reproduce that in the future and having exact measurements how much I need. I don't really trust some spray-bottle produced by some company I can't really find any information about that might not exist in some years or change their recipe. Call me paranoid or anything like that! Not that I'm garantueed what's in the single pheromones I bought, but I like to think I'm more in control of the end result.

Now, I've even found some links with the composition of some established products, http://pherolibrary.com/product-table for example, I'm definitely gonna try to replicate some sometime.

With my single molecule-mixtures I'd like to know though: It seems to me they're fairly highly concentrated stuff which makes me wanna dilute them to be safe from OD, since they're probably something like 90% ethanol 10% DPG I should just recreate that mixture then add the pheromones, right? Where do I find DPG though (preferably not off the internet because of the reasons you mentioned too, having to buy in bulk and pretending i'm some scientist, giving false credentials thus fearing if anything goes wrong i don't get it)... cause diluting in water probably isn't a good idea... here I'm asking myself if the molecules bind to water though...

DPG is Dipropylene Glycol though, right? Btw pricing is a joke on Sigma-Aldrich     , how the hell can they ask such a steep increase in price regarding buying larger amounts!?

Anyways, thanks for the help!

And another thing: why are so many threads/parts of the forum disabled for newer members? doesn't seem too reasonable in my opinion..

Edit:

Thanks Devin, for your advice too! Seems like your reply collided with mine...
I stumbled upon pxs' kit, since I already bought the one from love scents even 30% percent off with some online coupons I guess I'll save that tip for later...

Androstadienone sounds real nice, since I tend to be rather depressed at times and struggled a bit with that I'm gonna be catious with that I think. I thought I'd try out something innocuous at first like Androstenol, then maybe try out -none, or mixing them..

I guess overall I'm trying to improve my social status somewhat... I'm tall and not bad-looking, so it's not hard for me getting girls interested, keeping them invested is another thing though. Since I'm rather shy and not always the most talkative person it's often hard for me to get conversations going... I heard some mones would even boost your confidence, don't really believe that works but i guess i'll find out!

Btw you're signature says not to wear mones around your family haha is the effect really that strong?
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 9:59 PM by ale.)
07-11-2019 9:43 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-12-2019 11:50 AM

If that's the route you want to go for your first steps, then good for you.

as far as a suspension matrix goes, I think (but am not certain) that LPMP sells a perfumers oil and perhaps an oil/ alcohol as well to use for concocting your own blends.

All you really need to do is to use some google-fu and look for perfumer's hobby supplies (or 'make your own perfume') and you should be able to find plenty of suspension matrices on the cheap. Perfumers oils don't require any special research permits, so you'll have no problems there.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
07-12-2019 11:50 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

07-12-2019 11:52 AM

(07-12-2019 11:50 AM)Gladen Wrote:  If that's the route you want to go for your first steps, then good for you.

as far as a suspension matrix goes, I think (but am not certain) that LPMP sells a perfumers oil and perhaps an oil/ alcohol as well to use for concocting your own blends.

All you really need to do is to use some google-fu and look for perfumer's hobby supplies (or 'make your own perfume') and you should be able to find plenty of suspension matrices on the cheap. Perfumers oils don't require any special research permits, so you'll have no problems there.

Personally I'm a fan of Perfumer's Apprentice.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
07-12-2019 11:52 AM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-12-2019 11:57 AM

(07-12-2019 11:52 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Personally I'm a fan of Perfumer's Apprentice.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com

Slaps forehead impersonating Radar O'Reilly "Ah...Bach!"

Yes, I forgot about them as I have enough hobbies so I don't mad-scientist myself to death on scents.

07-12-2019 11:57 AM
Styrman
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-13-2019 12:45 PM

(07-11-2019 9:43 PM)ale Wrote:  I get the impression it really comes down to yourself, how you handle certain (social) situations resp. just your character as well as one's own, natural pheromone signature

With that, it seems to me, I can dose them pretty nicely as well, knowing exactly how many mcg/drop of mixture I have, being able to reproduce that in the future and having exact measurements how much I need.

What you also should take into consideration is that not all the girls are the same. Some might react well to whatever mix you present them, some might not notice anything, some might not like it at all. Some might react well to one drop/spray, some might react to three or four. They might behave differently because they are in a [insert any word] mood. They might behave differently for any number of reasons... I believe there is a Nobel prize to be won for the man who figures women out. P
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019 12:46 PM by Styrman.)
07-13-2019 12:45 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hey all! Buying these pheromones, looking for advice! michaeltheman 2 791 09-16-2017 7:31 PM
Last Post: RussianWolf
  Hello! I'm kinda new to pheromones, looking for wisdom/advice? :) Gym 6 2,398 06-03-2014 1:26 PM
Last Post: NuTrix