Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Good idea to make more threads displayed in View Today's Posts?
Yes!
No!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
More threads in view today's posts
Arsenic
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 161
Thanks received:
542 thanks in 255 posts

More threads in view today's posts
12-14-2016 11:30 PM

There's a way in MyBB to display more threads when you click on View Today's Posts. I tinkered with it a bit on an old site of mine and found that the change resulted in more members responding to more threads more often. It also gives the illusion that a higher volume of posts are being made on a regular basis so it helps retain members and encourages more newbies to sign up.

Essentially it expands the time window. Right now, VTP shows threads commented on made within a 24 hour period. What I'm suggesting it to change that number to 36 or 48 for example. I don't know the correct number here so it'll take a bit of playing with to get a number that works well for the community to display a favorable number of threads.

Just a suggestion - I can implement the change or link to documentation if this is something Pherotruth is interested in.

23. College classes and parties.
Nootropic & supplements. Musician. Tech guy. Beer Promoter.

LAL: Dirty Primitive, Aqua Vitae, Voodoo, Wolf, Nude, Nude Alpha, Bad Wolf
PSX: Evolve, Ascend, Cohesion, A1
Alpha Dream:Glace, Alpha Maschio
PT: ETFZ, GOA
Apex: Core, Imprint, 5crux / FCA1, TUSC
PherX

My Journal Razz You play the game even by not playing so you might as well play it right!
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 11:35 PM by Arsenic.)
12-14-2016 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1791
Thanks received:
4560 thanks in 1906 posts

RE: More threads in view today's posts
12-14-2016 11:35 PM

That's an easy change to make, but normally we have a lot more posts in the course of a day than we've had recently. Summers always tend to slow down, and with the election season I'm thinking that had a bit to do with it too. If it doesn't start picking up at the beginning of the year that's something we can consider though.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
12-14-2016 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arsenic
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 161
Thanks received:
542 thanks in 255 posts

RE: More threads in view today's posts
12-14-2016 11:39 PM

(12-14-2016 11:35 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  That's an easy change to make, but normally we have a lot more posts in the course of a day than we've had recently. Summers always tend to slow down, and with the election season I'm thinking that had a bit to do with it too. If it doesn't start picking up at the beginning of the year that's something we can consider though.

I noticed that too. Seems a little too quiet around here, it's creepy really. Darn politics.

Awesome! Thanks Mark Smile

23. College classes and parties.
Nootropic & supplements. Musician. Tech guy. Beer Promoter.

LAL: Dirty Primitive, Aqua Vitae, Voodoo, Wolf, Nude, Nude Alpha, Bad Wolf
PSX: Evolve, Ascend, Cohesion, A1
Alpha Dream:Glace, Alpha Maschio
PT: ETFZ, GOA
Apex: Core, Imprint, 5crux / FCA1, TUSC
PherX

My Journal Razz You play the game even by not playing so you might as well play it right!
12-14-2016 11:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Derailing threads jb20 13 3,395 10-27-2015 10:34 AM
Last Post: jb20