Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Love Scent pheromones, scam?
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
135 thanks in 88 posts

Love Scent pheromones, scam?
08-16-2009 1:19 PM

Hi everyone, I'm considering making a purchase at Love Scents, but I'm not sure where to start. I know not all of their products are scams, as I've used a different version of Alpha 314 (A314) available from Androtics Direct, but I've heard of negative reviews for some other products. I was considering some Scent of Eros (Scent of Eros ), but I wanted some opinions first. Also what pheromones are in Scent of Eros? Androsterone? Androstenone? Alpha androstenol? Beta androstenol? What exactly, does anyone know? Thanks!
08-16-2009 1:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 51 posts

RE: Love Scent pheromones, scam?
08-16-2009 2:04 PM

I THINK scent of erocs is like shine.
I've recently purchased from Love Scent recently. Got New Pheromone Additive and WAGG based on what Gegogi and a few others have said about those two.
08-16-2009 2:04 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

08-16-2009 2:35 PM

Scent of Eros contains androstenol and androsterone. It was the first product to contain this mixture (and to not include androstenone). Many products have since claimed to incorporate androsterone, but no one other than my colleagues and me have explained the biological basis for its use.

I'm not sure whose idea it was either to claim to use, or to claim effects of beta-androstenol. Similarly, I don't know whose idea about the use of the urinous-smelling androstenone propagated the line of many products that now claim to use this aversive odor.

Scent of Eros (for her) was the first product to contain the copulin formula Astrid Jutte used when she showed it increased testosterone levels in men. It also contains androstenol, because androstenol is believed to have a positive influence on women. When others say there product includes copulins, they typically fail to say what they are calling copulins.

Please let us know if you find this kind of information on any other products, so that others can make some comparisons. If you want to know more about the scientific basis for the Scent of Eros products, there are links to lots of information from my websites (which I hope to update soon). And, of course, there's always a way to get a copy of the book that started all this: The Scent of Eros: Mysteries of Odor in Human Sexuality (1995, 2002). The updated 2002 paperback edition ensures ongoing availability through all of the typical outlets.

James V. Kohl
http://www.pheromones.com
scentoferos.com

(08-16-2009 1:19 PM)Phya Wrote:  Hi everyone, I'm considering making a purchase at Love Scents, but I'm not sure where to start. I know not all of their products are scams, as I've used a different version of Alpha 314 (A314) available from Androtics Direct, but I've heard of negative reviews for some other products. I was considering some Scent of Eros (Scent of Eros ), but I wanted some opinions first. Also what pheromones are in Scent of Eros? Androsterone? Androstenone? Alpha androstenol? Beta androstenol? What exactly, does anyone know? Thanks!
08-16-2009 2:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Bella, renny, idle
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 693
Thanks received:
713 thanks in 311 posts

08-16-2009 7:47 PM

Hey Phya, I picked up Scent of Eros, New Pheromone Additive, and the Love Scent version of A314. Only had them a couple of days so I can't really comment on the pheromone part of it, but I do want to say that Scent of Eros is probably the best smelling pheromone product I have tried. The A314 scent is nicer than the other one too. Love Scent service was excellent!

The Androstenone Discussion
08-16-2009 7:47 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
119 thanks in 76 posts

Posts=648, but changed to 0 to remove from top posters list
08-17-2009 12:55 AM

(08-16-2009 2:35 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  Scent of Eros contains androstenol and androsterone. It was the first product to contain this mixture (and to not include androstenone). Many products have since claimed to incorporate androsterone, but no one other than my colleagues and me have explained the biological basis for its use.

I'm not sure whose idea it was either to claim to use, or to claim effects of beta-androstenol. Similarly, I don't know whose idea about the use of the urinous-smelling androstenone propagated the line of many products that now claim to use this aversive odor.

Scent of Eros (for her) was the first product to contain the copulin formula Astrid Jutte used when she showed it increased testosterone levels in men. It also contains androstenol, because androstenol is believed to have a positive influence on women. When others say there product includes copulins, they typically fail to say what they are calling copulins.

Please let us know if you find this kind of information on any other products, so that others can make some comparisons. If you want to know more about the scientific basis for the Scent of Eros products, there are links to lots of information from my websites (which I hope to update soon). And, of course, there's always a way to get a copy of the book that started all this: The Scent of Eros: Mysteries of Odor in Human Sexuality (1995, 2002). The updated 2002 paperback edition ensures ongoing availability through all of the typical outlets.

James V. Kohl
scentoferos.com

(08-16-2009 1:19 PM)Phya Wrote:  Hi everyone, I'm considering making a purchase at Love Scents, but I'm not sure where to start. I know not all of their products are scams, as I've used a different version of Alpha 314 (A314) available from Androtics Direct, but I've heard of negative reviews for some other products. I was considering some Scent of Eros (Scent of Eros ), but I wanted some opinions first. Also what pheromones are in Scent of Eros? Androsterone? Androstenone? Alpha androstenol? Beta androstenol? What exactly, does anyone know? Thanks!

You know, James, I have to try your product and for my husband too. I'm one of those people whose head literally snaps backwards when I'm exposed to Androstenone. And it gives me horrible anxiety attacks. But Androsterone... oh my! I can't say enough about the wonderful effects I get when exposed to it. I could sit and huff a bottle of it straight up all day. Maybe soon, when I get a little cash in my grubbies, I'll have to stroll over to Love Scent and pick up some Scent of Eros for him n her.

Diane
08-17-2009 12:55 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

08-17-2009 3:50 AM

You know James, Scent of Eros is the first arone product that doesnt distance people from me. I tend to use arone in my (leave me be) mixes.

Scent of Eros dosnt do that. It draws more people to me which is great. I am thinking its something to do with the ratio I use in mine but I havent figured it out yet.

I love Scent of Eros though.

Do you have future plans to create other mixes ?

Tisha
08-17-2009 3:50 AM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

08-17-2009 7:53 PM

(08-17-2009 12:55 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  I'm one of those people whose head literally snaps backwards when I'm exposed to Androstenone. And it gives me horrible anxiety attacks. But Androsterone... oh my! I can't say enough about the wonderful effects I get when exposed to it. I could sit and huff a bottle of it straight up all day. Maybe soon, when I get a little cash in my grubbies, I'll have to stroll over to Love Scent and pick up some Scent of Eros for him n her.

I've met very few people who react as you do to androstenone, but knew enough about it's aversive effect to avoid it. There's virtually nothing published that states the odor is pleasant, just less aversive in some situations.

Even androsterone can be aversive when there's too much of it. But of course I had experimented with it at different ratios before incorporating it into the Scent of Eros mix. At the 1 mg/ml level, only pregnant women (and one woman who was raised on a pig farm) found it aversive. And I think that the woman raised on a pig farm mistook the scent for androstenone, and was afraid to inhale. Most people describe it as the scent of fresh sweat: pleasant, and not at all overpowering.

James V. Kohl
08-17-2009 7:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Thanks received:
119 thanks in 76 posts

08-18-2009 4:19 AM

(08-17-2009 7:53 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  
(08-17-2009 12:55 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  I'm one of those people whose head literally snaps backwards when I'm exposed to Androstenone. And it gives me horrible anxiety attacks. But Androsterone... oh my! I can't say enough about the wonderful effects I get when exposed to it. I could sit and huff a bottle of it straight up all day. Maybe soon, when I get a little cash in my grubbies, I'll have to stroll over to Love Scent and pick up some Scent of Eros for him n her.

I've met very few people who react as you do to androstenone, but knew enough about it's aversive effect to avoid it. There's virtually nothing published that states the odor is pleasant, just less aversive in some situations.

Even androsterone can be aversive when there's too much of it. But of course I had experimented with it at different ratios before incorporating it into the Scent of Eros mix. At the 1 mg/ml level, only pregnant women (and one woman who was raised on a pig farm) found it aversive. And I think that the woman raised on a pig farm mistook the scent for androstenone, and was afraid to inhale. Most people describe it as the scent of fresh sweat: pleasant, and not at all overpowering.

James V. Kohl

I think one of the wonderful mysteries of being human is how differently we can perceive things. To me Androsterone has a mellon-like scent. I don't know if my perceptions of it would change with repeated exposure, the way people's perception changes with androstenone exposure.

I'll have to try to look up the studies showing that a certain portion of the population reacts as I do to androstenone... it triggers the nerves even before it can trigger the olfactory systems.

Diane
08-18-2009 4:19 AM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

08-18-2009 7:51 PM

Why do you use the plural: i.e., olfactory system(s)? Do you mean that you get a trigeminal effect, like with ammonia?

JVK

(08-17-2009 12:55 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  I'll have to try to look up the studies showing that a certain portion of the population reacts as I do to androstenone... it triggers the nerves even before it can trigger the olfactory systems.
08-18-2009 7:51 PM

Diane999
Banned for Violations

Thanks received:
119 thanks in 76 posts

08-18-2009 10:09 PM

(08-18-2009 7:51 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  Why do you use the plural: i.e., olfactory system(s)? Do you mean that you get a trigeminal effect, like with ammonia?

JVK

(08-17-2009 12:55 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  I'll have to try to look up the studies showing that a certain portion of the population reacts as I do to androstenone... it triggers the nerves even before it can trigger the olfactory systems.

Lolz.... because I had been up all night and I was trying to post before dragging my ass off to bed. It was just a typo.

And yes, that is exactly what is happening.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2009 10:10 PM by Diane999.)
08-18-2009 10:09 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pherazone Scam or Legit? dk82795 4 4,787 05-25-2017 10:37 AM
Last Post: Tezeus
  Looking for Love Scent reviews Data4 7 5,674 02-07-2013 3:35 AM
Last Post: myopicmonkey
  allopregnanolone and 4-androsterone from love scent wiserd 10 3,263 05-24-2012 5:28 PM
Last Post: Fly So Hi
  Love Scent pheromone store discount code terry0400-40 3 3,393 10-11-2010 2:40 PM
Last Post: terry0400-40